Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World's Most Overpaid Players
Comments
AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Fernando Torres is the most Overpaid player for his bad performance. But there are many overpaid players even if they are good such as Cristiano Ronaldo. I don't think that footballers should be that expensive to play football because there are many many players the media doesn't show who are willing to burn themselves playing and prove themselves for way less wage. $131.6 million for Ronaldo was really too much. I know he is a great player but it's still insane! :) so as for Torres and other players.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Alex

Well don't you think Ronaldo has lived up to his price tag? If I knew that this will be the man who scores 183 goals for our club in 179 games, I would pay three times that much! Remember, a player is only expensive if he doesn't live up to his price tag and wages. Hence, Kaka and Torres. Unlike these two, Ronaldo actually earns his money. He works his ass off everyday to help his team win. I don't even see Torres make an attempt to run at a loose ball.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

183 goals in 180 games. 'Scuse my mistake.

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

True, Christian Ronaldo is a very talented player and wages isn't really a problem when the player is doing his best to prove himself. I'm talking about their price, Manchester United got him for 15 million and sold him for $131.6 million which is really too much I think the best best players shouldn't be sold for more than 30 million as a maximum price such as top players like Ronaldo & Messi. So Torres shouldn't worth more than 5 million in this case. I don't know but this is what I'm thinking. there must be a limit in everything. 

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

For example Neymar the media is showing only how good he is and that he is not interesting in moving to another club soon but also he would like to move to England or Europe in general. But his club wouldn't sell him for less than 50 millions which means if there are 2-3 clubs fighting to have him he would end up costing 80 millions with a very high wage. this is not a good thing. we are talking about "Millions" Football is an entertaining sport and all but when players being sold for such price you would think of how many people in africa would have been survived with such about of money for just one player price. 

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

such *amount* 

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

I understand your point Alex... you are talking about the money football is bringing in the game ... like say for you if Ronaldo is 30 million ... Modric 15 million ... Torres 20 million (when bought from liverpool) .... the money game should reduce .. right ?

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@naman93 yes mate, but Torres shouldn't cost more than 5 millions imo

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

yeah ... currently he shouldn't :P

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Drogba is way better than him and he is older.. He scored a goal for Galatasaray within just 5 mins coming off the bench. :)

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Whoever pays 80m for Neymar is going to become a laughing stock. ;)

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Yes, but who created this sudden price inflation? Was it not the sugar daddies?

Let's look first at Fiorentino Perez and his (idiotic) spending on Los Galacticos.

Luis Figo - 62 Mil Euros (2000)
Zinedine Zidane - 63 Mil Euros (2001)
Ronaldo - 45 Mil Euros (2002)

And then of course, Roman Abramovich

Andriy Shevchenko - 44 Mil Euros (2006)
Fernando Torres - 58 Mil Euros (2011)
Eden Hazard - 40 Mil Euros (2012)

And then of course, came Perez's second coming as Real Madrid president, and another whopping of cash.

Ricardo Kaka - 65 Mil Euros (2009)
Cristiano Ronaldo - 96 Mil Euros (2009)

And some others...

Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 66 Mil Euros (2009) Inter to Barcelona
Gianluigi Buffon - 57 Mil Euros (2001) Parma to Juventus
Hernan Crespo - 48 Mil Euros (2000) Parma to Lazio

So you see, the prices are ridiculously inflated BECAUSE of these annoying sugar daddies. And yes, Real Madrid top the charts here with spending. I'm surprised it's not Chelsea or Man City.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Well, let's be fair, Dynast. The sugar daddies... and the clubs who inflated their prices when selling to them. ;)

Don't forget that 62m for Figo helped Barcelona bring Ronaldinho to the club...

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

And Samuel Eto'o. And a whole host of other over-priced players (Ibra and Sanchez combined cost Barca more than 100 Million Euros).

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Dynastian98 it's not the suger daddies it's more the greedy managers and owners who knows that these clubs really want the player at any price, so why not take advantage on them? this is how they think. 

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I believe that all current big clubs or in history have spent a lot of cash including Barcelona to make a name for themselves. The transfer market have been going insane for ages. :)

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Real Madrid was the only club to have all the stars at one club on Zidane's era and they paid a lot of cash for it. Many people started supporting Real Madrid for that It was like a dream team.

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@dynastian : soon I will post a thread on Perez .... you will be shocked ... I mean SHOCKED to read what blunders he had made in Real Madrid ..... and you will hate him the most after that 

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

I'm surprised no one said Andy Carroll...

man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

David Beckham IMO.