Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ukraine goal vs England
quikzyyy 12 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

i think this picture describes it all, for me it was 100% goal.
but the question is: Why there is a referee near the post special waiting for these situations when he can't see it?!

Comments
This comment is disliked by many users (show)
knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Typical english luck...

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

It was a goal without a doubt, but not saying 2 wrongs make a right but it was offside as well. 

I've always been a firm believer these goal-line officials do shit, have only ever really seen maybe 2 or 3 decisions since they have been introduced, complete waste of time and the sooner they get the proper technology introduced the better.

@knibis, typical English luck? HA, yeah sure, tell Lampard that, someone is obviously just bitter over there defeat to England the other day.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

Just incase there is any doubts from people

quikzyyy 12 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Jimskeleton yes, you're right. But Football really need goal-line technology because referees on line like this are useless.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

Yeah I agree, they are completely useless, there has been many a time where the ball has been near the goal line or on possible penalty decisions you just see nothing from them at all.

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

We beat France 2-0 you drawed. If we would play you 10 matches we would be winning 6 of them, good luck against Italy..

devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

@knibis, sorry mate but your out. now please climb back up your tree

JesperKyd 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

It's best to ignore trolls like knibis the more you communicate/disagree the more he'll keep replying.

It was a goal and hopfully blatter/platini was watching we need goal-line technology but in the end it was a nice clearence from john terry.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Agreed with JesperKyd. Ignore Knibis. But seriously I hope Blatter was watching this match we seriously need goal line technology. To be fair to England they deserve a bit of luck. 

awais007 12 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

i think its a goal

rescue_secure 12 years ago
England 25 1357

okay first of all it was an offside! ave a look at the game again! and why is this a big deal wen england are on the benefitin end of it! wat about all those times wen they ave been on the receivein end of it?? and it wudnt ave made any diff to the group anyway.. so just cut the crap and let go! it dusnt make a diff now! lampard's clear cut goal against germany in the WC was denied so i guess luck played its part! first bad luck now good luck! 

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Even if it was a goal or not, for a ball to cross the line by that TINY distance, you really can't blame the referees for the decision they've made. I respect their decision because even I couldn't tell if it was a goal or not from the sideline.

John Terry clearance was pretty wicked though...

bloodred1992 12 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

I don't think an official on the goal-line is completely useless. At least 80% of the time he can make the right decision. In this particular incident there was very little time for him to observe whether the ball had crossed the line and so England got the benefit of doubt. We of course have the benefit of observing it frame by frame and so it looks pretty clear.

Having said that yes goal-line tech could help in such situations. But I don't understand why there's a need to obsess over it. If we can accept wrong refereeing decisions over fouls and offsides we can also accept a rare instance of a goal-line decision going wrong.

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

I lost 60 Euros because of this fukcing ref!!!

manchesterutI 12 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

I am not gonna argue whether it was a goal or not because I have never refereed myself but I am pretty sure that everyone ( except 5yo fangirls) will remember this guy in this article at Goal.com

Link: 
<http://www.goal.com/en/news/2898/euro-2012/2012/06/20/3188476/collina-ukraine-were-denied-a-fair-goal

If he says Ukraine were denied a fair goal than I believe him as he is one of the best referees ever. Anyhow, England won, Ukraine got disqualified and what not let's all move on.
Finally, I hope all the Brits will stop lamenting about Lampard's "goal" as it's old story now and no one gives a rat's ass cos Germany would have won anyway.
Good luck to all teams in the quarterfinals.

Manshitty_are_shit 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

It was offside anyway. But Goal line technology is definitely need. 

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Kassai is the worst referee ever! In CL he did too much misakes, I don't know what Platini thinks, but this referee is a nerd.