ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

La Liga - Russian side 'offered £205m for Messi'An
unnamed Russian club triggered Lionel Messi's automatic release clause
with a staggering €250m (£205m) bid for the Barcelona star, a report
claims.

Spanish sports daily El Mundo Deportivo reports that
the club agreed to pay more than double the world record transfer fee,
and offered the Argentine a €30m (£24.6m) annual pay packet after tax.

Once that sum was offered Barcelona were contractually obliged to
accept it - but from that point it was up to the player whether he was
interested in leaving the club.

The bid came during Messi's recent contract negotiations with Barcelona.

However, the 25-year-old rejected the move and signed a two-year extension with Barça that ties him to the Camp Nou until 2018.

Although the club was not named it is likely to have been Anzhi Makachkala, who are owned by billionaire Suleyman Kerimov.

In 2011 Anzhi signed former Barça striker Samuel Eto'o, making him the highest-paid player in world football.

El Mundo Deportivo said Messi rejected the Russian move because of his desire to continue winning titles at Barcelona.

He scored a record 91 goals in 2012 and is expected to win his fourth consecutive Ballon d'Or.

Neither is Messi short of cash - in March it was revealed he earns
£27m per year, topping up his £13m salary with sponsorships and
endorsements.

Every player in Spanish football must have a minimum fee release
clause in their contract. Cristiano Ronaldo's is the highest, standing
at €1bn (£800m)

Comments
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Source: Yahoo!

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I know this is probably complete bull because it says it was rejected, but I just wanted to share it with you guys.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

He loves the club too much to leave. But a question to you Barca fans. IF he does leave, will you consider him a traitor like Arsenal with RVP?

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Messi isn't Nasri to move for a cash.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Considering his evaluation by Barcelona was at 150 million, I somehow believe that this is, in fact, a crock of bullshit. ;)

Lodatz 11 years ago

Er, please pretend I didn't post that. >.< I totally failed to read the original post properly, and thought it said 30 million as the transfer fee. My bad!

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Trollman; No not really, but yes in a way. We will consider him a traitor for leaving us for money, but not that much because he didn't leave to a rival club like RVP did. There will be a lot of upset people though because all his life he devoted himself to barca and said that he would never leave the club.

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

thats impossible he loves barca and life is great there for him

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

He stated himself he would never leave Barca and retire at the club just as Puyol and Xavi are doing

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Thread title is misleading. 

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Attracts more viewers see ? :))

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Already rejected the offer!
 @Quikzyyy Nasri didn't leave Arsenal for money..

JesperKyd 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

Can't see him leaving barca been there since the age of 12 and has been with the club since why move into a different club when your settled into the best team in the world.

regli11 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 37 227

rvp didnt leave for money he left coz he wanted to win trophies something he wouldnt get at arsenal

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Because obviously, you believe you might win it this season? I understand you guys are top contenders, but it is still a long way till May and having to beat Newcastle in the last minute 4-3 isn't cool or epic. It just shows your team aren't doing so good and your defense may just ruin your chances of winning this title.

ironfist2010 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Egypt 69 907

still 25 yrs old and he loves barca ! enough said !!

Lodatz 11 years ago

Moving to Man Utd is a fairly sure bet for trophy contention. :P Even with a leaky defense, they have a 7-point lead at the top, and are only 3 points behind Barcelona's tally in La Liga, with much stiffer competition to account for that 2 game difference.

I'd take those odds too, if I were RVP.

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Messi is only happy at Barcelona. And if had to move, I doubt that his performance will be the same in an another club.

GumptyBean 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 1 22

Nasri and Van persie are moneysuckers, what type of inconsiderate asshole do you need to be to do that to your team?

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@JesperKyd he was at barca when he was 16 not 12..