Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal - Chelsea Predictions
CroatiaFan123 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Can't wait for it! The London Derby. Arsenal has a good row of 8 wins. We 'jumped' to the second place with some great perfomances against big clubs (Liverpool for example).

Let's do it!

Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea (Giroud)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Can't wait for it! The London Derby. Arsenal has a good row of 8 wins. We 'jumped' to the second place with some great perfomances against big clubs (Liverpool for example).

Let's do it!

Let's do it!

Comments
raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I just think Chelsea have enough quality to be going for a win every game. But that mentality "we came for a draw" or celebrating a draw like a win, is for weak teams... A true champion should say we try to win every game.. But thats Mou's mentality and philosophy.

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@raimondo90, couldn't agree more. And this idea of "we don't want to take any risks" is an illusion since Chelsea are miles ahead of everyone in the table.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@rain

Just re-read what you wrote and think about how ridiculous it is . Do you really think there is a club in any top division that will ever or has before won every match , especially in EPL ?

Chelsea always goes on to the pitch to win . It is media and likes of you who thinks otherwise . No team ever plays for a draw. Every footballer and managers is a winner in his heart , that is why they made it top football . So, it is silly thing to say that players or managers come out to play for a draw . They may come out to not loose and contain opposition till good moment comes .

As far match , Our number of shots on target and much better scoring opportunity backs the fact that we did not come for a draw . That is without striker and with backup old striker who was not fit recovering from injury . Not to mention one that pretended to be striker was knocked out cold blood and was rushed to hospital . Team obviously tired being at the top of the table since day one . Showing consistency that English football league never saw .

Clearly you guys need to analyze match and league better rather than speak bitterly like you started watching football yesterday . Chelsea plays to write history and played cautiously not to LOOSE . Having 10 points difference is always better than 7 . So , we happy with a draw against top side who are perhaps most inform team in Europe . ( judging by stats in top leagues )

Which team was more effective going forward ? Chelsea . Who defended better ? Chelsea .

We are not Liverpool who let it slip last season even though they were going very strong and with a win against Chelsea they would have gone to win EPL . ( just like today we could have won ePL early )

We are not City who had to win EPL at last day against 10 man QPR at HOME GROUND falling from BEHIND with goal difference .( No disrespect ) We are not United who was leading the table and surrounded it to City in one month . Or just last season City and Liverpool who played so "beautifully " but could have lost to ugly Chelsea if only we had a descent striker . This season we have everything and now look at the table . Mourinho has his philosophy and it safely delivers trophies

And @game

Yes you have all entertained us through out the season. It was always so much fun to watch United , City and Arsenal , Liverpool :)) Just last morning I really loved how United played . I was very ENTERTAINED ! :) Played like top 4 side !!!

History does not remember those who entertained and lost . It remembers victors and champions . Chelsea is all about winning and being a champion . Tired and exhausted without strikers and you still can't beat us !!

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

How the heck is that parking the bus?? Just because we play defensively last 15 mins we parked the bus?? LOL these haters... and @tiki they dont complain because if they do, we can bring up our penalty claims aswell :) and arsenal fans as usual disgraceful booing fabregas

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

Mourinhos Philosophy

• History

Mourinhos Philosophy

TheGame 9 years ago

@Marcus, nope we have not been fun to watch this whole season. We have had glimpses where we've played some fantastic football, but haven't shown the consistency. The thing is though, and this is where the logic seems to get lost in the minds of you Chelsea supporters, teams like United STRIVE to entertain and win. For Chelsea, as evidenced by the year 2012 and at this moment in time, to have one of those characteristics is to eliminate the other. Some of us want to get our money's worth. Chelsea were knocked out early in the FA cup and the CL, so this "tired and exhausted" excuse is just that. A pathetic excuse with the blame falling on Mourinho for playing the same team over and over. Just to put it in perspective: Sanchez and Hazard have played the same number of matches this season. And yea you're right: no one remembers the 1974 Holland team, the 1986 France team or the 1982 Brazil team. SMH. This is sports where almost everything is reported and nothing is forgotten. Just because Chelsea won the title doesn't make everyone else irrelevant, even if you so badly want it to. Were not talking about the War of 1812. What a childish statement to make. I can pretty much deconstruct all your arguments (like no team plays for a draw. WTF?), most of which come straight from SB Nation and aren't even your original thought, but frankly I'd rather do ANYTHING else.

quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

*"No team* ever plays for a draw."
Ask Mourinho ;)

• History

Everyone sees you have parked the bus, everyone, except Chelsea fans.
Ask Mourinho ;)

Everyone sees you have parked the bus, everyone, except Chelsea fans.

Ask Mourinho ;)

kambingku 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Germany 24 214

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

@thegame remember when man utd played for a stalemate against city but failed (when you guys gave up a 8 point lead)?? yeah so about that "teams like United STRIVE to entertain and win'' "If your house is made out of glass don't throw stones at others" :)

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@quikzyyy: Parked the bus? I'm not sure if we've watched the same game, because contrary to the game against United, we definitely didn't park the bus against you. Apparently, some people are so brainwashed that as soon as they think of Chelsea, they associate us with parking the bus, but when other teams do it, it's called exceptional defending.. see Atletico or Juve. Like I said, yesterday we didn't park the bus, but of course Arsenal fans need to make excuses because their team couldn't break Chelsea down and the only dangerous chance came in minute 91. In fact, Chelsea had more and better chances than Arsenal and the only one who you should be angry at, is your own team.

@tiki: The Cahill incident is a clear penalty, but they don't complain, because they know that Ospina's challenge on Oscar should've been a penalty, Koscielny had a handball, too, and in the video below you can clearly see that Bellerin impetuous behaviour brought Oscar out of balance. 50/50 penalty, I'd say.

@TheGame: I didn't like our approach against ManUtd either, but did you forget how United played in the first half of the season, because that wasn't beautiful football either. Scrappy wins, week in, week out.. now that was dreadful to watch. Reality is that we still managed to beat you on your "best performance of the season" (LVGs words) without particularly having to overextend ourselves. Everyone knows how Chelsea approaches the so-called big games, so it's up to you to keep complaining about Chelsea or find a way to break them down. I prefer the latter, but people who called Chelsea fans whiners because of the campaign claims are now the ones who whine the most, which is quite ironic.

• History

@quikzyyy: Parked the bus? I'm not sure if we've watched the same game, because contrary to the game against United, we definitely didn't park the bus against you. Apparently, some people are so brainwashed that as soon as they think of Chelsea, they associate us with parking the bus, but when other teams do it, it's called exceptional defending.. see Atletico or Juve. Like I said, yesterday we didn't park the bus, but of course Arsenal fans need to make excuses because their team couldn't break Chelsea down and the only dangerous chance came in minute 91. In fact, Chelsea had more and better chances than Arsenal and the only one who you should be angry at, is your own team.

@tiki: The Cahill incident is a clear penalty, but they don't complain, because they know that Ospina's challenge on Oscar should've been a penalty, Koscielny had a handball, too, and in the video below you can clearly see that Bellerin impetuous behaviour brought Oscar out of balance. 50/50 penalty, I'd say.

@TheGame: I didn't like our approach against ManUtd either, but did you forget how United played in the first half of the season, because that wasn't beautiful football either. Scrappy wins, week in, week out.. now that was dreadful to watch. Reality is that we still managed to beat you on your "best performance of the season" (LVGs words) without particularly having to do overextend ourselves. Everyone knows how Chelsea approaches the so-called big games, so it's up to you to keep complaining about Chelsea or find a way to break them down. I prefer the latter, but people who called Chelsea fans whiners because of the campaign claims are now the ones who whine the most, which is quite ironic.

raimondo90 9 years ago

Marcus, Chelsea are not tired. Like TheGame said, they got knocked out of FA and CL and have played 48 games this season, meanwhile Arsenal have played 50 games this season.

No team comes out for a draw? Many, many, many times Mou has gone out for a draw. Sometimes he is lucky to get a goal or two and win, others he is quick to blame something or someone.

Same in this game. That you had 7 attempts to Arsenal's 11 doesn't change the fact that Mou went for a draw and if they scored great, if not no big deal.

Funny enough while getting some stats from whoscored, i ran into an article asking if Mou was boring, and not so surprisingly the author said he written an article about chelsea and chelsea fans attacked him in the comments and twitter. That is how you guys always react. Cant critizice your god without offending you so deeply you feel the need to lunch counter attacks to everyone who said anything.

To end the debate, boring is a subjective term. We all find different things fascinating and boring. I enjoy possession neat passes and delightful goals. Im not a big fan of defending most of the game and counter attacking once to win. You enjoy whatever style Mou decides to use and thats fine.

raimondo90 9 years ago

Also, you are misusing quotes about war and history in a football topic. Football loves to remember the winners to praise, and the loosers to mock. How about that Spain display at the WC 2014? or Brazil's trashing? you think that wont be remembered in another 4 years? Or Gerard's slip that you always mention.

My original comment wasn't an attack, it was an opinon that appearntly is shared in this forum. No need to write an essay to defend your team when it isn't needed.

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

@juan mate that wasn't a penalty oscar tripped himself , the only penalties for me were carzola fouling fabregas and ospina training his wrestling moves. for cahill's handball, the shot was waaaay too close and arms are in natural position so no penalty

AlexBatak 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Learn from the master of football Jose Mourinho.

Jose Mourinho joked about a future brand of football devoid of goals after his Premier League champions-elect Chelsea were labelled "boring."

Arsenal supporters chanted "boring, boring Chelsea" at the end of Sunday'sgoalless draw at the Emirates Stadium which sees Mourinho's men 10 points clear and within two victories of the title.

Mourinho responded to Arsenal's fans on Sunday by saying that "boring is 10 years without a title," and Mourinho again railed against the accusation on Monday, saying that "cannot be true."

**"In any point of analysis in any criteria you can find, we are the best team or the second-best team. As simple as that," the Portuguese said at a news conference to preview Wednesday night's match against Leicester.

He added: "I ask myself if in the future, when I am a granddad and I am at home with my grandsons, and maybe the future of football is a beautiful green grass carpet without goals.

"And in that beautiful grass pitch the team with more ball possession wins the game. Because everybody says 'oh, my team plays fantastically well, we had great ball possession. 'Good.' Oh, we build very well.' Good.

"It looks like the goals are not there. Sometimes you speak about 'boring' and you consider boring a team that scores as many goals as we do, but you don't consider boring a team that has 70 percent of the ball possession and cannot win the game. It's quite a big contradiction.

"Football started a few centuries ago and the objective was one, but now it looks like the objective is another one.

"For me, I am very simple in my analysis. Football is about putting the ball in the net of your opponent and stopping your opponent."**

The Blues boss immediately after Sunday's draw criticised Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger for not trying to win the game and for the Gunners' 11-year wait for the title.

Put to him on Monday that Arsenal fans felt Chelsea were boring, Mourinho added: "I'm not sure of that.

"I met an Arsenal fan this morning, a gentleman that lives almost next door to me, an Arsenal fan for more than 50 years and he congratulated me for my press conference, saying that I was spot-on."

Now that's some football enlightenment for you all.

• History

Learn from the master of football Jose Mourinho.

Jose Mourinho joked about a future brand of football devoid of goals after his Premier League champions-elect Chelsea were labelled "boring."

Arsenal supporters chanted "boring, boring Chelsea" at the end of Sunday'sgoalless draw at the Emirates Stadium which sees Mourinho's men 10 points clear and within two victories of the title.

Mourinho responded to Arsenal's fans on Sunday by saying that "boring is 10 years without a title," and Mourinho again railed against the accusation on Monday, saying that "cannot be true."

"In any point of analysis in any criteria you can find, we are the best team or the second-best team. As simple as that," the Portuguese said at a news conference to preview Wednesday night's match against Leicester.

He added: "I ask myself if in the future, when I am a granddad and I am at home with my grandsons, and maybe the future of football is a beautiful green grass carpet without goals.

"And in that beautiful grass pitch the team with more ball possession wins the game. Because everybody says 'oh, my team plays fantastically well, we had great ball possession. 'Good.' Oh, we build very well.' Good.

"It looks like the goals are not there. Sometimes you speak about 'boring' and you consider boring a team that scores as many goals as we do, but you don't consider boring a team that has 70 percent of the ball possession and cannot win the game. It's quite a big contradiction.

"Football started a few centuries ago and the objective was one, but now it looks like the objective is another one.

"For me, I am very simple in my analysis. Football is about putting the ball in the net of your opponent and stopping your opponent."

The Blues boss immediately after Sunday's draw criticised Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger for not trying to win the game and for the Gunners' 11-year wait for the title.

Put to him on Monday that Arsenal fans felt Chelsea were boring, Mourinho added: "I'm not sure of that.

"I met an Arsenal fan this morning, a gentleman that lives almost next door to me, an Arsenal fan for more than 50 years and he congratulated me for my press conference, saying that I was spot-on."

Now that's some football enlightenment for you all.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Juan How is that a penalty? He barely touched him. If you want penalty for every tackle like that, Premier League would have got minimum of 2 penalties per match.. It's not an excuse for Arsenal, as I said before. You came for draw, Arsenal was okay with it. That's mostly summarises the match.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Juan Oscar was offside, Chelsea got an unjustified corner there, that was a call in Chelsea's favor not the opposite.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Attacking football is favorite to everyvone. At end of season it's normal for team to park bus when they need 2 victories. I would like Chelsea to play offensive whole season, and they have good attack and even better midfield. No reason to play bus.

About our game, with Chelsea's offensive play this match would be much more entertaining. And goals would be scored surely.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@CroatiaFan123 I think you would make a better manager than Mourinho...

Fast Forward to April 2015....and Arsenal are still 10 points behind. This is from 2005.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

@thegame

• "United STRIVE to entertain and win"*

Please mate i am chocking on Irony . Btw United was considered biggest club in the world ( still one of the biggest ) but still played ultra defensive ( don't hesitate to rewatch ) against Madrid in 2013 , and Bayern in 2014 ? Strived to entertain or to win or draw at all costs ? I think the later . Not to mention matches with City and other times when things don't go smoothly .

Btw United was not always all entertainment under Fergie especially before Fergie and certainly still not Under Van Gaal .
Same goes to Arsenal , who were called boring before Wenger came around and boring now too when it matters the most their pretty football dies , so lets not dig into legacy of standing for entertainment . It is not sunshine and rainbows .
__________ ___-______
The rest is just ignorance . We had two wins and draw to complete title against Arsenal , we are not Liverpool to throw it away . and yes Mourinho may set up his teams defensively when we must win but his winning record speaks for itself . His teams certainly never go out for a draw . Against Arsenal we should have finished game with 3 points if you judge it by the number of clear cut chances.

And Idk what you call entertaining but I find it boring that a team who has 70 % possession does not know what to do with it or can't do anything with it because opposition does not allow it . We let teams show their weakness . IF we want to have a ball we can do that too , but again for what when we are so close to win title ? It will be stupid to give any CHAnces to opposition that spent 200 million in Summer .

Chelsea is doing just fine in entertainment department attracting more fans every year and scoring one of the best goals in EPL . No need to grief , switch the channel to entertainment United .

This season United was far from entertaining so why United fans and Arsenal have nerve to say we are boring ? You don't come close overall to level Chelsea produced this season . Not an opinion , well known FACT of this season .
Only team that does is Manchester City who may remind was beaten with two offside goals , Entertainment i assume .

SB nation ?

Wtf is SB nation ? I am speaking my original thoughts mate . You on the other hand sound like majority of haters and media .

@rainmondo

You need to learn English football culture or at least chelsea culture . Mourinho is Chelsea , Chelsea is mourinho . Same went with other managers like Ancelotti was Chelsea and Chelsea was Ancelotti . True fans they don't take insults lightly directed at the members of our club . We take criticism but those are insults ! Know the difference .

and again Joses record speak for itself , Check his winning percentage in every club . Certainly he sends his team not to LOOSE , but always to win . We could have left with 3 points if we had fit striker .

And yes it is tiring to be on top of the table since day one . Ask Real Madrid . It is hard . It is a pressure and it is extra hard work because everyone wants to knock you off the table because you are the number one. Do i honestly need to chew out the basic things about football and league ? I can't believe this ...

Idk if you guys just messing around with us or being serious , but either way it is annoying how simple argument turned to complicated.

@alexbatak

+1 spot on mate .

@quikzy

hahaha Arsenal were ok with it . You were ok with it since 2005 ... smh come on mate , dont make silly statements .

• History

@thegame

Please mate i am chocking on Irony . Btw United was considered biggest club in the world ( still one of the biggest ) but still played ultra defensive ( don't hesitate to rewatch ) against Madrid in 2013 , and Bayern in 2014 ? Strived to entertain or to win at all costs ? I think the later . Not to mention matches with City .

Btw United was not always all entertainment under Fergie especially before Fergie and certainly still not Under Van Gaal .

Same goes to Arsenal , who were called boring before Wenger came around and boring now too when it matters the most their pretty football dies , so lets not dig into legacy of standing for entertainment . It is not sunshine and rainbows .

__________ ___-______
The rest is just ignorance . We had two wins and draw to complete title against Arsenal , we are not Liverpool to throw it away . and yes Mourinho may set up his teams defensively when we must win but his winning record speaks for itself . His teams certainly never go out for a draw . Against Arsenal we should have finished game with 3 points if you judge it by the number of clear cut chances.

And Idk what you call entertaining but I find it boring that a team who has 70 % possession does not know what to do with it or can't do anything with it because opposition does not allow it . We let teams show their weakness . IF we want to have a ball we can do that too , but again for what when we are so close to win title ? It will be stupid to give any CHAnces to opposition that spent 200 million in Summer .

Chelsea is doing just fine in entertainment department attracting more fans every year and scoring one of the best goals in EPL . No need to grief , switch the channel to entertainment United .

This season United was far from entertaining so why United fans and Arsenal have nerve to say we are boring ? You don't come close overall to level Chelsea produced this season . Not an opinion , well known FACT of this season .

Only team that does is Manchester City who may remind was beaten with two offside goals , Entertainment i assume .

SB nation ?

Wtf is SB nation ? I am speaking my original thoughts mate . You on the other hand sound like majority of haters and media .

@rainmondo

You need to learn English football culture or at least chelsea culture . Mourinho is Chelsea , Chelsea is mourinho . Same went with other managers like Ancelotti was Chelsea and Chelsea was Ancelotti . True fans they don't take insults lightly directed at the members of our club . We take criticism but those are insults ! Know the difference .

and again Joses record speaks for itself , Check his winning percentage in every club . Certainly he sends his team not to LOOSE , but always to win . We could have left with 3 points if we had fit striker .

And yes it is tiring to be on top of the table since day one . Ask Real Madrid . It is hard . It is a pressure and it is extra hard work because everyone wants to knock you off the table because you are the number one. Do i honestly need to chew out the basic things about football ?

Idk if you guys just messing around with us or being serious , but either way it is annoying how simple argument turned to complicated.

@alexbatak

+1 spot on mate .

@quikzy

hahaha Arsenal were ok with it . You were ok with it since 2005 ... smh come on mate , dont make silly statements .

@thegame

Please mate i am chocking on Irony . Btw United was considered biggest club in the world ( still one of the biggest ) but still played ultra defensive ( don't hesitate to rewatch ) against Madrid in 2013 , and Bayern in 2014 ? Strived to entertain or to win at all costs ? I think the later . Not to mention matches with City .

__________ ___-______

SB nation ?

@rainmondo

and again Joses record speaks for itself , Check his winning percentage in every club . Certainly he sends his team not to LOOSE , but always to win . We could have left with 3 points if we had fit striker .

And yes it is tiring to be on top of the table since day one . Ask Real Madrid . It is hard . It is a pressure and it is extra hard work because everyone wants to knock you off the table because you are the number one. Do i honestly need to chew out the basic things about football ?

@alexbatak

+1 spot on mate .

@quikzy

@thegame

__________ ___-______

SB nation ?

@rainmondo

@alexbatak

+1 spot on mate .

@quikzy

@thegame

__________ ___-______

SB nation ?

@rainmondo

and again Joses record speak for itself , Check his winning percentage in every club . Certainly he sends his team not to LOOSE , but always to win . We could have left with 3 points if we had fit striker .

And yes it is tiring to be on top of the table since day one . Ask Real Madrid . It is hard . It is a pressure and it is extra hard work because everyone wants to knock you off the table because you are the number one. Do i honestly need to chew out the basic things about football and league ? I can't believe this ...

@alexbatak

+1 spot on mate .

@quikzy

TheGame 9 years ago

@Marcus, once again you're writing a whole lot of nothing. Comparing United v. Bayern last year to this year's Chelsea v. United or Arsenal shows that you can't understand the context in which we are talking about. Last year we were the complete underdogs playing with Moyes as manager against the top team in Europe at the time. Are you saying that Chelsea are the underdogs v. United or Arsenal, playing this defensive anti-football style? And vs. Madrid? Really? The first leg in which we played our typical attacking style and De Gea saved us. And the second game where Nani got a red card and therefore we were forced to play defensive and concede possession. There is no comparison there. The fact is that without Hazard your team would be unwatchable. You constantly changing the topic to United (there was only one offside goal BTW; we have already been through this) just shows that your backed into a corner in which you can only defend your team by pointing out these mythical, unrelated flaws in others. Jose Mourinho said it himself, his philosophy is to stop others from playing theirs. Therefore, he is the anti-football specialist. His style is not worthy of emulation because it would destroy the notion of beautiful football. To Chelsea fans like yourself that might not be a big deal since your team is taking the title, but for everyone else who love the beauty of this game, his style is worthy of criticism. This truth is sacred, and nothing you or fans like yourself say can change this. Because if every team in the league played like he did, no one would watch.

@JuanMata10, "without overextending ourselves". You conceded 70% of possession at home to a team with a litany of injuries. Chelsea have never been dominated in the league that badly at home before when it comes to possession, so yes you actually did overextend yourselves because of the different style of play your team was forced to deploy. Chelsea deserve every bit of criticism they get, because your team and your manager constantly play this victim card and against top team play this lower league style of play, when they are actually sitting comfortably on top of the table. It is dishonest and cowardly. But your fans are OK with it I suppose. That doesn't mean we are.