Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bold Prediction Thread (BPL - Season 2014-2015)
Murrderer 10 years ago
Real Madrid, Germany 3 28

The BPL returns to action tomorrow with the other big leagues following suit closely after, so I figured it was the perfect time to dish out a thread of this sort. Naturally, I would suggest you provide reasoning for your predictions, though I imagine that won't be as fun. Go wild, go bold, go into details!

Comments
manchesterutI 10 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

Don't forget that Manchester took a huge blow this year, the mighty creativity of Howard Webb. Chicarito was useless the first half. Januzaj was the only one that looked good. Nani was bad as well. Jones did a couple of good tackles today but Smalling is mehh. Losing Vidic and Ferdinand in the same year is hard. I think they will recover but it will take time.

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@ashwin1729

I think next game he won't play 3 at the back . Even so, if United does not buy now then January will be tough time to shop and possible be out of top 4 before January window without at least 3 more signings . Van Gaal knows that and every United fan including you knows that there should be more signings now rather than later .

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

Van gaal's 5 at the back tactic lasted for one half. Praise the lord and master of all tactics. I don't exactly like united but welcoming van gaal like the second coming of christ and all the hype around him would only make me apreciate it more if he failed. But still, it's only the first game of the season. We'll see, but his squad is still piss poor, can't see him making the top 4.

@marcus, I think chelsea's squad > city's squad. Now let's see what Mourinho and Pellegrini do with what they have. On Arsenal, I agree if we come short in spring and drop off, it would probably be because we lack a great striker and/or a great holding mf. About the leadership, I think Ramsey is the guy you are talking about, he'll put the team on his back when needed, and he'll carry us to a win, just like on saturday. And we have plenty of leaders now, who are all captain material. Arteta, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Ramsey, even Walcott or Wilshere. I think we did good this summer with the signings, I'm very optimistic and I think we'll be in the title race until the last games.

ashwin1729 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Marcus: I agree with you that we definitely need some signings in the midfield. But overall, the team needs like 2 months before jelling. I think its a little too soon to expect changes with mentality and van Gaal's vision. Top 4 is the priority, and I do not mind throwing carling up...or give youngsters a run in it. Welbz and RVP could have made a difference yesterday. United always started slow historically...even in 2012, we lost away to Everton in the first game of the season...the home loss is hard to take, but I hope we win next week.

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited

ef@kindhenry

Sorry took me long to respond .

I think you being little harsh on a coach who took underdogs to semi final of World Cup out of the death group . They were just margin short of beating Argentina . P.s. IMO He should have let Krul out on penalties .

Arsenal will definitely be in title race but the question is until how long . I think without more signings in spring Arsenal will fall behind City and Chelsea.

I don't about Ramsey and rest . Seems too young .

@ashwin1729

Well time will tell , but if I was Van Gaal i would get busy and get few more top quality signings . United is on stock market and can't afford another year of failing to reach CL. Btw Rojo was a good one . Do not think that attack needs too much addition like i mentioned couple of new wingers will do fine . Mainly it is defensive midfield and defense that lacks quality .

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@kindhenry

Sorry took me long to respond .

I think you being little harsh on a coach who took underdogs to semi final of World Cup out of the death group . They were just margin short of beating Argentina . P.s. IMO He should have let Krul out on penalties .

Arsenal will definitely be in title race but the question is until how long . I think without more signings in spring Arsenal will fall behind City and Chelsea.

I don't about Ramsey and rest . Seems too young .

@ashwin1729

Well time will tell , but if I was Van Gaal i would get busy and get few more top quality signings . United is on stock market and can't afford another year of failing to reach CL. Btw Rojo was a good one . Do not think that attack needs too much addition like i mentioned couple of new wingers will do fine . Mainly it is defensive midfield and defense that lacks quality .

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Won 800 quids had to find this thread :) This is just good ending to everything .

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

^ You win.

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

havent seen u in a while marcus. anyway. congrats on your prediction. :)

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Hahaha I almost got Liverpool right, 7th. Damn

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Actually that wasn't even a bold prediction... that was just common sense.