Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Breaking News : Manchester City signs Ottamendi for 45M euros !
tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

5 year contract.
Argentinian centre-back Nicolas Otamendi is set to become a Manchester City man. According to Sky Sports, the player will sign a five-year deal with the Citizens.After Mangala passed on forming part of the deal, City have had to splash out 45 million euros to secure the player.Valencia will now have to get to work on finding someone to accompany Mustafi in the centre of their defensive line. Garay is one of the players under consideration, but it will not be easy to prise him away from Zenit.

Manchester United biggest mistake this season imo not to sign him and waste their time with unlikely Ramos move.

1 Week earlier : ( From Marca )

The jig is up. On Friday Nicolás Otamendi told Nuno what he didn't have the balls to in Germany. Having gone through the motions earlier in the summer, the Argentinian centre-back landed a metaphorical kick in his coach and teammates' teeth ahead of Valencia's match against their B-team at the Mestalla: "Don't select me anymore, gaffer. I'm not going to play; I've got big money at stake". To which Nuno replied, "I'm not going to force you into anything. I want committed people".

After this conversation, Nuno informed the rest of the squad about Otamendi's decision and promptly moved on - just like he did last year when Jérémy Mathieu downed tools in pre-season.
There looks to be no turning back for the Argentine. Otamendi's mind is squarely on the fortune he stands to earn in the Premier League and he is determined to leave. As a result, despite the defender's vast ability and influence, Nuno has no choice but to count him out.

Otamendi's camp continue to make moves behind the scenes in a bid to engineer an exit sooner rather than later. Manchester City have now reportedly joined rivals United in the chase for the 27-year-old's signature, with a €45m bid in the offing.

Ps : Nuno Esperito Santo is Valencia actual coach.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

5 year contract.

Argentinian centre-back Nicolas Otamendi is set to become a Manchester City man. According to Sky Sports, the player will sign a five-year deal with the Citizens.

After Mangala passed on forming part of the deal, City have had to splash out 45 million euros to secure the player.

Valencia will now have to get to work on finding someone to accompany Mustafi in the centre of their defensive line. Garay is one of the players under consideration, but it will not be easy to prise him away from Zenit.

Manchester United biggest mistake this season imo not to sign him and waste their time with unlikely Ramos move.

5 year contract.
Argentinian centre-back Nicolas Otamendi is set to become a Manchester City man. According to Sky Sports, the player will sign a five-year deal with the Citizens.After Mangala passed on forming part of the deal, City have had to splash out 45 million euros to secure the player.Valencia will now have to get to work on finding someone to accompany Mustafi in the centre of their defensive line. Garay is one of the players under consideration, but it will not be easy to prise him away from Zenit.

1 Week earlier : ( From Marca )

The jig is up. On Friday Nicolás Otamendi told Nuno what he didn't have the balls to in Germany. Having gone through the motions earlier in the summer, the Argentinian centre-back landed a metaphorical kick in his coach and teammates' teeth ahead of Valencia's match against their B-team at the Mestalla: "Don't select me anymore, gaffer. I'm not going to play; I've got big money at stake". To which Nuno replied, "I'm not going to force you into anything. I want committed people".
After this conversation, Nuno informed the rest of the squad about Otamendi's decision and promptly moved on - just like he did last year when Jérémy Mathieu downed tools in pre-season.
There looks to be no turning back for the Argentine. Otamendi's mind is squarely on the fortune he stands to earn in the Premier League and he is determined to leave. As a result, despite the defender's vast ability and influence, Nuno has no choice but to count him out.
Otamendi's camp continue to make moves behind the scenes in a bid to engineer an exit sooner rather than later. Manchester City have now reportedly joined rivals United in the chase for the 27-year-old's signature, with a €45m bid in the offing.

Comments
tiki_taka 9 years ago

The mercao isnt over, United are still linked with big players, forget Muller, but Griezmann is possible if they activate his buyout clause, linked also to Kokorin. I think United knows that the mercato is not over yet specially after they cashed in Di Maria.

Jozifbadmon 9 years ago
Arsenal, France 4 56

City are going to be super strong, they've really impressed me against chelsea. They're my favorites to win the title unless we see more big moves from us or Chelsea.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

^ I thought Arsenal had big money to spend this transfer market, 11 days remaining for Gunners, i smell some panic buys in the air, or nothing at all.

Jozifbadmon 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, France 4 56

@tikitaka I think we'll either see a big surprise signing à la Ozil, or nothing at all. I'm a bit sad but I've made a list of players who could strenghten our squad, they're all strikers (and I'm not going to state the obvious like messi ronaldo neymar etc) :

Benzema, lewandowski, cavani, ibra, suarez, aguero, diego costa, tevez.

Maybe I missed someone, but you look at this list and you'd understand why we haven't bought anyone. None of these guys are available. The one thing we could improve would be a cover for coquelin, and even that it's hard to find a player better than arteta who is not already at a big club. Wenger trusts in our back 4 and I think our defense is good enough. The only obvious weak link in our starting eleven is Giroud. We used to have 3, GK, DM and Striker. Now we got coquelin and cech. That and our squad has incredible depth.

That's why I think we'll see no new first team signing, unless all of a sudden benzema or someone else from the list becomes available for god knows the reason.

• History

@tikitaka I think we'll either see a big surprise signing à la Ozil, or nothing at all. I'm a bit sad but I've made a list of players who could strenghten our squad, they're all strikers (and I'm not going to state the obvious like messi ronaldo neymar etc) :Benzema, lewandowski, cavani, ibra, suarez, aguero, diego costa, tevez. Maybe I missed someone, but you look at this list and you'd understand why we haven't bought anyone. None of these guys are available. The one thing we could improve would be a cover for coquelin, and even that it's hard to find a player better than arteta who is not already at a big club. Wenger trusts in our back 4 and I think our defense is good enough. The only obvious weak link in our starting eleven is Giroud. We used to have 3, GK, DM and Striker. Now we got coquelin and cech. That and our squad has incredible depth.That's why I think we'll see no new first team signing, unless all of a sudden benzema or someone else from the list becomes available for god knows the reason.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tiki

Lets look at facts : It was Chelsea who lost the title not City winning it ...

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Marcus

In order for someone to win the title, someone else has to lose it. From that perspective, Liverpool also lost the title in 2014. Last season, it was Man City who lost the title after Christmas in order for Chelsea to win it.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Actually true Marcus, Chelsea failed to dominate small teams that season due to lack of possession but destroyed the big four, City did so-so vs the big 4 but destroyed midtable teams. At the end, the most consistent team won.
Im not also forgetting the fact that United tied City in points before, thanks to Aguero's goal in ET, but at the end Football only remember the winning team.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

@dyna well you going philosohpichal there , my point is simple . Not always best club in EPL wins title . I thought we were best club for the past two years . Like in 2009 , it was Liverpool who was best club in EPL but United won it . Some question our victory in 2010 , fair , there were few shady things that year I will admit it .

@tiki

I said this 3 years ago and I got lots of thumbs down and bashing ... Honestly winning the league on the last day on goal difference on last seconds was all pretty , but then again at home ground against 10 men QPR in last minute on goal difference ... They deserved it more than United for those defeats but it did not feel like a best club won EPL . More like two best clubs and one got lucky .

City had a lot of shady victories not just against small teams but big teams too . I constantly pointed them out and if we sit and count how many points it brought them you will surprised .

I am not bitter and maybe I sound unrepeatable and unfair to you but I just like to look at facts . Facts are that city were getting many favors from referee ..

• History

@dyna well you going philosohpichal there , my point is simple . Not always best club in EPL wins title . I thought we were best club for the past two years . Like in 2009 , it was Liverpool who was best club in EPL but United won it . Some question our victory in 2010 , fair , there were few shady things that year I will admit it .

@tiki

I said this 3 years ago and I got lots of thumbs down and bashing ... Honestly winning the league on the last day on goal difference on last seconds was all pretty , but then again at home ground against 10 men QPR in last minute on goal difference ... They deserved it more than United for those defeats but it did not feel like a best club win EPL . More two best clubs and one got lucky .

City had a lot of shady victories not just against small teams but big teams too . I constantly pointed them out and if we sit and count how many points it brought them you will surprised .

I am not bitter and maybe I sound unrepeatable and unfair to you but I just like to look at facts . Facts are that city were getting many favors from referee ..

Refree arguments are pointless for me, the moment we accept mistakes are part of the game. We never count mistakes in our favor, ALL OF US WE NEVER DO, so i just dont wanna discuss a league loss about some refree decisions, because if a team loose only in refree decision, they were not that strong to win no matter what.

Its very clear that Chelsea were the best team if we take previous 2 years, but i spoke about the previous 5 years, and its very diferent because i was pointing the consistence of City. But once they win the league, they drop a little in level.

• History

Refree arguments are pointless for me, the moment we accept mistakes are part of the game. We never count mistakes in our favor, ALL OF US WE NEVER DO, so i just dont wanna discuss a league loss about some refree decisions, because if a team loose only in refree decision, they were not that strong to win no matter what.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Marcus: the better one can loose unluckly over a game. That's normal.

A better one doesn't loose over a season. The one who wins would be the better one.

fair enough , that is why I am strong supporter of video replay technologies . So, we won't have to deal with this arguments . Bad or good referee decisions bring or take away at least 10 points every season from clubs starting from the bottom all the way to the top .

Do you mean consistent throughout the season or since their project started ? Although , I may be wrong but neither applies to them . I believe With squad they have or had , they should have won CL and won EPL back to back .
Although CL is knockout competition and sometimes you need little more luck than just a good squad , still they should have done much better than for example Arsenal .

• History

fair enough , that is why I am strong supporter of video replay technologies . So, we won't have to deal with this arguments . Bad or good referee decisions bring or take away at least 10 points every season from clubs starting from the bottom all the way to the top .

Do you mean consistent throughout the season or since their project started ? Although , I may be wrong but neither applies to them . I believe With squad they have or had , they should have won CL and won EPL back to back .

Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

I disagree with @Tuan, I think that there are many cases in which the best team has not won the league/game/trophy. A simple example is 2012 Champions League, where Chelsea was definitely not the best team. Neither was Bayern. The best teams were Madrid and Barca, who had to face each other in a title-deciding game in between the two semi-final legs, depriving both teams of all energy and resulting in tired legs in the second-leg semi-finals. I can also remember plenty of occasions back in Mourinho's first season at Madrid where referee decisions constantly went in the favor of Barcelona, and almost all the referee decisions went in the favor of Real Madrid in Mou's second season. I'm not saying that we didn't deserve the title in 2012, but we were most certainly helped along the way. The race should've been much tighter if all the referee decisions were fair in both 2011 and 2012 La Liga.

• History

I disagree with @Tuan, I think that there are many cases in which the best team has not won the league/game/trophy. A simple example is 2012 Champions League, where Chelsea was definitely not the best team. Neither was Bayern. The best teams were Madrid and Barca, who had to face each other in a title-deciding game in between the two semi-final legs, depriving both teams of all energy and resulting in tired legs in the second-leg semi-finals. I can also remember plenty of occasions back in Mourinho's first season at Madrid where referee decisions constantly went in the favor of Barcelona, and almost all the referee decisions went in the favor of Real Madrid in Mou's second season.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Agreed. The best team lost when Chelsea and Barcelona played in CL 2009 or against Liverpool in 2005.. As a Chelsea supporter I think I had enough with referees and I totally support video replay technology. 100% Let it happen.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

And the best team lost in 2012, when we assisted to 180 min of anti-football with harsh tackling and no intentions of playing Football. But thats Football.

FredTilson 9 years ago Edited
Manchester City, France 61 769

We should all be thankful to Chelsea for all our titles. We didnt win any of them, it was Chelsea who lost them. Similarly Barca didnt win the CL last year, Chelsea lost it. Arsenal didnt win the FA Cup last year, Chelsea lost it. We are all by products of Mr Mourinho's benevolence. Its all part of his mind games.

• History

We should all be thankful to Chelsea for all our titles. We didnt win of them, it was Chelsea who lost them. Similarly Barca didnt win the CL last year, Chelsea lost it. Arsenal didnt win the FA Cup last year, Chelsea lost it. We are all by products of Mr Mourinho's benevolence. Its all part of his mind games.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Nice one Fred :)

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@fred

Don't twist words that is not what I meant . It hurts to know that best club in EPL can't do much crap against top sides in Europe . Wait not top sides . sides like CSKA Moscow ... Learn to represent , because Arsenal are not champions but they do so much better job and I am glad United are back in CL because we can't rely on City to make england proud . Domesticly , i am always rather to see City to win if it is not Chelsea.

@tiki Best team also lost in 2009 , when Barcelona paid referees playing anti football like diving their way to final mate . Is not diving worst way of cheating ? I think yes . Diving deceiving referees to get favors .

Also your best team constantly involved in referee scandals that resulted in CL titles , 2006 , or 2011 Arsenal , Milan Real Madrid so please Tiki stay quiet honestly you making me vomit when you trying whitewash Barcelona CL campaigns for last 10 years . Barcelona has fantastic squad and had one of the greatest squads in the world 2009 - 2012 but I hate the fact that referees were making crucial decisions that made paved the roads to titles .

You had one clean CL victory last year and all thanks to some luck that I mentioned any club should have in CL . That luck was that Bayern was not playing like Bayern but like Guardiola with stupid high line, and PSG did not have full squads and played like kids . Nonetheless it was fully well deserved victory .

@dyna

ofcourse mate , better team was knocked out last season when Real played Atletico . I dont want to hear all this nonesense about their defensive approach or physical approach as anti football . They Play football , they are not breaking any rules . Referees are there and they counted all the fouls that did matter and did not matter but they almost made all wrong calls on big crucial decisions that played in Reals favor .

Best team IMO did not win in , 2014 it was supposed to be Atletico , 2013 - Borusia Dortmund that final was disgrace , best team did not win in 2012 they lost to Bayern in semi final because big players don't know how to take penalties when it matters , but in the same year we beat one of the better teams and that felt great . Even with their attempts to dive and cheat us out of the title we still beat them with 10 men and that felt very nice !! and then we beat the team that beat best team of that year and that felt even better :))

Those are my opinions , i have my reasons to believe so because i look at number of factors that affected outcome of each champion and they were crucial factors .

Lol Marcus you should be grateful that our outcast made you win todays game ending MOTM. You' re welcome :)

Keep crying, Barça is writing History atm, peace ;) no need to read BS of some frustrated fan.

What a clean team :)

• History

Lol Marcus you should be grateful that our outcast made you win todays game ending MOTM. You' re welcome :)

Keep crying, Barça is writing History atm, peace ;) no need to read a BS of some frustrated fan.

Keep crying, Barça is writing History atm, peace ;) no need to read BS of some frustrated fan.

@tiki

Your outcast was competing with two 60 million pounds + players ... that is not outcast , that is being pushed because of politics and truly one of the best players in the world .

One day when we grow up and have more money ( clean money earned fairly not robbed off ) we will have similar players and our "outcasts" will help you out ;)

• History

@tiki

Your outcast was competing with two 60 million pounds + players ... that is not outcast , that is being pushed because of politics and truly world class players .

One day when we grow up and have more money ( clean money earned fairly not robbed off ) we will have similar players and our "outcasts" will help you out ;)