Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Whats going on with Monaco?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

I mean, they have been really poor for a team who beat PSG to the title 2 year ago. :U

Comments
Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Yes Subotic loving the thumbnail. Why Saint Etienne ?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Ledley Actually a big club in France in term of history. They were a pretty big deal between 1960 and 1980. They even reached a CL final that they lost 1-0 aganst Bayern. In that regard, Subotic will be at home there. :P

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

tiki_taka

Actually it doesnt take anything from Jardim brilliance. he is dealing with constant changes again and again..

Alright, I saw some guys putting this blame on Jardim. I think they need to make more signings, they have made good signings but I think more is needed considering the money they got from Mbappe/Lemar/Fabinho...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@amir Not how Monaco work, they buy low, sell high and they invest more on their youth development and scout system.

amir_keal 6 years ago

I get it, but sometimes success must come from buying big. You will never see the departure of one big player be replaced by around 8 players, it simply doesn't work. Monaco once had a lot of hype, in order to get that hype back money is going to be needed. Roma had hype last season, but they really aren't doing as good with the sales of Allison/Naingollan/Strootman. A good CL run is impossible this year. They beat Chelsea and Atletico to first last season which was already a great feat but it's basically impossible for them to repeat it. I get it's a philosophy, but sometimes spending big will help out.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@amir_keal What Roma did was also pretty stupid though, selling two key midfielder and their keeper which was considered world class and mostly only reinforced themselve in attack.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

Boom, Jardim has been fired, that suck, poor move from Monaco imo, its their own fault they sold that many player, I don't know if Jardim had a lot to say or not in the matter but its still feel harsh to sack him so soon in the season. :( Thought?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Boom, Jardim has been fired, that suck, poor move from Monaco imo, its their own fault they sold that many player, I don't know if Jardim had a lot to say or not in the matter but its still feel harsh to sacked him so soon in the season. :(

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

I doubt that a manager wants to sell his best players (unless he is personally having issues with the player). So all the sellings were not Jardims work imo

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

yeah their own fault but that's how monaco works anyway in the past. the cycle continues until mbappe 2.0 is found in the team. the manager sacking was harsh I agree. lol, jardim gave 1 ligue1 title to monaco with almost no net spend. but no surprise, this is the club that sacked wenger on a similar occasion at ancient times.

the bright side is on utd fans adding to the list of potential replacement if one day mourinho is done. zidane, conte, jardim.

the dark side: henry set to replace? come on giving sinking ship to henry isn't good unless the club gave up on staying in ligue1.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@thebaldgenius Agreed, wouldn't be a great switch to get Henry, unless they are hoping he pull a Zidane which I could only see him do at Arsenal really and even then it would take something special. But for sure, Jardim would be very interesting to see in a big club in the PL. Especially United considering how much he attack. :)

amir_keal 6 years ago

Emobot7

What Roma did was also pretty stupid though, selling two key midfielder and their keeper which was considered world class and mostly only reinforced themselve in attack.

Well, I think N'zonzi is not too bad compared to Strootman. Pastore certainly isn't Allison's level and same could be said for Olsen. I also think the money could have been used more wisely.

As for the manager, I don't think Jardim can be blamed for the selling of his best players' maybe it's more of a club problem. It's surprising to see how low they are tbh.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@amir N'zonzi is good but he isn't really the kind of player Naingolan or Strootman are. He is more similar to De Rossi actually. :(

amir_keal 6 years ago

Agreed, which is why I believe the 4 3 3 didn't work out. Naingollan and Strootman are more attacking minded players. With the 4 2 3 1 they've been amazing. With N'zonzi and De Rossi as the defensive midfielders, and Pellegrini/Pastore focusing more on attack, Roma's form has certainly improved.Though I don't think it will be as good as last year's form.

On Monaco, I really hope Henry gets the job. He has worked with many great managers like Lippi, Ancelotti and Wenger. His previous teammates Zidane, Deschamps, Conte all became highly respected managers, and I have no doubt that he will make it. Vieira is also at Nice, and I have a lot of faith in him too.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@amir_keal My problem with Henry getting the job is that if Jardim didn't have it easy because of the sold player, it isn't gonna be any easier for Henry to deal with the problem. If he get the job, I will wish him the best but I really don't want his first reputation as manager end up being bad because of the team he join.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Well Henry's got the job now, and he's brought in Arsenal U18 coach and Chelsea starlet Ethan's father, Kwame Ampadu, as well.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Eden17 Hum, hope this work out for him. Still think Monaco might regret sacking Jardim when they did but who know, maybe the change will be good for the team.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

told you it was unfair for jardim