Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What is the "Top Club" and "Top Player" in each top tier?
SergioAguero10 8 years ago
Manchester City, Argentina 6 348

Hello guys....Im not new to FR, except I have only just made an account today!! Just wonderin if we could debate as to which club comes out on top in the top tier leagues; for example: Ligue 1, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, Premier League, and the best player within each league. Lets debate!!!!

Comments
liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

juventus player rankings:
marchisio
pogba
dybala

SergioAguero10 8 years ago
Manchester City, Argentina 6 348

Hello again...great convo!!

Dybala is surely the best player is Serie A alongside Pogba and maybe Icardi slowly trying to rise. Dybala had a great breakthrough season, showing not only his dribbling and balance, but awareness, composure and excellence at free kicks. At such a young age you have to admit that this boy nailed his season-and of course will be the best next season alongside pogba-if he doesn't go to Real Madrid!!!

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Yet another person who only notices attackers. Buffon/Barzagli/Bonucci all had fantastic seasons, and though Chiellini got bad injury luck I have no doubt he'll be excellent again next season. All four players I just mentioned are more advanced players than Dybala. Juventus deals out clean sheets like they're party favors, but all anyone notices are Pogba wonderstrikes and Dybala goals.

Figures.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Liga : Barca, Messi
PL : This season : Leicester, Mahrez/Payet. Last season : Chelsea, Hazard.
Bundesliga : Bayern, Lahm
Ligue 1 : PSG, Verrati
Calcio : Juve, Higuain

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

This is confusing. You need to be specific, this season, or till this date.

This Season

La Liga: Barcelona, Suarez

PL: Tottenham, Mahrez

Ligue 1: PSG, Zlatan

Serie A: Juve, Higuain

UEFA: Atletico, Ronaldo

For la liga, Barca are obviously better,, but I am pretty sure Messi hasnt been the best player of la liga this season. Suarez has been far more lethal and is the main reason alongside busquets. Messi has been inconsistent and was injured for 30% of the season. People are starting to forget because of the copa and euro in their mind. But sorry to say, Suarez has been the best so far, Messi and neyamr will be tied 3rd for the best Barca player this season with Sergio second. Ronaldo has also been amazing in La liga but not for his standards, he was a bit inconsistent as well so Suarez deserves it.

BPL, I don't know but Tottenham have been a better team, even better than Leicester. It was just that luck wasnt on their side, facing the top tier teams with different mentality, for example, Arsenal will play against Tottenham 10X more lethal than against Leicester cause of their rivalry, leicester didnt had an opponent that would go all out against them. I may be wrong but thats just what I think

KanyeWest 8 years ago
Real Madrid, United States 0 56

Dybala is better than any player than Manchester U. has at the moment. Please don't even mention Memphis. He might have potential but he has horrible attitude and work rate. He will NOT become world class...ever. I bet even Mourinho can't work his magic with him. On the other hand, Dybala has been more influential in Juventus's attack than anyone else. Is he the best in Juve? No, but he did amazing in his very first season in a world class team.

La Liga: Real and Messi
Bundesliga: Bayern and Aubameyang
EPL: City (if they can find a replacement to Toure) and Aguero, 4th best Arsenal.
Serie A: Juventus and Higuain
Ligue 1: PSG and Veratti

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Way to miss the point entirely...

Just because a player has tons of potential doesn't mean he will fulfill it. We've seen plenty of players peak at Dybala's age, just because he's young we shouldn't assume he'll improve in every aspect of his game.

I was simply stating that if we've going by the top player in the Serie A right now, while Dybala can be in the conversation, I think it would be irresponsible to say he's the best player in the league when I personally feel he's not even the third-best player on his team.

Try read posts instead of seeing one statement and missing ALL of the context.

KanyeWest 8 years ago Edited

I'd like to know what you're on. it sounds pretty mindnumbing. All the players you mentioned have been playing with the team and the system for ages. They are used to playing with each other and have been performing in high standards for years now. Dybala did have a better season than all of them. For a young kid to come from a small team to a world class team with a high price tag and perform the way he did is incredible. This kid filled Tevez;s position perfectly and did carry Juventus in so many games. He was the heart of all the attacks.

Why am I even arguing with someone who thinks Ozil is EPL's best player. He isnt even the best player on his team. ( See I used your "context" against you. Note: not ALL of it). Cech was outstanding the ENTIRE season, not HALF of it (with the exception of the first game). Even Koscielny was rock solid this season. Even though his defensive partners kept rotating due to injury, he was still really good the ENTIRE season, not HALF of it. You are just another person who notices only the people in attack ( Oh hey, I used another reference from your context. Maybe I did read ALL of it after all. What do you know, right?)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I'd like to know what you're on. it sounds pretty mindnumbing. All the players you mentioned have been playing with the team and the system for ages. They are used to playing with each other and have been performing in high standards for years now. Dybala did have a better season than all of them. For a young kid to come from a small team to a world class team with a high price tag and perform the way he did is incredible. This kid filled Tevez;s position perfectly and did carry Juventus in so many games. He was the heart of all the attacks.
Why am I even arguing with someone who thinks Ozil is EPL's best player. He isnt even the best player on his team. ( See I used your "context" against you. Note: not ALL of it). Cech was outstanding the ENTIRE season, not HALF of it (with the exception of the first game). Even Koscielny was rock solid this season. Even though his defensive partners kept rotating due to injury, he was still really good the ENTIRE season, not HALF of it. You are just another person who notices only the people in attack ( Oh hey, I used another reference from your context. Maybe I did read ALL of it after all. What do you know, right?)

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm not saying Dybala didn't have a great season. I'm saying that he's not Juventus' best player.

While Cech is in the conversation for best keeper in the prem, maybe even the favorite in that conversation, Ozil created more chances in Europe than any other player and had a stupidly good season. It is not a really contested opinion that Ozil is Arsenal's best player. I would extend that to the rest of league, as well. Koscielny was culprit for many goals this season, and nonetheless he's a great centerback, but if you think he's better than Ozil...

If you want to give me some kind of facts or perspective to change my mind I'm open to that, but your comments on Ozil are borderline trolling.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

lol i was reading this thread when someone brought up memphis and compared him Dybala in terms of potential. ahahhahahhahah. Dybala carried palermo back from 2nd division to around mid table. look at where palermo are now....pretty sure they are relegated. Dybala has slowly lived up to his potential and burst onto the scene last season. With higuain gone he will surely be the top goal scorer. Now tell me what memphis has done at united.....lol

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Gonzi

If you actually read the post you'll realize I was talking about potential in general, not comparing the two players. But please, continue along, since no one seems to care about actual content in this thread, only spouting off about something they got wrong to begin with.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago

" Dybala has a lot of potential sure, but so does Memphis. "....if this isn't comparing 2 players I don't know what is. I know were both biased based on our teams here. But Memphis has failed to live up to his potential. A year is a lot when you are a footballer.

Also I previously ranked the leagues in another comment, I contributed to the post with relevant content. The only reason I went off topic is because you and some other member did also.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

"Dybala has a lot of potential sure, but so does Memphis. Potential does not always equal itself."

And of course you miss the very next sentence that explains the context. Not once, but twice. If you actually look at that, you can see quite clearly that I am talking about how potential does not always get reached by the person with it, which of course applies to both Memphis and Dybala, neither of whom have reached the heights that they are capable of. The warning is, of course, that just because a player has potential, such as Dybala, does not mean he will reach it, like Memphis last season.

Now that I have spelled out what should have been obvious from the start, can we end this conversation?

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago

sure we can end it like memphis ended his man u career

KanyeWest 8 years ago

Sorry Gonzi but that does not make sense since Memphis has not started his career at Man. U. yet. Dude is still on vacation lol.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago

lmfaoo true