Ballon d' Or final ranking.
tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

enter image description here

Thoughts ?

Comments
Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

He is the best player in the world, however, i think Van Dijk deserved to get the award for a sensational year 2018/2019 and European Champion.

Also, Messi voted for Sadio Mane as #1

reyjuspe 4 years ago
Liverpool, Finland 1 4

I agree with you on that. There has not been a player of Messi's caliber, but the award should always be based on the previous year, not on general opinion of any player. That's not to say that Messi didn't have an awesome season - Van Dijk's just was simply sensational. In a similar fashion than when Modric received his award - I think it was fairly deserved, although nobody probably argues that he'd been on the level with Messi and Ronaldo throughout his career. He just simply had a sensational year and deserved the trophy.

And the lack of appreciation towards Firmino compared to Mane and Salah still amazes me. I know that he's recognised as one of the world's greats, but I still believe he's the best of those three.

netsten 4 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Hard to say that Messi wasn't the best player in this campaing. He's just monster, just keep in mind that strikers, midfielders, are always the guys who have the more impact for the medias compare to defenders or goal keepers... I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the sixth, but it would not be a shame if Van Dijk got it for me, he had a fantastic season, Mané was also better than Cristiano this year imo...

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

4 Liverpool players in the top 7...the strides a club can make in only a few years time

Madridista11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@SunFlash Must be nice.

serans 4 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

What is Mahrez doing in top 10? Who thinks that he is better than Sterling? This rankings amaze me every year...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

What is Mahrez doing in top 10? Who thinks that he is better than Sterling? This rankings amaze my every year...

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Mane behind Ronaldo is just hard to swallow.

And Van Dijk and Messi are very very tight.

tiki_taka 4 years ago Edited

@serans Mahrez won the CAN with Algeria.
Lloris over stegen is the joke imo, despite the CL final, i dont see anything special in Lloris season.

If it was me i would give it every year to Messi, these 2 years he was just GOAT, only 2 games flopped against Roma and Liverpool and it costed him alot.

• History

@serans Mahrez won the CAN with Algeria.

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

Virgil deserved it a least as much as Modric when he won it. But I'm not angry at all with the results, Messi also had an amazing season, if only statwise. Still suck a bit though because Van Djik propably won't have as many chance as Messi to win another one. Also, feel like Messi is gonna be next to impossible to overtake after that.

• History

Virgil deserved it a least as much as Modric when he won it. But I'm not angry at all with the results, Messi also had an amazing season, if only statwise. Still suck though because Van Djik propably won't have as many chance as Messi to win another one. :(

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Still a bit of a joke Modric won it looking back now @Emo.

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Oscars 2019

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

You should be angry with results, because it is joke. If are going to recognize real best players for their efforts for the team then lets not rely just on stats. Virgil has had a tremendous impact on Liverpools success last season. He won titles and his defending reminded of the days of Maldini.

They gave Messi this one because who knows when he will have another chance to win as he is aging. That is why I call it "Oscars". Popularity contest. Not true award for truly best player of the year.

tiki_taka 4 years ago

Actually I put mane season over Van Dijk.... Van Dijk hot an incredible team play, Messi wins us games single handedly, as I told you, I would put Messi every year for years now.

Mane got robbed, 4th is a scandal. Why would Ronaldo or Virgil be above ?

tuan_jinn 4 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I have no problem Messi won, he stood out in ALL departments. All stats, top scorer, golden boots, top assists, most dribbles, most key passes...

Right, he failed in a crucial game against Liverpool, who he trashed the first round with 3 goals. So i will give you this if in doubt.

Van Dijk and Messi are both deserved. As individual, i am mote toward Messi. Although, Mane, the man, I think Mane even 50/50 with Messi.

But Ronaldo in top 3.

Thats oscar, that's popularity contest.

He did absolutely nothing. 4th in score in a league where Juve won 7 years in a row.

Failed to reach anything.

Why?

• History

I have no problem Messi won, he stood out in ALL departments. All stats, failed in a crucial game against Liverpool, who he trashed the first round with 3 goals. So i will give you this if in doubt.

Van Dijk and Messi are both deserved. As individual, i am mote toward Messi. I think Mane even 50/50 with Messi.

But Ronaldo in top 3.

Thats oscar, that's popularity contest.

He did absolutely nothing. 4th in score in a league where Juve won 7 years in a row.

Failed to reach anything.

Why?

31 goal and 8 assists in 2019, CL and Européen super cup, CAN finalist, 2nd in a league won by 100 PTS with extreme competitiveness reminded me of liga few years ago.

What could an African player do more to be recognized ? Each year someone looks deserving it we give it to a defender ?

Ramos for instance got better seasons in the past than Virgil being decisive in CL and national team, never was even in top 3.

We all remember Ronaldo hattrick Vs Atlético, thé main performance in his season. He showed why he will lasts in history books. But man, no one remember Mane Vs Bayern and also his consistency, he was Liverpool main man, not Virgil and not Salah.

Imo Van dijk should be 3 rd, Mbappe and Lewandowski got incredible scoring records and consistency both 4th and 5th.

And whoever wins it between Mane and Messi would have been justified, a me based on personal stats and overall performance, other on titles collectively won combined to stats and impact.

• History

31 goal and 8 assists in 2019, CL and Européen super cup, CAN finalist.

What could an African player do more to be recognized ? Each year someone looks deserving it we give it to a defender ?

Ramos for instance got better seasons in the past than Virgil being decisive in CL and national team, never was even in top 3.

31 goal and 8 assists in 2019, CL and Européen super cup, CAN finalist.

We all remember Ronaldo hattrick Vs Atlético, thé main performance in his season. He showed why he will lasts in history books. But man, no one remember Mane Vs Bayern and also his consistency, he was Liverpool main man, not Virgil and not Salah.

Imo Van dijk should be 3 rd, Mbappe and Lewandowski got incredible scoring records and consistency both 4th and 5th.

And whoever wins it between Mane and Messi would have been justified, a me based on personal stats and overall performance, other on titles collectively won combined to stats and impact.

Agreed tuan, if Mane had to win it there would have been no scandal. Imo he is paying lack of charisma or unpopular reason because Senegal is not a sexy origin.

• History

Agreed than, if Mane had to win it there would have been no scandal. Imo he is paying lack of charisma or unpopular reason because Senegal is not a sexy origin.