Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Which champion would you rather have: Chelsea or Tottenham?
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Who would you rather have as EPL champion this year between those two? And why?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Who would you rather have as EPL champion this year between those two?

Comments
Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

You won the CL 5 years ago. You remember, that season you came 6th, because you were crap.

Also chelsea doesn't fu*ck up because we have winner mentality

Oh really? Then why did you spend the whole of the first half of last season hovering around the relegation zone?

unlike spurs who got knocked out by gent lmao

While you're laughing, you're forgetting that no-one cares.

Spurs fans act with arrogance even tho they havent managed to win the league in over 50+ years hahahah.

What arrogance, exactly? Defending the truth is not arrogance. I have pointed out to you several facts, such as the fact that we have the best defense in the country, the fact that we have the best goal difference in the league, the fact that on form over the last two season we've out-performed EVERYONE (yourself included), all of whom have more money than we do, and the fact that we've done it all with the youngest team in the division.

These are facts. They're not being 'manipulated'. These are reasons why Tottenham should be praised and applauded for what they've managed to achieve, and if you were a true fan of football you'd be cheering them on, even if you cheer on your own team more. I can understand wanting your own team to win, but you could at least show some class towards a team who deserve a ton of credit and respect for getting to where they are now, with none of the financial advantages that you (and City) were simply handed because some rich guy wanted a new toy.

Instead, your only argument is: "Hur hur Gent", and you try to act as though we're something to be ashamed of, when in fact we're the Atletico Madrid of the Premier League.

So, with all due respect, fuk your opinion, because it's a pile of dogshite. :)

Why don't you learn some respect for other teams, especially when your own are lucky to have even kept your players after last season's embarrassment, and if you were not blessed with having a Russian gangster as your owner who can throw endless amounts of money at players, you would have lost Hazard, Costa, Courtois and more, and there's no way in hell you would have ever got Kante.

In fact, you would never have even gotten Mourinho, in 2004. Think about that, before trying to call others clubs an 'embarrassment'.

• History

You won the CL 5 years ago. You remember, that season you came 6th, because you were crap.

Oh really? Then why did you spend the whole of the first half of last season hovering around the relegation zone?

Spurs fans act with arrogance even tho they havent managed to win the league in over 50+ years hahahah.

What arrogance, exactly? Defending the truth is not arrogance. I have pointed out to you several facts, such as the fact that we have the best defense int he country, the fact that we have the best goal difference in the league, the fact that on form over the last two season we've out-performed EVERYONE else, all of whom have more money than we do, and the fact that we've done it all with the youngest team in the division.

These are facts. They're not being 'manipulated'. These are reasons why Tottenham should be praised and applauded for what they've managed to achieve, and if you were a true fan of football you'd be cheering them on, even if you cheer on your own team more.

Instead, your only argument is: "Hur hur Gent", and you try to act as though we're something to be ashamed of, when in fact we're the Atletico Madrid of the Premier League.

Why don't you learn some respect for other teams, especially when your own are lucky to have even kept your players after last season's embarrassment, and if you were not blessed with having a Russian gangster as your owner who can throw endless amounts of money at players, you would have lost Hazard, Costa, Courtois and more, and there's no way in hell you would have ever got Kante.

What arrogance, exactly? Defending the truth is not arrogance. I have pointed out to you several facts, such as the fact that we have the best defense int he country, the fact that we have the best goal difference in the league, the fact that on form over the last two season we've out-performed EVERYONE else, all of whom have more money than we do, and the fact that we've done it all with the youngest team in the division.

These are facts. They're not being 'manipulated'. These are reasons why Tottenham should be praised and applauded for what they've managed to achieve, and if you were a true fan of football you'd be cheering them on, even if you cheer on your own team more.

In fact, you would never have even gotten Mourinho, in 2004. Think about that, before you keep flapping your trap about 'arrogance'.

In fact, you would never have even gotten Mourinho, in 2004. Think about that, before trying to call others clubs an 'embarrassment'.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Hahahah i guess i hit a nerve there, you have to insult to prove your points lol

We won the champions league because we were crap? Ok mate sure, nice logic there.

Chelsea just brought conte and and bought kante for 30 mill meanwhile spurs bought sissoko for 30 mill lmao and look where we are again thats right we are winning the title.

It feels so good to see a disrespectfull person like you to lose his mind with his small club with no ambition.

It felt good when leicester won the title last year and hazard scored that beauty against your team.

And where was spurs the past 50 years lmao, once united liverpool and arsenal start getting their sh*t togheter then spurs will go back to being a mediocre midtble club.

• History

Hahahah i guess i hit a nerve there, you have to insult to prove your points lol

We won the champions league because we were crap? Ok mate sure, nice logic there.

Chelsea just brought conte and and bought kante for 30 mill meanwhile spurs bought sissoko for 30 mill lmao and look where we are again thats right we are winning the title.

It feels so good to see a disrespectfull person like you to lose his mind with his small with no ambition.

It feels so good to see a disrespectfull person like you to lose his mind with his small club with no ambition.

It felt good when leicester won the title last year and hazard scored that beauty against your team.

No, you came 6th because you were crap. What part of this wasn't completely obvious the first time?

Yeah, because you had so embarrassing a season last year that you failed to even qualify for the EL, let alone the CL. And that's the reason why you're in 1st now, to be honest with you. All that money, and you STILL needed an unfair advantage to win the title again...

It feels so good to see a disrespectfull person like you to lose his mind with his small with no ambition.

Yeah, okay mate. :) Come back when you can form proper sentences, and when you can behave with proper manners towards a club who have a hundred more reasons to be proud of themselves than yours.

How long have you been a Chelsea fan, by the way? Since 2015?

• History

No, you came 6th because you were crap. What part of this wasn't completely obvious the first time?

Yeah, because you had so embarrassing a season last year that you failed to even qualify for the EL, let alone the CL. And that's the reason why you're in 1st, to be honest with you.

Yeah, okay mate. :) Come back when you can form proper sentences.

Yeah, because you had so embarrassing a season last year that you failed to even qualify for the EL, let alone the CL. And that's the reason why you're in 1st now, to be honest with y

Yeah, okay mate. :) Come back when you can form proper sentences, and when you can behave with proper manners towards a club who have a hundred more reasons to be proud of themselves than yours.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Can u speak dutch? No? So stfu

If chelsea is crap then what would you call spurs lol

Chelsea fans since 2003, i was 9 years old ;)

Well it's not like spurs played in europe i mean you guys got bossed by small clubs and went out early, another excuse of why chelsea is 1st hahaha.

Why would anyone be proud of a chicken farm?

• History

Chelsea fans since 2003, i was 9 years old ;)

Well it's not like spurs played in europe i mean you guys got bossed by small clubs and went out early, another excuse of why chelsea is 1st hahaha.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Presenting you with stats is not the same as manipulating stats. The stats clearly show that Spurs have been the best team in England over the last 2 seasons. There's no point denying it, unless you have a particular reason to.

No this is exactly what I meant. You searched for anything to put Spurs ahead of Chelsea and lucky for you last season Chelsea wasn't good.

But that's not how it works, you see Spurs were not the best team in England last season and they are not the best this season either, at least so far.

Why don't you take and count the period of 5 years then, if you can do in 2 years?
Ah right,

Spurs 2015-16 - 70 points, 3rd in the league
Spurs 2014-15 - 64 points, 5th in the league
Spurs 2013-14 - 69 points, 6th in the league
Spurs 2012-13 - 72 points, 5th in the league
Spurs 2011-12 - 69 points, 4th in the league

Chelsea 2015-16 - 50 points, 10th in the league
Chelsea 2014-15 - 87 points, 1st in the league
Chelsea 2013-14 - 82 points, 3rd in the league
Chelsea 2012-13 - 75 points, 3rd in the league
Chelsea 2011-12 - 64 points, 6th in the league

Spurs = 344 points
Chelsea = 358 points

Spurs = 0 league titles
Chelsea = 1 league title

By these stats we can see that Spurs were never the best team in England in the last 5 seasons. Thank you.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@ golazo we also won the champions league and the europa league mate.

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Must say, I just wanna see spurs win a PL for the smugness and Arsenalfantv reactions. Haha

Fam?! Blud fam innit!! Hahaha.. That said, Conte has really transformed Chelsea into a real force for next year cl. Also good to see Spurs rubbing shoulders with the big boys. Losing Poc to Barca would be disastrous. I still feel they are missing some crucial winning mentality players in their squad.

Of the top of my head, I can't think of any spur player who has won any title or has that drive to charge for it. Lots of talent though...

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@ golazo we also won the champions league and the europa league mate

I am only focusing on the league itself because it's the topic.
What I tried to point out is that you can't simply add points of 2 seasons and say that Spurs were the best when in fact they were 3rd last season and by the looks of it they won't win this season either.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@lodatz

Hahah what you wrote will take me forever to reply but since i am busy and barely have time to do so please just think about what you wrote because you are acting like buthurt fan boy and i know you are better than that . Spurs was embarrassment , deal with the fact . Leicester is doing a better job than Spurs . And calling Spurs best club in EPL ? Loosing to Gent was a strategy ? hahaha ok I had enough laughs for today .

Lodatz 7 years ago

@chelsea8:

Why would I need to? Who speaks Dutch other than the Dutch? Everyone speaks English, though... :)

Well, in 2012, I would call them better than Chelsea, considering we finished 2 places above you. You're not crap anymore, of course, but then, neither are we. Do you understand, on any level, how nothing you're saying constitutes an actual argument?

Chelsea apparently can't handle playing European competition any more, or else they slip to 10th. You moron.

Why would anyone be proud of a chicken farm?

I think what you mean is: why would anyone be proud of Tottenham, and let's recap those reasons:

• Best defense in the league
  • Best goal difference in the league
  • Youngest team in the league
  • Best performer in the league over the last 2 seasons
  • Doing all of this with nowhere near the money that you are.

Yep, that about covers it. :) Congratulations once again on being bought by a Russian oil gangster; the source of all your success.

Lodatz 7 years ago

@Golazo:

No this is exactly what I meant. You searched for anything to put Spurs ahead of Chelsea and lucky for you last season Chelsea wasn't good.

Well, luckily for me I didn't have to search very hard. I just added up the totals of the last two years, and then presented them to you. That's because Spurs have been the best English team over the last 2 years. Unfortunately, someone else won the title both times, and both times the OTHER team didn't even make Top 6.

So, really, you're complaining about nothing. You just don't like the facts. For some reason. I mean, it shouldn't really matter to you one way or the other, but here you are, working awfully hard to deny Spurs any credit.

What a coincidence. ;)

Why don't you take and count the period of 5 years then, if you can do in 2 years?

Because who cares about what happened 5 years ago? 5 years ago, SAF was still running Manchester United.

Why would that be relevant to a discussion over who people would like to win the league THIS season? The reason I bring up last season's form in addition to this year, is to indicate that Tottenham have been performing this well for a while now; this is our new level, it seems, whereas the team who beat us last year (Leicester) have returned to their own level, and the team ahead of us this year (Chelsea) had to have a year off in the meantime, and their players acted liked spoiled brats.

What's so difficult for you to understand? What happened 5 years ago doesn't matter now.

So, no, I'm not manipulating anything. I'm just giving you facts that you (for SOME reason :p) don't like, because they highlight that Tottenham are pretty deserving title contenders. And the fact that we're doing it all without the size of the financial advantages afforded our Top 6 rivals is a very strong reason why any true football fan should want Tottenham to win (even though they probably won't).

Why don't YOU, other than because you don't like Lodatz giving you facts?

@Marcus:

hahaha ok I had enough laughs for today .

Try looking in the mirror next time. :)

Chelsea fans accepted being dumped out of Europe, failing to get back in again, and losing your best ever manager, just because Costa and his mates decided they weren't being paid enough. You're the joke, mate.

• History

@Marcus:

hahaha ok I had enough laughs for today .

Try looking in the mirror next time. :)

Chelsea fans accepted being dumped out of Europe, failing to get back in again, and losing your best ever manager, just because Costa decided to start scoring again. You're the joke, mate.

@Wolfie:

Of the top of my head, I can't think of any spur player who has won any title or has that drive to charge for it. Lots of talent though...

Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen and Wanyama have all won titles. Multiple in the case of the first 3. As for the others, well, it's not so surprising that few have yet won honours, given that we're the youngest squad in the league.

Youth tends to come with not much prior silverware.

As for the drive to charge for it, I sometimes wonder if anyone is actually WATCHING Tottenham or whether they're just swapping cliches around. I mean, we're unbeaten so far at home, having won all but 2 games there, and have won the last 7 league games on the trot, and are the team to have gained the most points coming from behind of anyone in the league (so, the most points from losing positions, converted into wins).

Does that give you a better idea?

• History

@Wolfie:

Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen and Wanyama have all won titles.

As for the drive to charge for it, I sometimes wonder if anyone is actually WATCHING Tottenham or whether they're just saying things. I mean, we're unbeaten so far at home, having won all but 2 games there, and have won the last 7 league games on the trot, and are the team to have gained the most points coming from behind of anyone in the league (so, the most points from losing positions, converted into wins).

Does that give you a better idea?

All this took me 25 minutes. :) Have a great day chaps.

• History

All this took me 25 minutes. :) Have a great days chaps.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

What happen last season doesn't matter now either, you are just failing in your argument which I pointed out, to you it only matters what makes Spurs look better than how they actually are. Spurs are not the best team in the Premier league, based on facts.

• History

What happen last season doesn't matter now either, you are just failing in your argument which I pointed out, to you it only matters what makes Spurs look better than they actually are.

What happen last season doesn't matter now either,

Yes it does. It matters a hell of a lot more than 5 years ago, because the players are actually the same, as last year. Unlike 5 years ago.

to you it only matters what makes Spurs look better than they actually are.

No, it simply shows you how good they've become. :) They're better than they WERE, and right now, we've been out-performing every single team who has had to juggle league and Europe, and the only team who is ahead of us is a super-rich club who took a year off, and have had their easiest season in 10 years.

So, yeah, that means Spurs are pretty damn good. :)

Spurs are not the best team in the Premier league, based on facts.

I never said they are. :) I said they've been the most consistent over the last two seasons combined (which is a nice, relevant, useful time-frame unlike your 5 year scale, which is not useful or relevant at all), and gave you concrete evidence backing this up. And the reason I said this at all is because some folks seem to think that we're not very consistent, or that we lack great players, or possibly even a winning mentality.

The FACTS show otherwise, which is why I presented them to you.

I don't know why this upsets you so much, but then again, I also don't care. Ciao, bella!

• History

Yes it does. It matters a hell of a lot more than 5 years ago, because the players are actually the same, as last year. Unlike 5 years ago.

No, it simply shows you how good they've become. :) They're better than they WERE, and right now, we've been out-performing every single team who has had to juggle league and Europe, and the only team who is ahead of us is a super-rich club who took a year off, and have had their easiest season in 10 years.

In fact, everyone now seems to think so, at least in the media (though it took a long time). Why is it that it's taking YOU longer?

I never said they are. :) I said they've been the best over the last two seasons combined, which is a nice, relevant, useful time-frame (unlike your 5 year scale, which is not useful or relevant at all). And the reason I said this at all is because some folks seem to think that we're not very consistent, or that we lack great players, or possibly even a winning mentality.

The FACTS show otherwise. I don't know why this upsets you so...

I never said they are. :) I said they've been the best over the last two seasons combined, which is a nice, relevant, useful time-frame (unlike your 5 year scale, which is not useful or relevant at all). And the reason I said this at all is because some folks seem to think that we're not very consistent, or that we lack great players, or possibly even a winning mentality.

The FACTS show otherwise, which is why I presented them to you.

I don't know why this upsets you so much, but then again, I also don't care. Ciao, bella!

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It's one thing to say that your team is better than before, good and a contender for the title.

That I have no problems with. What is not nice is you putting out points from two seasons making it look like your team is the best, that is pure manipulation of stats which is why I took 5 years and proved that at least Chelsea has had more points than them, just to point out that with stats that mean nothing I can make Chelsea look like the best team in England even though they won the league once in the last five years.

And I don't even mock your club, neither did I consider any results in Europe, it was just unfair from my own perspective that you put out something that doesn't prove a team was the best at any moment because two different seasons can't merge into one.

If you had told me how long has Spurs kept the number 1 spots on the table this season, or the previous one, it would have been interesting to see how long they had been leading in the title race.

• History

It's one think to say that your team is better than before, good and a contender for the title.

That I have no problems with. What is not nice is you putting out points from two seasons making it look like your team is the best, that is pure manipulation of stats which is why I took 5 years and proved that at least Chelsea has had more points than them, just to point out that with stats that mean nothing I can make Chelsea look like the best team in England even though they won the league once in the last five years.

And I don't even mock your club, neither did I consider any results in Europe, it was just unfair from my own perspective that you put out something that doesn't prove a team was the best at any moment because two different seasons can't merge into one.

If you had told me how long has Spurs kept the number 1 spots on the table this season, or last it would have been interesting to see how long they had been leading in the title race.

It's one thing to say that your team is better than before, good and a contender for the title.

If you had told me how long has Spurs kept the number 1 spots on the table this season, or last it would have been interesting to see how long they had been leading in the title race.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Wolfie Pochetino wont come to Barca, he is loyal to Espagnol And i think it wont change. Same for Carlo, kind of coaches who never switch between archrivals...

Securing top 4 twice in a row with a young team and a reasonable budget is an achievement itself, Spurs could have collapsed or getting mentally on holidays. They did not and they took à CL ticket again at the expense of a monster budget. That alone make their season accomplished.
CL is on another level of competition, they still have to learn as a team to avoid this season mistakes...

There is no need to hype Chelsea, they had a comfortable season wich only prove their superiority this season, made PL look easy to win. It could have been more exciting if Chelsea had lost some points, we could have watched a great final race...

Lodatz 7 years ago

That I have no problems with. What is not nice is you putting out points from two seasons making it look like your team is the best,

Well, we HAVE been, at least in terms of consistent performance. And, once again, I only even spoke up, because once again the same old tired cliches came out of the woodwork, Chelsea fans were abusing Spurs, and I decided to shush them with some facts.

If you want to complain about this, and point out that we haven't been over the last 5 years, then so be it. Congratulations on showing that Spurs have not been the best team over the span of the last 5 years.

Thankfully, I don't give a crap, because of the 2 most recent seasons, we clearly have been the once performing to the best standard. I look to the future, not the past, me. :)

Maybe, if you're concerned about the coherency or the 'fairness' of arguments being made, you should start taking issue with what chelsea8 said, or what Marcus said, etc. But I notice that while they were far more disrespectful than I was, and while their arguments were no better than: "Spurs lost to Gent so hur hur hur", you only decided to take issue with me, and my 'manipulation of stats'.

Hrm.

Something to think about, certainly. ;)

Lodatz 7 years ago

@tiki:

CL is on another level of competition, they still have to learn as a team to avoid this season mistakes...

Yes, I agree. We learned some harsh lessons this year, but since Monaco turned out to be so good, I guess I don't feel so awful about us losing to them. Don't forget that only the year before we beat them comfortably 4-1 in the EL, so we didn't have a huge reason to expect them to suddenly be much better.

Clearly, we were wrong to underestimate them. I hope they continue to keep surprising everyone. :)

Discussion Closed