Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Breaking News : Manchester City signs Ottamendi for 45M euros !
tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

5 year contract.
Argentinian centre-back Nicolas Otamendi is set to become a Manchester City man. According to Sky Sports, the player will sign a five-year deal with the Citizens.After Mangala passed on forming part of the deal, City have had to splash out 45 million euros to secure the player.Valencia will now have to get to work on finding someone to accompany Mustafi in the centre of their defensive line. Garay is one of the players under consideration, but it will not be easy to prise him away from Zenit.

Manchester United biggest mistake this season imo not to sign him and waste their time with unlikely Ramos move.

1 Week earlier : ( From Marca )

The jig is up. On Friday Nicolás Otamendi told Nuno what he didn't have the balls to in Germany. Having gone through the motions earlier in the summer, the Argentinian centre-back landed a metaphorical kick in his coach and teammates' teeth ahead of Valencia's match against their B-team at the Mestalla: "Don't select me anymore, gaffer. I'm not going to play; I've got big money at stake". To which Nuno replied, "I'm not going to force you into anything. I want committed people".

After this conversation, Nuno informed the rest of the squad about Otamendi's decision and promptly moved on - just like he did last year when Jérémy Mathieu downed tools in pre-season.
There looks to be no turning back for the Argentine. Otamendi's mind is squarely on the fortune he stands to earn in the Premier League and he is determined to leave. As a result, despite the defender's vast ability and influence, Nuno has no choice but to count him out.

Otamendi's camp continue to make moves behind the scenes in a bid to engineer an exit sooner rather than later. Manchester City have now reportedly joined rivals United in the chase for the 27-year-old's signature, with a €45m bid in the offing.

Ps : Nuno Esperito Santo is Valencia actual coach.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

5 year contract.

Argentinian centre-back Nicolas Otamendi is set to become a Manchester City man. According to Sky Sports, the player will sign a five-year deal with the Citizens.

After Mangala passed on forming part of the deal, City have had to splash out 45 million euros to secure the player.

Valencia will now have to get to work on finding someone to accompany Mustafi in the centre of their defensive line. Garay is one of the players under consideration, but it will not be easy to prise him away from Zenit.

Manchester United biggest mistake this season imo not to sign him and waste their time with unlikely Ramos move.

5 year contract.
Argentinian centre-back Nicolas Otamendi is set to become a Manchester City man. According to Sky Sports, the player will sign a five-year deal with the Citizens.After Mangala passed on forming part of the deal, City have had to splash out 45 million euros to secure the player.Valencia will now have to get to work on finding someone to accompany Mustafi in the centre of their defensive line. Garay is one of the players under consideration, but it will not be easy to prise him away from Zenit.

1 Week earlier : ( From Marca )

The jig is up. On Friday Nicolás Otamendi told Nuno what he didn't have the balls to in Germany. Having gone through the motions earlier in the summer, the Argentinian centre-back landed a metaphorical kick in his coach and teammates' teeth ahead of Valencia's match against their B-team at the Mestalla: "Don't select me anymore, gaffer. I'm not going to play; I've got big money at stake". To which Nuno replied, "I'm not going to force you into anything. I want committed people".
After this conversation, Nuno informed the rest of the squad about Otamendi's decision and promptly moved on - just like he did last year when Jérémy Mathieu downed tools in pre-season.
There looks to be no turning back for the Argentine. Otamendi's mind is squarely on the fortune he stands to earn in the Premier League and he is determined to leave. As a result, despite the defender's vast ability and influence, Nuno has no choice but to count him out.
Otamendi's camp continue to make moves behind the scenes in a bid to engineer an exit sooner rather than later. Manchester City have now reportedly joined rivals United in the chase for the 27-year-old's signature, with a €45m bid in the offing.

Comments
Jozifbadmon 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, France 4 56

That's really expensive for a center back. La liga watchers how good is he really ? Mangala seems to have not lived up to his price tag yet, could it happen with otamendi ? From the video at least he looks like a physical beast

• History

That's really expensive for a center back. La liga watchers how good is he really ? Mangala seems to have not lived up to his price tag yet, could it happen with otamendi ?

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

His last two years were outstanding. He was able to carrie his form into the WC and Gold Cup. If the deal really is 45mil plus Mangala then we surely made a smart move. Hes great but you cant keep someone who doesnt want to play for you.
City will have 3/4 of the Argentine defence; Manchester has all of the starting Argentine defence.

Jozifbadmon 9 years ago
Arsenal, France 4 56

what ? where have you heard that mangala was included ? If it really is 45m + mangala the price is ridiculous

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

I know prices are really inflated right now, (see: Sterling, Benteke), but I would've raised an eyebrow if United had bought Ramos for that much, let alone Otamendi. He's a great player, but only City would throw that much money at him.

A little off-topic here, but this is where mid-table/smaller clubs will get very hurt. With the addition of new owners (see: City, PSG) they are spending far more money than they need to, because they can. This inflates the price of the overall market, and mid-tier clubs can't buy the players they should be able to because they are valued too high. There are obviously exceptions (Stoke this transfer window for instance) but no mid tier club can compete in the transfer market to the degree that they formally could.

The gap between rich and not-so-rich is growing.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

@Sunflash
Thats not completely true because there are so many other methods to attract players, but you need to have great scouts before that the player became '' sexy '', if City buys at 45M, then Valencia has +45M so if their scouts ( Jorge Mendes specially ) keep on the great work and make them sign his players ( he is the agent of plenty of players ) then some smart teams like Sevilla or Valencia will continue to compete.

For me the Valencia vs Monaco game looks like Mendes Vs Mendes game because he is the agent of at least half of the players playing there...

But i agree on this, once a player become the target of big clubs, its impossible for other clubs to compete for him.

@Rai

Mangala declined the one-year loan to Valencia or the direct move, he wants to compete in England for his starting place. I think the actual deal is only 45M, no player included, dont know if there are add ons or not yet.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Excessive amount of money, but a good transfer nevertheless. Otamendi was clearly La Liga's best defender last season.

FredTilson 9 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

I would have preferred a left back instead.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Great... another United """done deal""" signs for another direct rival. What a week. F*** you Otamendi :) hope you enjoy your millions more than your trophies.

United needs to become a big spender and stop spending intelligently as they seem to be trying. We cant compete with the other big spenders and we definitely need some signings.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuanis

I don't know about you, but City are more likely to win trophies than United at this moment. It seems as if Otamedi is going to be earning money and winning trophies...

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I honestly dont think so, but we'll see...

raimondo90 9 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

At least Otamendi had the balls to say his move depended mostly on money. We cant compare with Citys wages, even with our new benefactors. If the deal finalices then City have to move one of their defenders on. Logic would fall on Mangala or Demichelis, only problem is that Pellegrini is quite fond of Demi and he has about a good year left in him. So Mangala should look for a loan or just switch teams. He hardly justified his fee and has been very inconstant.

• History

At least Otamendi had the balls to say his move depended mostly on money. We cant compare with Citys wages, even with our new benefactors. If the deal finalices then City have to move one of their defenders on. Logic would fall on Mangala or Demicheles, only problem is that Pellegrini is quite fond of Demi and he has about a good year left in him. So Mangala should look for a loan or just switch teams. He hardly justified his fee and has been very inconstant.

FredTilson 9 years ago

Mangala has been steadily improving, he was absolutely brilliant against Chelsea. It just took him some time to adjust to the EPL. Also, I have talked to a friend of mine who is a Porto fan and according to him, at Porto, Mangala was a much better defender than Otamendi.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Now I probably need to revise my EPL prediction . City really want their title back .. I honestly don't think of any other title contender more dangerous than City . It is between us and city . Others are there to take the points off of us .

I think Mangala will be fine staying at the city and will improve but he was highly overpriced ...

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Fred

Ah, but Otamendi wasn't particularly outstanding initially at Valencia either. He steadily improved into a colossus.

FredTilson 9 years ago

Yeah. Its strange how so many CB's are such late bloomers. Koscielny used to play in Ligue 2 till 2009. Benatia also till 2010 I think.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Fred

And there are also the odd ones that are consistently the same throughout their entire career. You could argue that Sergio Ramos and Paolo Maldini both played at almost the same skill when they were 19 and when they were 28. Very odd.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

I dont know what do you think of this guys, but each time City wins the title, their star players like Toure and others have a sabatical year, then come back motivated and win again the title.
It has been like this for years now :

2011/12 City wins the league 89 pts.
2012/13 second 78 pts, 11 pts gap between them and the winner United.
2013/14 City wins the league 86 pts.
2014/15 second 79 pts, 8 pts gap between them and the winner Chelsea.
2015/16 City wins the league ( My prediction ).

Having a +75pts season is still a good season, but they are arguably the best team of last 5 years of PL, and if they got someone like SAF, they wouldnt have this small off-form but enough to not be able to compete for the league.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

A small rectification, the coach is not enough, if they had a long winning History and pressured by fans, they would be obliged to deliver each season, fact is that their fans are happy with their first or second position because it used to be much worst not that long ago...

I found this, made my day :)

tiki_taka 9 years ago

5 year deal, 31.7 M£ = 44.5 Million euros. From FR transfer window ;)

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Im jealous.