Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Whats going on with Monaco?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

I mean, they have been really poor for a team who beat PSG to the title 2 year ago. :U

Comments
the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

they are different to the team that beats psg long time ago. monaco can't keep players, hence they can be unstable like ajax amsterdam. always looking forward to new talents in this team but if there aren't much then they are down.

list of monaco key players sold:

• anthony martial
  • kylian mbappe
  • joao moutinho
  • tiemoue bakayoko
  • thomas lemar
  • yannick carrasco
  • layvin kurzawa
  • benjamin mendy
  • james rodriguez
  • bernardo silva
  • geoffrey kondogbia
  • fabinho
  • valeri germain
SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Basically just that simple. Imagine how sick they would be if they weren't a selling club.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Jaoo Moutinho is now playing at Wolves.. its that simple! :p

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Moutinho was a captain, and a player that stayed from the owner change to now. they probably should have never let him go because his dressing room role was Huge.

Monaco have CB problem, Glik-Jemerson arent doing well, i rate Glikreally high but Jemerson is just a mess and it made them concede many goals, they concede more this season than before and it will affect the team confidence as a whole. Falcao does not score because he does not get chances, completely isolated by a midlefield who does not perform as he did before.

The quality has dropped massively, they sold more than they should last season and its dramatic for them sportively. They also did bad choices bargaining on Keita Balde for a big amount and getting yougsters unable to deliver instantly.

Monaco conceding is a sure bet for more than a month now, both teams to score is a safe bet right now. Same for Marseille who lost both Rolando and Rami playing Luis Gustavo in CB and having Mandanda injured. Easy cash to make here until it get fixed.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Okay, they sold a lots of key player and those that remained are either older (Falcao and Glik) or too young. Still think thats a pretty poor management though to have let go of all those key player and not get proper replacement for it or to have make sure they had good replacement in their youth team.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Okay, they sold a lots of key player and those that remained are either older (Falcao and Glik) or too young. Still think thats a pretty poor management though to have let go of all those key player and not get proper replacement for it or to have make sure they had good replacement..

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

All of a sudden, I feel happy that Jardim isn't at Arsenal

I guess it's like everyone said, too many sales of youngsters. They do still have some decent players like Rony Lopes and Mboula, but I don't know if they can get to Lemar/Mbappe level.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@amir I guess thats the problem, they expected too much out of their youngster because they recently alway outdid the expectation of them.

Also, am I the only one who feel like Monaco and Southampton are actually quite similar when we think about it?

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

I don't know but sth is cool about academy based team like ajax and southampton as you mention, but that kind of model/system would not work in epl.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I don't know but sth is cool about academy based team like ajax and southampton as you mention, but that kind of model/system would not survive in epl.

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Just wait untill Golovin is fit to play and in form again and they'll be back as title contenders.

Ledley 6 years ago

Also, am I the only one who feel like Monaco and Southampton are actually quite similar when we think about it?

Yeah awesome academies. I mean you can list the players who came from there and think how the fk. Didn't Thierry Henry come from here? Evra? Jfc.

I think you answered the Q Emo

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Just wait untill Golovin is fit to play and in form again and they'll be back as title contenders.

Do you think he will have that big impact?

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

They didn't sell all those players the last two years

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley Yeah, but to be fair, I was also think about the fact their color is both red and white. :P

@Tuanis @quikzyyy Even when Golovin has adapted, I don't expect them to be back to title contender. Heck, they are something like 15 point behind PSG, don't even expect the latter to lose or draw enough game for them to catch up.

@Pelle True that, a few of have them been sold way before they won the league.

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Golovin and Tielmans are great players, I just have huge expectation to see both fully perform at their top form.
They have really good players, a solid financial structure and a young player project to play for the next decade so they have almost every single thing they need in order to perform.. Whats wrong with them then?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Tuanis As of now, they are prospect, if they can live to the hype then all is fine but even then, as thing stand, they will need to fixe other position. Like tiki said, their defense is a shamble and whats wrong with them right now is they are in position to be relegated as thing stand. I know its still early but a team their level should have more than 6 point after 7 game, its how I feel at least. I know they got young player that might become crack in the future but they still need to perform in the present at least at a certain level.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

the last time monaco got relegated in 2011, they spent 2 seasons in ligue 2 before getting back, so they are no stranger to downfall.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

By the way, just to make things worse for Monaco, they lost another game today against Saint Ettienne. Its not getting any better...

Ledley 6 years ago

And subasic was in the thumbnail playing for Saint-Ettiene. and What a football troll he is.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley Didn't you mean Subotic? The former BVB player? Anyway, I glad to see he is doing okay at Saint-Ettienne, great place to revive you're career. :D

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Amir Actually it doesnt take anything from Jardim brilliance. he is dealing with constant changes again and again..
Fact that Lyon and Marseille arent doing much better may put Monaco still in race for a CL place.