Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bayern vs Real Pre-Match Talk
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

So, its Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid today, it promise to be a good game, those two historically have had many games against each other and it will be interesting to see who will come on top? I like both team and I'll respect whoever win it (especially if they win it without controversy needed), but I'm not gonna lie, I'm hoping Bayern can put a stop to Real Madrid winning run in the CL. As a neutral, I love to see new different champion and CL was at one point a competition with lots of different winner depending on the year. Since Zidane took over Real, that haven't exactly been the case but hey, we will see what happen. For me, the game could go any direction, it could be a draw, a small win to one of the team or an huge victory for either one of them. What are your thought though? And by the way, don't forget to drop on the livescore today if you got time! :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, its Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid today, it promise to be a good game, those two historically have had many games against each other and it will be interesting to see who will come on top? I like both team and I'll respect whoever win it (especially if they win it without controversy needed), but I'm not gonna lie, I'm hoping Bayern can put a stop to Real Madrid winning run in the CL. As a neutral, I love to see new different champion and CL was at one point a competition with lots of different winner depending on the year. Since Zidane took over Real, that haven't exactly been the case but hey, we will see what happen. For me, the game could go any direction, it could be a draw, a small win to one of the team or an huge victory for either one of them. What are your thought though? And by the way, don't forget to drop on the livescore today! :D

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

OK so where is your argument?
You openly say that you started watching football just 3 years ago and yet you act as if only what you say matters and try to play down what other people say.
I took up the whole history of Bayern from the past 2 seasons when I stated that their gameplay didn't change much at all and that Ancelotti tried to save the team from getting injuries and now they have injury problems, why am I sooooooo wrong for saying that?
Even I posted that since 2004 this was the first time a team needed to use 2 subs in 30 mins in a semi-final another fact is that this was the 3rd loss to Real Madrid at home for them, 6th loss overall in a row, this was the game where Bayern needed to win, if they had won I obviously wouldn't put the same narrative!

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Arguing with you is useless, you just dodge other people argument and focus only on what you say again and again. :( Its suck because your an active user but if you don't listen to anybody but yourself, then nobody gonna like what you say. :(

Man it's exactly what Emo said, and it makes me sad. Those Ancelotti threads were a while ago, now all those months after you still claim exact ridiculous stuff.

There are teams who have much injuries, it's not all on the medical team but also on player's injury proness, if you check up you should find out that Ribery, Robben and Boateng are some of the most injury-prone players in the world, Javi was out because of hit to the head, Coman had type of injury to not let you play to the end of season (and you can't stop injury like this), Vidal's injury was literally first more serious in his career.

It's matter of luck, Arsenal and Madrid have frequent injuries too, Ancelotti wasn't right in anything during his second season here, idk how much bias a man must have to defend him so much despite he was the problem.

Heynckes did nothing special at all and it's very visible now when they play another powerhouse that they actually want to compete against.

Jesus Christ are you fucking blind?

You haven't watched ONE single game of Ancelotti's second season and not single ONE of Jupp this season, if you did, you would see, but you are talking out of your ass so I really don't have to discuss.

Ancelotti, if he didn't get outplayed like last year, would then go on to claiming refs robbed us - Ancelotti was past it at Bayern, wrap your mind around it.

It's clear who was better team yesterday and fact you can't recognize that either makes you seem even more dumb.

Dude you claimed Jupp is nothing special, Guardiola is overrated, argued with whole forum in the referee decision discussion, no one agreed with you and you proclaimed you got the victory.

How much more?

Vidal is also injured, I said in the past that Bayern has an older squad that Ancelotti didn't want to force much during training but they said as if a big managers like him that won so much didn't know how to train players, that was obviously a lie and now we have seen so many of their players injured, last season that didn't happen to Bayern and they still were unable to beat Real Madrid but they took them to extra time.

Do I actually need to repeat?

Coman and Kimmich who are some of our best players were benched when Carlo was the coach.

Hummels, Boateng, Kimmich, Coman, Lewandowski, Vidal, Ribery were all against him at some point. But he was right blah blah.

We were god awful relying on crosses.

We went out earlier with Carlo in the CL, yet Jupp's return after 5 years isn't anything special, Carlo isn't worthy enough to be in same sentence with Jupp today.

I took up the whole history of Bayern from the past 2 seasons when I stated that their gameplay didn't change much at all and that Ancelotti tried to save the team from getting injuries and now they have injury problems, why am I sooooooo wrong for saying that?

Our gameplan is completely same except we were struggling in Bundesliga with Carlo but not struggling in CL with Jupp. Same shit mate.

You are fucking wrong because you can't sort your mind to understand something else than your blindfolded faith that something you read on internet is correct.

Injuries are obviously more important than our results, because it's only ridiculous argument you had.

@bald_genius, well tbh Tolisso was decent, and not the same type player Rudy is. We needed to attack so it was better IMO to put in Coco.

Thiago was awful at moments, he wasn't ready for match like this after his injury. He is worse player than he usually is in big matches because he doesn't use his creativity to full extent. But also he didn't warm up and misplaced passes cause of that.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Well you maybe still think that nothing I've said matters and is not in any reality but honestly if your team had won I would have been singing a different song.
That means that I'm totally capable of pointing out how this Bayern did more than Bayern from last season but since Real Madrid won again I just had one option and that is to connect the dots from the past till this point.

It's very impressive that Bayern has such depth in the squad even after all those injuries, but the struggle is still the same.

I'm not as much against what you said as you are against what I said, Kimmich was maybe benched more but still played 40 games last season, I just think that in case your team fails again to defeat Real Madrid you should be more open towards questioning the ability of Heynckes, like I did.
Because if Bayern wins I will write that Heynckes did what Ancelotti couldn't, and it's not over yet Bayern has a chance.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo True that, Bayern definetly still has a chance. Can we also agree that if Rafinha wouldn't have made that mistake, the score would propably been less hard on Bayern? More among the line of 1-1 no doubt. Which would have been better results than last year a bit. By the way, I see a lot of positivism in your answer sudenly, I'd like to let you know I appreciate that.

Croatian 6 years ago

I won't even try to agree until I know you watched enough Bayern matches to form an opinion.

Go to /r/fcbayern on reddit and ask what they think of Carlo.

No one in their right mind would question Heynckes after he won the treble and came back from retirement 5 years later, as a 72 year old, and won league after Carlo was in crisis, improved every single player, got to the UCL semis and only players let him down there. I am truly shocked someone is there to doubt him, especially after two managers who were considered best in the world at some point, Pep and Carlo, did less than him.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

No one in their right mind would question Heynckes after he won the treble

Well, now I know that there is no hope, this is the kind of thing that I tried to open your eyes from and you don't change one bit. Knowing now that even if Bayern loses for the 7th time in a row you will still be saying the same thing means a lot.
Good luck in the away game you'll need lots of it.

Croatian 6 years ago

Taking break from football. It's whole different to lose based on luck, but to lose after playing so good for biggest part hurts as hell.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Sorry for the loss mate, especially after the 2 errors. Feel bad for Ulreich, excellent all season. But RM is that team, if you give 1 chance they’ll score 2. Efficiency.

BM should be proud, Jupp should be proud, and James should be proud.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Croatian I agree with amir, Bayern still played incredible despite the two mistake and you should be proud of that. I'm also sorry for the loss, you guys deserved better. Maybe next year when Neuer is fit again, you'll get your revenge.

Croatian 6 years ago

I'm incredibly sad for Jupp though, after creating such a good team all of it was lost with two mistakes that costed us. In a tie versus best team in the world.

At this point I see that Lewandowski isn't striker we need. Sure, he is probably best striker in the world but I can't even remember last big match where he was in MOTM discussion. Yeah, he worked his ass off yesterday, but also had two chances he should have buried in both matches.

Bayern fans which are asking for Ulreich's head are absolutely ridiculous. Like they forgot his perfomances prior to this match.

Hummels had his standard brainfarts with misplaced passes and stuff. Still, good perfomance, especially that dribbling through Real's midfield.

Alaba is so refreshing, sadly it was his mistake for 1st goal. Great connection with Ribery who sadly did nothing.

Robben's injury ruined it all, if we had fresh Robben along with Kimmich on the side versus Marcelo, we would create more chances. This way Muller had to get on side and cross instead of his usual role.

Kimmich crying broke my day ;(

amir_keal 6 years ago

Yea I agree. I feel bad for Ulreich. He lost his footing at the worst time. Ribery was really greedy in the game I felt, could have passed sometimes but lost the ball. On an addition, what a game from Sule! This guy was incredible.

Croatian 6 years ago

Yeah, Sule is probably better option than Boateng, so sad for that guy but at least we have a ready-made backup.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

Muller can't be put out of position in game like that, or he won't make much of an impact. :( Kimmich seriously got nothing to reproach himself though, he played at an incredible level and was Bayern best player in front of goal and propably of both legs. The main dissapointement for me is Lewandoski. We're talking about a guy who is supposed to be one of the best striker in the world, yeah, he wasn't given much to go with in that game but seriously. His performance wasn't impressive at all. I agree Wagner should have been given more playtime. :(

amir_keal 6 years ago

I honestly think Muller was class. I do agree his best role is behind the ST though. Robben would make a huge difference. Last year he was best player over two games.

Croatian

Are there any transfers that you personally would want at BM? Both in and out? I don't think some players will make it tbh, like Renato Sanches,

Croatian 6 years ago

You sadly can't use Muller on side, he is pure CF/SS, playing behind Lewandowski and using his brilliant positioning and intelligence to the fullest. Only thing he is decent in on the wing is maybe crossing, because he isn't talented dribbler, or fast, nor he can cut inside like Robben. Robben's injury hurt us the most through both legs.

@amir, as every other Bayern fan does, I want winger, we saw how shitty the situation can become ^ without good winger options. With the start of next season, I expect Robben and Ribery to no longer be starters, but impact subs or starters in big UCL matches. Coman should be starter along with Malcom preferably - I think we should look for RW. Mahrez would also be my dream but I can't tell how much would he cost and he isn't linked with us. If we for some reason decide to go for LW (Coman is perfectly decent on RW too), we should pick Guedes or Martial IMO.

Don't forget we also have Gnabry coming back from another great season.

Winger is our only real must-buy player, but we also might look for fullback (Rafinha is pretty inconsistent and there is massive quality difference between him and Kimmich, Bernat is pretty bad last few seasons so Alaba doesn't have real backup), striker (in case Lewandowski decides to leave, I honestly think we would do better with Werner) and maybe CB (we have Hummels, Boateng and Sule as CBs, Javi is pretty much full-time DM now, and only backup we have is 18 year old Mai - I heard rumours about de Ligt and would honestly love it if we leave him on a loan somewhere to come back after year or two).

I think some youth players deserve loans, and wanna get rid of Renato.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Croatian Thinking back, I really think sending Gnabry on loan was a poor move, he wouldn't have that much playtime but would have been very important in situation like against Madrid. :(

amir_keal 6 years ago

Croatian

I agree Coman should surely be a starter. Jupp has gotten the best out of him before his injury. But I do think Douglas Costa sell was a HUGE mistake. That guy was WC even before Carlo came, I remember what that guy used to do in his first year. He may have had a bad year, but 30 million ( I think)? That's too cheap for his quality. I don't think Benatia was bad, but Costa should have had more time after the year he had with Pep. I don't really think both Malcom and Gnabry can be ready to replace Robben, Robben was a top top player, especially in 2013-15. He was soo good. Mahrez on the other hand might be more ready, he has played CL football as a starter for at least 1 year. Maybe pick up a cheap deal for Di Maria? He is not playing consistently, and like Robben can be amazing on his day.

I agree with the full back situations as well as the ST. It was clear Lewandowski needed back up. Werner will do good. I would get Hector, Cologne are going down and he is a great player. Although one drawback is that he can play CM, with Goretzka, Rudy, Tolliso, Thiago, James and Javi all in that position. Still, get a sneaky bid on Hector, and that should be good. RB will be harder to get since there aren't so many on the market. Cuadrado can be converted though I guess. As for De Ligt, too early to call big things from him IMO, he doesn't tend to do well under pressure, and still too young.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

But I do think Douglas Costa sell was a HUGE mistake.

True that. Its seem pretty obvious now that I think about that Bayern should have thought about depth in specific position (winger and full-back mostly). A shame because otherwise, they might have been in the final. :(

Croatian 6 years ago

@amir,

But I do think Douglas Costa sell was a HUGE mistake.

I agree too. I'm one of his biggest fans but he was apparently trying to get higher wages and thus his perfomances dropped, he wasn't same under Ancelotti after his brilliant spell with Pep. He also seemed to try more showboating and stuff, failed lots of dribbes because of that. I'd still take him. He would have Salah-like potential in right system. Plus he can play both wings. I think he left for €46M. Not bad price considering Salah didn't go for much more either. But I'd still want him here.

I don't really think both Malcom and Gnabry can be ready to replace Robben, Robben was a top top player, especially in 2013-15.

Well last season I'd say same about Coman and Ribery, look at this season. Robben is still gonna play a huge role, he is still relatively consistent and big match player. Gnabry proved to be quality and useful winger (his end product is already very good) and Malcom shows good abilities by putting whole team on his back. Task will be hard but by time they adapt, I think we will have great wingers.

Maybe pick up a cheap deal for Di Maria? He is not playing consistently, and like Robben can be amazing on his day.

Yeah, di Maria is great but I'm really thinking about younger players. Plus, he'd have to take wage cut. If we had possibility for deal when he was leaving Madrid, I'd take him anyday.

I would get Hector, Cologne are going down and he is a great player.

He just extended, one of rare loyal players, same as Timo Horn. They're going down with Koln and I'm incredibly sad for them.

Cuadrado can be converted though I guess.

Hmm, that could go either way. He is good enough to be starter but I also wonder about his defensive abilities (true, he's playing at Juventus, but that doesn't instantly mean he's ready for position change).

I can't really think of anyone from my mind but when I do, I'll come back here.

Discussion Closed