Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What should we name TalkRoom?
FootyRoom 10 years ago
36 175

When we built the new version of TalkRoom we wanted it to be a place where people can talk and follow the scores as well as statistics (planned for the future release). It's a mix of live scores and chat, where both chat and live scores are equally important. While doing that we want to achieve the best possible experience for the users when they look for scores, results and schedules. We want to compete with the best live scores sites out there.

So, the reason we put the header link to say "Live Scores" is because we think it will attract more people, as not everyone knows what TalkRoom is. From your perspective, is it okay if we rebrand TalkRoom to be Live Scores or do you think it is better if it stays as TalkRoom?

We really like the name TalkRoom but we're not sure if it is the right way forward.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Comments
Wolfie 10 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Hey what about, Comealongandhaveanicelittlechittychatwithyourfootybudswhileyouwatchthegameorjustponderaboutlife Room

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hey what about, Comealongandhaveanicelittlechittychatwithyourbestbudswhileyouwatchthegameorjustponderaboutlife Lounge

Hey what about, Comealongandhaveanicelittlechittychatwithyourfootybudswhileyouwatchthegameorjustponderaboutlife Lounge

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Live Scores is the best option in terms of attractiveness. It should stay like that. We all know it is the chatroom so it doesn't really matter what name it has. It has to be Live scores in order for the new users and people who come into the website to know whats in there. Other names will not be as descriptive.

Another option could be Live Room... where there is a live chat and live scores...

liomessi10 10 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

@wolfie good one. but that would never be allowed. it takes up way too much space.

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@Tuanis: I feel like that name would invite trolls though.

Heisinburg 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United 67 1516

@liomessi10, lol.

@Tuanis, when I first read Live Scores, I didn't even recognise that it was a chatroom - I only found out about it this morning after reading your comment, so that obviously does speak for itself in terms of how 'attractive' the name is. Live Room is a safe idea in my opinion - it fits in with the site's identity with the word 'Room', but I'm still supporting the name 'Live Lounge' simply because its got the abbreviation of two L's which we can easily associate it with each other, e.g. "I'll speak you in the LL", lol.

• History

@liomessi10, lol.

@Tuanis, when I first read Live Scores, I didn't even recognise that it was a chatroom - I only found out about it this morning after reading your comment, so that obviously does speak for itself in terms of how 'attractive' the name is. Live Room is a safe idea in my opinion - it fits in with the site's identity with the word 'Room', but I'd still go for either 'Live Lounge' simply because its got the abbreviation of two L's which we can easily associate it with each other, e.g. "I'll speak you in the LL", lol.

liomessi10 10 years ago

or it could be called simply, "Brazil".

liomessi10 10 years ago

@heisinburg finally someone's got my name right.

fabryi 10 years ago
Arsenal 37 727

heisinburg is totally right, there are plenty of "live scores" today but who got live lounge?

knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

i vote 'the lounge'

shpalman 10 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

the Lounge is a very good name, i'd make it "Footy Lounge"; but for the site is better to leave it like that. unless you guys at FR want to modify the way both the features are accessed. could we have some hint on how the layout is arranged? if in the upper part of the page the are the scores and down there's the chat, then you could just add another link in the homepage, named "Lounge", which still links you in the Live Score zone, but lands in the down part of the page, corresponding to the chat space. dunno if i'm being clear. it could be done only if the layout is up/down and not left/right (scores on the left part of the page and chat on the right side like most of the sport streaming websites).

edit: it's basically a Live Scores dupe link, automatically scrolled down where the chat is.

• History

the Lounge is a very good name, i'd make it "Footy Lounge"; but for the site is better to leave it like that. unless you guys at FR want to modify the way both the features are accessed. could we have some hint on how the layout is arranged? if in the upper part of the page the are the scores and down there's the chat, then you could just add another link in the homepage, named "Lounge", which still links you in the Live Score zone, but lands in the down part of the page. dunno if i'm being clear. it could be done only if the layout is up/down and not left/right (scores on the left part of the page and chat on the right side like most of the sport streaming websites).

the Lounge is a very good name, i'd make it "Footy Lounge"; but for the site is better to leave it like that. unless you guys at FR want to modify the way both the features are accessed. could we have some hint on how the layout is arranged? if in the upper part of the page the are the scores and down there's the chat, then you could just add another link in the homepage, named "Lounge", which still links you in the Live Score zone, but lands in the down part of the page, corresponding to the chat space. dunno if i'm being clear. it could be done only if the layout is up/down and not left/right (scores on the left part of the page and chat on the right side like most of the sport streaming websites).

edit: it's basically a Live scores dupe link, automatically scrolled down where the chat is.

Jimbet 10 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Chat Lounge?

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I like most of the sugestions that have been given here but what I mean and what I think FR means is that poeple are more atracted to livescores than to chatrooms. Random people, not even users, come to this site to watch highlights and they (those people) will be more attracted to go into a live score page than a chatroom. Therefore the name has to be more appealing towards livescores. Who uses thee chatroom? us regular users who already know the livescores page has the chatroom as well. And who uses the liveroom? the new people who doesnt really know this webpage that well and want to follow a live score.

In conclusion, the name can be one of three options.
1- allusive to a room/page where there are live scores
2- allusive to a room/page where there is a space for chatting
3- a combination of both like the suggested Live Lounge.

it all depends on what FR really want to do with that page and what they want to give more emphasis to.

Wolfie 10 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

"Matchroom" is perfect. That's exactly why we go to Talkroom in the first place, to talk about the match. TheLounge is really ambiguous and not fitting for a Football site. Also, isn't it called a Living room? Never heard anyone say, "have a sit in my Lounge" haha..

• History

"Matchroom" is perfect. That's exactly why we go to Talkroom in the first place, to talk about the match. TheLounge is really ambiguous and not fitting for a Football site. Also, isn't it called a Living room? Never heard anyone say, "have a sit in my Lounge" haha..

"Matchroom" is perfect. That's exactly why we go to Talkroom in the first place, to talk about the match. TheLounge is really ambiguous and not fitting for a Football site.
Also, isn't it called a Living room? Never heard anyone say, "have a sit in my Lounge" haha..

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Question: When will be talkroom ready for use?

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@wolfie agreed, lounge doesn't remind me of football at all. MatchRoom sounds good but you need to have the "Live" part in it to draw people who want to have scores in. I think the LiveRoom is the best idea we've had so far.

FootyRoom 10 years ago
36 175

Thank you for all the suggestions.
Who still has problems accessing the page? (please describe)

liomessi10 10 years ago

i do. when i click on live scores there's just a blank page.

Mainzfeldski 10 years ago Edited
1 461

I am not able to connect to the chat server.

On the left side, where a blue bar with left and right arrows lies, it says, "Undefined NaN undefined, ONaN." (unless it's supposed to be like that at the moment)

EDIT: I'm using Safari.

• History

On the left side, where a blue bar with left and right arrows lies, it says, "Undefined NaN undefined, ONaN."

On the left side, where a blue bar with left and right arrows lies, it says, "Undefined NaN undefined, ONaN." (unless it's supposed to be like that at the moment)

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Not working on Safari.

liomessi10 10 years ago

now it's working on firefox