Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Why Diego Simeone is a good fit for Chelsea
awais007 8 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

Why Diego Simeone is a good fit for Chelsea
Argentine is a street fighter and already knows how to handle Diego Costa, plus three other reasons why he should take over hotseat
He broke Spain duopoly
In his first season in 2011-12, Atlético Madrid won the Europa League. The following summer they beat Real Madrid to win the Copa del Rey. The 2013-14 season ended with Atlético as champions of La Liga and losing finalists in the Champions League. He has a win percentage of 63.27.
He runs a tight budget
To lose players such as Fernando Torres, Sergio Agüero, David de Gea, Radamel Falcao, Diego Costa, Arda Turan, Thibaut Courtois and Filipe Luis would sink most managers, yet Simeone has kept Atlético competitive. Barcelona and Real Madrid receive £100 million each a year in TV revenue compared to Atlético’s £30 million.
• Chelsea target Diego Simeone would demand control of transfer policy
He can handle Diego Costa
The Brazil-born Spain striker has been a brooding, troublesome presence at Stamford Bridge with some fans feeling he played a part in Jose Mourinho's downfall. But under Simeone at Atlético, Diego Costa was one of the most feared strikers in Europe. His 27 goals in the 2013-14 season propelled them to their first league title for 18 years.
He has a mean defence
The season they won La Liga in 2013/14, Atlético conceded 26 goals, seven fewer than reigning champions Barcelona and 12 fewer than Real. Simeone makes sure that his sides always have a strong defensive unit.
He is a street fighter
As an Argentina player, he got England’s David Beckham sent off at the 1998 World Cup with his theatrics. As a manager, he was banned for eight games for clipping the fourth official on the head in a derby with Real, and in the Champions League final he went on the pitch to confront referee Bjorn Kuipers over added time.
here is link of full article

P.S: its an old article but fits what chelsea currently want

Comments
liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Was it simeone who was banned for 8 games or german burgos their assistant manager?

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I think if Simeone were to leave Athletico by personal decision he would have done it by now. I'd be very surprised if he goes anywhere else, let alone Chelsea.

onze11 8 years ago
Barcelona, Haiti 29 123

Argentine is a street fighter and already knows how to handle Diego Costa, plus three other reasons why he should take over hotseat

Lol.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Why Simeone isn't a good fit at Chelsea

...because he's a manager that relies on communication. He needs to communicate with his players and motivate them. That is Simeone's greatest strength - his communication skills are outstanding. How can you expect him to throw in the same results with Chelsea when he can't speak English? There's no reason for him to go to Chelsea if he isn't at least 70% fluent in English otherwise he wouldn't be a good fit. It's much more probable that he goes to Serie A after La Liga because he already knows how to speak Italian.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Because he already got half Atletico's squad at Chelsea?

I honestly think you are trying to hard to justify that Simeone would be a fit for Chelsea when the evidence says otherwise.
Atletico de Madrid and Chelsea are two very different football clubs. Budget, personality and philosophy wise.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Simeone is a long term architect, a team with a minimum of patience Will be needed here, in England TOttenham or Everton would ne more adapted for him imo. He can turn them into serious contenders not just in England but also in Europe.
He would be the perfect fit for Inter Milan, i dont see him leaving tho, not a mercenary.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

in the real madrid ready to sell superstar vieo at le mix, according to the independent, Antonio Conte agreed a 3 year deal with chelsea.. is true?

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Jimbet Not yet, his agent said everything is still possible, I'm guessing it will depend on the results of euro 2016.

chelsea8 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Antonio conte is good coach for us but i hope he learns english if he really is coming to chelsea

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I want a different coach, someone who has a more attacking style.
Our players are also more attacking minded and i'm also tired of watching chelsea play defensive football.

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

^ That will do