Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World Cup 2018 Talks
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

So, I thought I would make a thread were we will discuss ongoing event and results between team in the World Cup.

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first goal wasn't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi Arabia are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Round of 16:
enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, I thought I would make a thread were we will discuss ongoing event and resutls between team in the World Cup. Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first goal weren't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game. Also, it seem to me like Saudi are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

So, I thought I would make a thread were we will discuss ongoing event and results between team in the World Cup.

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first 2 goal weren't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first 2 goal weren't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi Arabia are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first goal wasn't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi Arabia are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Qualified for Knockout Round:

• Russia
  • Uruguay
  • France
  • Croatia

Eliminated before Knockout Round:

• Egypt
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Morocco
  • Peru
Comments
Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

The two sides of the bracket are so uneven. One side will yield a massive favorite, and another side will yield a massive underdog.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Damn, what a game. Good thing I didn't bet. Can England actually make it to the semis? It looks very possible now

• History

Damn, what a game. Good thing I didn't bet

538 11426

@tiki Wait, your telling me you want to sell him. :( Well, then again, it would make sense, he is a bit too good to be a backup to Pique or Umtiti

@iHEART If Croatia hadn't beaten Argentina in the semi, I'm pretty sure people would consider England favorite to reach the final right now. In B4 Sweden eliminate them. :P

• History

@tiki Wait, your telling me you want to sell him. :( Well, then again, it would make sense, he is a bit too good to be a backup to Pique or Umtiti

@iHEART If Croatia hadn't beaten Argentina in the semi, I'm pretty sure people would consider England to reach the final right now. In B4 Sweden eliminate them. :P

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@IHeartFootball

With this bracket, England can get to the final, much less the semis. And once you reach the final, anything is possible.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

If Uruguay and Brazil lose we got a mini Euro left :D

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Why would Belgium advance instead of Brazil ? And I’m not rulling out Uruguay until the final whistle. Hoped to see Cavani play, sad we can’t compete full strength, we all saw James impact on Colombia, a striker is different than a 10 but Edinson was by far their most consistent player.

Emrecan_58 6 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

The teams on the right side of the draws are quite lucky for now. I believe Croatia will make the Final.

At the moment, France is up by 1-0 against Uruguay. Let's see what'll happen. I think Uruguay will score and eliminate them.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Emre Wasn't meant to be sadly.

Still, one part I hate the most about being neutral is seeing the face of the defeated and being sad for them. Gimenez in particular toward the end of the game broke my heart. Poor guy. :(

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I love being neutral. I laugh and make fun of the loosing team soon as i get a chance

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Brazil out as well, we got a mini Euroooooo

538 11426

@Golazo Yep. XD Didn't expected your commentary to actually predict the future. Hazard deserve a lot credit, he was superb, broke down Brazil momentum by getting fault time and time again. Oh, and Courtois was also great, key player for the results.

Anyway, still can't believe Brazil went out like that, its worse than last world cup technically speaking. Belgium were a bit fortunate as well with the own goal, all in all, you have to wonder if Casemiro would have made such a mistake if he would have been there. If I was Fernandinho, I would lay low for a while, Brazilian are propably going to be crossed with him. France vs Belgium will be very interesting. Hope to see either England or Croatia in the other final.

• History

@Golazo Yep. XD Didn't expected your commentary to actually predict the future. Hazard deserve a lot credit, he was superb, broke down Brazil momentum by getting fault time and time again. Oh, and Courtois was also great, key player for the results.

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Might be wrong, but I believe tomorrow Russia will go a bit more on the offensive. Park the bus is a pure anti tiki-taka tactic and Croatia aren't doing it, so they might open up and take more risks. If they don't, gonna be upset about them.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I think Croatia would not be able to break down Russia down so easily, won't be surprised. Sweden too, best tactical team in the tournament.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Damn, that Croatia vs Russia, such an epic game, sad for the Russian, they had fought really hard to stay in that game and Akinfeev was so close to stopping that penality from Modric. :( Still, at the end of the day, I guess I am mostly glad Croatian made it through, I believe they will make the rest of the competition more interesting. Cheryshev goal was sick though, will miss him in this world cup.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Croatia have had two very exhausting matches back-to-back. England have had a pleasantly easy time dispatching Sweden, so we could see England in the final if Croatia is exhausted.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Belgium - England is my prediction for the final.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

if Croatia is exhausted.

We most definitely are. It's incredibly hard to play two back-to-back matches with extra time, we really should have won earlier against Russia. Players like Modrić who made like 3-4 extreme runs in extra time or Mandžukić/Rebić, they were in constant duel with both Danish and Russian players.

Positive thing is that Brozović and Kovačić are well-rested, Rakitić doesn't have to run so much and Modrić will have to have game of his life.

Biggest disappoint of the tournament is Perišić, genuinely expected big things from him after that Euro where he was our best player. Don't know what happened in these 2 years :/

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian Yeah, I'm kind of worried for Croatia, really hoping they find the energy to have a good game against England. Wish you good luck for the next game mate.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

And in France get, wasn't an easy game for each but I still felt it was deserved for the french. Actually, both team would have propably deserved to go through. Find it a bit sad people that are calling out France for all the time wasting they did in the end though... I mean, any other team in their situation (Belgium included) would have propably done the same.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Whole country got drunk lol, insane celebration 🍾