Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World's Most Overpaid Players
Comments
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@man_utd: Hey, you can't blame the guy for taking the US cash cow. Pele and George Best both did the same.

Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Players shouldn't earn that much money, training and playing is not that of a job for them to earn what they do. Players in other epochs didn't earn that much, but they played their asses off in every match. Did Pele or Maradona or Di Stefano earned that much? No they didn't bit they played almost every game as if it were their last. Money shouldn't be such a crucial part of this beautifull game...

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I heard that Messi is being paid 600 k a WEEK

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

how much does sqillaci get paid?

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Its not just football players that make millions. Almost every sport has big pay offs. Baseball players that are the most unatheltic thing ive ever seen make millions just to nail a ball with a bat. Golfers make millions. The whole sport industry is messed up.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Completely agree with Raimondo, I watch and keep check of most of the american sports, except Baseball because that is awful, and the players are paid absolutely ridiculous sums of money.  I would go as far as saying every single player in the world in every sport is overpaid, no one deserves that much money for playing a sport, I don't care how good you are, why should normal people get paid so little in a 9-5 job, and they get paid so much.

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

ever wondered what if money never existed?Its just to hard for me to imagine it

these guys well most of these guys dont even have education and they get paid a hell lot of money but I think the high wages are there to make the player happy and not stressed,because stress can really affect you,well I think so and money can really help you lose all the stress with your girlfriend,family,anything that makes you stressed.On the other hand the world is already corrupt,theres nothing we can do about it,for now....

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@AlexBatak

Yes many people did support Madrid back then, but Madrid were already an outstanding club. They already had the likes of Roberto Carlos, Raul Gonzalez, Iker Casillas, Claudo Makelele, and many others. These buys were just part of Perez's "plan" to win over Real Madrid's presidency.

Speaking of Perez's "plans", the election of Real's presidency is coming up at the end of this season. And to win over all the votes, you have to promise the club's board something that will help them succeed. Last time Perez promised to buy Luis Figo. Guess what he promised this time.

You got it. He promised to bring Gareth Bale to the club. *facepalm*

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Dynastian98

I totally agree mate. Sometimes i think football is politics for such people more than an entertainment haha I wouldn't be surprised if Gareth Bale join them but it's a good thing for him It's always nice to join a club like Real Madrid who has Star players. But Tottenham is a very good club and they are getting better and better each year and soon they will win the EPL if they keep their current form up. But Its not as easy as it sounds, because every club in the EPL is trying to keep their form up which make it hard to predict who would win the match.

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

To the spectators, football is a passion, entertainment, a hobby. To the people who own it, it is strict business and money making that's it.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@tdot

Like they say, money makes the world go 'round.

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

Gareth Bale should not come to Madrid for atleast 2-3 years.

If he comes now, he will be benched for simple reason that Ronaldo has to start. (Both are LW). I doubt he will return to LB coz he was a LB years ago and we have Marcelo/Coentrao.

After 2-3 years Ronaldo will be 31-32. He will either leave (most probably) or will need a supporting LW which in that case is none other than Gareth Bale.

Same was the case with Nuri Sahin who was supposed to replace Xabi Alonso (Age:31) in future and was told the same when bought about his role. Unfortunately he was bought an year or two before.

Same mistake should not be repeated with Bale.

Also Madrid and Tottenham have a binding contact for 6 years for players exchange, sponsorships, etc. ... SO WHY HURRY ?? We can buy Bale after 2 years also.

On the other hand we can develop Jose Rodriguez (Age:18) who has already gained comparisons to Ronaldo due to playing style but this is Perez ... he will buy only .... Castilla matters nothing to him.

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Johan Djourou £50,000
Sebastien Squillaci £50,000
Andrey Arshavin £75,000
wasting money level ARSENAL

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@quikzyyy

Arshavin was promising in his debut half-season. He fit in so well, but then he completely collapsed. :(