Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World Cup 2018 Talks
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

So, I thought I would make a thread were we will discuss ongoing event and results between team in the World Cup.

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first goal wasn't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi Arabia are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Round of 16:
enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, I thought I would make a thread were we will discuss ongoing event and resutls between team in the World Cup. Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first goal weren't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game. Also, it seem to me like Saudi are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

So, I thought I would make a thread were we will discuss ongoing event and results between team in the World Cup.

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first 2 goal weren't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first 2 goal weren't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi Arabia are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Let's start with what happened last, Russia won 5-0 against Saudi Arabia in the opener. I personally thought Russia didn't seemed so good at first, their first goal wasn't very impressive but at the end of the day, I feel they did a really good job. Golovin was motm in that first game imo. Also, it seem to me like Saudi Arabia are nearly officialy out of the World Cup. What about you guys, what do you think of the resutls and what it mean?

Qualified for Knockout Round:

• Russia
  • Uruguay
  • France
  • Croatia

Eliminated before Knockout Round:

• Egypt
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Morocco
  • Peru
Comments
raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Sampaoli put up a crap team with Messi as a false 9. Messi left that position and dropped deep around 30mins in. Sampaoli was disastrous with his formation and tactics. Even despite all that the team played with heart and put up a good fight. France is through solely due to Mbappe being a beast. Good luck because Uruguay or Portugal will not let France get away with similar things.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Nope but neaither of them look scary... I’m confident for reaching Semifinals.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Argentina played way better than I thought they would, not sure how much of that is down to Sampaoli, but whatever. Mbappe was phenomenal, France's midfield was really strong, and lastly, Otamendi is a pos who can go to hell.

Also, 7 goals scored and not one even average save on the part of the netminders. Really disappointing from that category.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Lo Celso was a must play player, without creativity in midlefield. Things looked complicated, have both Higuain and Dybala and bench them. Told you France lacks experience but Argentina were never going through here...
Hope we face Portugal instead of Uruguay, it’s the kind of nations I never want to face.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

@sun Lloris made 0 mistake, whole goals were unstoppable. Mbappe third goal was, handball save with the feet, Neuer-de Gea-Stegen style. Trying to get it with hands for a tall GK is a hard task.
I think Spain and Brazil can beat us, Croatia on a good day. I’m comfident for the rest.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

France with confident display, Mbappe was good (damn he's using his acceleration so well), Pogba also did decent job with passes I think, and whole defence was good. Argentina was nervous through whole match, awful going forward, painfully bad on counter attacks. Sad to see it, they were really disorganized, still such a result isn't so bad knowing what could have been and what was happening before.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

France has hands down strongest squad in the tournament but I still don’t know who is their leader even though I see captain armband. If their manager doesn’t mess it up and players keep on displaying fast paced football they will reach final. They are deadly on counter attacks

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

And boom! Argentina and Portugal, Messi and Ronaldo, they are both out. Man, those were some intense game. I love the world cup. :D

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Mbappe last season with Monaco won the title and scored vs Buffon as an 17-18 year old, now he scored twice and won the penalty in the knockout stage of the World Cup as a 19 year old, unreal talent we are watching the next Pele in the making he is doing things that Ronaldo/Messi didn't do at that age!

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

France has hands down strongest squad in the tournament but I still don’t know who is their leader even though I see captain armband.

Yep. France's line up almost looks like a dream team, but I don't see any proper leaders. Perhaps this may affect them later on in the tournament, because conceding 3 goals isn't something to be proud of either.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Anyway, I think its fair to say Uruguay won as a team, rarely seen a national team defense being so well organised. Portugal wasn't bad, they just didn't find a way true that collective wall.

As for France vs Argentina, it was all about M'bappe, won a key penality at the start and scored 2 goal out of nowhere. To be fair, France was also the better team but the only player who was really clinical was our lad Kylian.

Also, today was seriously all about Paris player. I'm serious, Cavani and M'bappe were clearly man of the match and were unreal in their respective game. And Di Maria goal was superb as well.

Anyway, we lost Germany, Messi and Ronaldo already... Didn't expect that. To rephrase it, the last top 3 team of last world cup are out and so is the European and champion. Thing change so fast in world football. :(

@iHEART Yeah, they got awesome individual in all position but their coercion is definetly lacking, would need someone to organise and lead them. Griezmann did show sign of controlling the tempo of the game when they were leading so maybe him? I'm hoping he develop into a leader at least.

@Golazo Too soon to say if he will be the next Pele or better than CR7 and Messi once he matured but one thing for sure, that lad is special and already have more record than some 30 year old player. No doubt he will be something special in the future, would be very suprised if he didn't ended up winning the ballon d'or one day. Heck, I would be suprised if he didn't won many of them. There is a lot to be excited about with Kylian M'bappe. :D

raimondo90 6 years ago

@Emo, no way Greiz is a leader. Pogba or Varane look more composed than him. It's a shame Pogbas mentality is a little weak still. Just imagine what Zidane could do as a coach with a team like that.
I've lost all respect for Greiz after his whole drama debicale between Atlético and Barca with his press conference just to announce he would show his decision on a freaking movie. His movie was pathetic even titled The Decision. All that just to say he was staying.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@raimondo Well, I get what your coming from. It was an useless move especially considering he was staying after all. Still think its between him and Varane. Pogba is too much of a clown (not meant as an insult) to be the leader for me. He still have winner mentality so there is alway that, but I don't have much hope for him to become their leader.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

I am happy for argentina still tho despite, the crap line up, they still try their best. at least not as bad as croatia game. 4-3 is an exciting scoreline. mbappe motm

uruguay reminds me of atletico madrid, so facking hard to crack. even the top scorer of the team is silenced. when the big teams are down, uruguay will always be my 2nd pick.

in the end, it's about everything including coach and tactics. no player is greater than the team.

• History

I am happy for argentina still tho despite, the crap line up, they still try their best. at least not as bad as croatia game. 4-3 is an exciting scoreline.

uruguay reminds me of atletico madrid, so facking hard to crack. even the top scorer of the team is silenced. when the big teams
are down, uruguay will always be my 2nd pick.

in the end, it's about everything including coach and tactics. no player is greater than the team.

I am happy for argentina still tho despite, the crap line up, they still try their best. at least not as bad as croatia game. 4-3 is an exciting scoreline. mbappe motm

uruguay reminds me of atletico madrid, so facking hard to crack. even the top scorer of the team is silenced. when the big teams
are down, uruguay will always be my 2nd pick.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I dont want to sound like a broken record but since I have experienced a lot times that older generations disregard the new players this is actually a very exciting time for football fans;

Mbappe is the second player, ever, to score multiple goals at the last stage of the World Cup before the age of 20.
The other one is Pele himself, it took all these years for football in the biggest show on earth to replicate something that, IMO and in globally many others opinion, the best player of all time has done.

We will see in 10 years just how much amazing would his career be but right now in this present and past season Mbappe has shown that he is one of the biggest talents the world has seen, since Pele.

So all of this that we are watching is also very special and you should all be happy as football fans in general even if our teams lose sooner or later.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

I dont want to sound like a broken record

You do sound a bit a like a broken record but hey, I get why you're so excited, everyone agree there is a huge chance M'bappe may be the one with the potential to become the new number one of the coming generation. However, don't get too hyped up, I wouldn't want you dissapointed if M'bappe didn't lived to the hype because of injury or of bad life-choice. Though, I really don't think this will be a problem for the lad. :)

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Really disapointed by Croatia, they haven't stepped up their game. And for most of the second half, they looked the weakest team. Credits to Subasic who absolutely saved them.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

Still can't believe Russia won against Spain, what a sorry game from the later though. Glad for Russia and Akinfeev, been too long since they managed to find this kind of sucess. The game against Croatia will be very interesting and whoever win has a shot at reaching the final.

• History

Still can't believe Russia won against Spain, what a sorry game from the later though. Glad for Russia and Akinfeev, been too long since they managed to kind of sucess. The game against Croatia will be very interesting and whoever win has a shot at reaching the final.

raimondo90 6 years ago

Keepers were great today. Some good saves on the penalties. Akinfeev saving the last one with his foot was great. Good on Russia for beating Spain. They had useless possession. Something like 1100 passes with 90% accuracy but couldn't even score, the goal was an own goal.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I'm just grinning because Ramos is out. Karma's a bitch, ain't it.