Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UEFA TOP 3, silly
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

enter image description here
So we have nominated Griezmann, Ronaldo and Bale and Suarez is missing. For me this is really silly decision not to nominate him. It's clear that Ronaldo is going to win it now, thoughts?

Comments
liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

how the hell has bale been better than messi or suarez!!!!!?????

SunFlash 8 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

While I'm not surprised Messi missed out, there was a raised eyebrow regarding Bale over Suarez. I have come to understand that this award often rewarded different people than we expect, which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see Griezmann win, even though I think Ronaldo should take it without too much issue.

Regarding Bale specifically, I have a hard time finding something he did that Suarez did not. Maybe the Euros are being overvalued?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

While I'm not surprised Messi missed out, there was a raised eyebrow regarding Bale over Suarez. I have come to understand that this award often rewarded different people than we expect, which is why I would be surprsied to see Griezmann win, even though I think Ronaldo should take it without too much issue.

Regarding Bale specifically, I have a hard time finding something he did that Suarez did not. Maybe the Euros are being overvalued?

chelsea8 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Is this award for the best striker or the best individual player? Stupid uefa.

• History

Is this award for the best striker or who was individualy the best player? Stupid uefa.

Croatian 8 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Well this is less prestigious than Ballon d'Or, few seasons ago Iniesta won it and before that Ribery. It's good to see Ronaldo or Messi aren't 100% winners in award. Would be happy for Griezmann to get it.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The day people understand the criteria of this cup selection everything will be alright, UEFA 2012 player was Iniesta winner of the euro best player of the Euro.
Here nothing surprising, in a Euro year the winner is always Europeen, part of the winning team or best player of the Euro.
Messi paying his extra sportive issues And the fact he is not Europeen, thats called best player in Europe for a reason.

Griezmann for me has been the best of the 3, dont know what Bale is doing here but both Ronaldo And Griezmann deserve to be there.
Individual prizes became a marketing/Buzz/Stats prize, with This perspective Bâle free kicks have Buzzed this summer.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Bale has been phenomenal this year, in fact if he wasn't injured, there will be no discussion about this topic. Suarez was better than thann the three stat-wise. He really deserves to be nominated. I don't know why UEFA/FIFA/EPL don't give him the credit he deserves.

Griezman on the otherhand was outstanding this year, but people aren't judging this fairly, if we look deepl and compare Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Bale, Griezmann. We can clearly see the difference. Messi for me wasn't at his best, but compared to others, he is still better.

Messi-Suarez-Ronaldo are more worth winners.
However like Tiki mentioned, this is basically the trophy focusing on Europe, so the little games of the EURO have a higher impact than the domestic leagues.

Ronaldo Stats:

Honours: UEFA Champions League, UEFA EURO 2016

Domestic league
Appearances: 36
Goals: 35
Assists: 11

UEFA Champions League
Appearances: 12
Goals: 16
Assists: 4

UEFA EURO 2016
Appearances: 7
Goals: 3
Assists: 3

Gareth Bale

Honours: UEFA Champions League

Domestic league
Appearances: 23
Goals: 19
Assists: 10

UEFA Champions League
Appearances: 8
Goals: 0
Assists: 3

UEFA EURO 2016
Appearances: 6
Goals: 3
Assists: 1

Antoine Griezmann

Honours: none

Domestic league
Appearances: 38
Goals: 22
Assists: 5

UEFA Champions League
Appearances: 13
Goals: 7
Assists: 1

UEFA EURO 2016
Appearances: 7
Goals: 6
Assists: 2

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

Griezman should really take it in my opinion, but we will see. Its really between him and Ronaldo in any case.

• History

Griezman should really take it in my opinion, but we will see, Ronaldo did have a excellent season this year.

Griezman should really take it in my opinion, but we will see.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

GRIEZY should take it

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

It's called 'best player in europe' and not the best european player, suarez and messi should've been there.
This is such a BS.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Gonzi why do you think Griezmann should take it?

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Ronaldo deserves it overall but Griezmann is very close behind him. Why Bale was picked over Suarez/Messi is pathetic.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@quikzyyy I can't answer for Gonzi but I feel like Griezman goal were much more important than that of Ronaldo much of the time, lets not forget real Madrid would sometime go on to score something like 9 or 10 goal this season and Ronaldo would get a free hat-trick despite not really needing to score, in my opinion, considering the few goal Atletico Madrid did score this season, I can't help but feel like those of Griezman were especialy important for the team to take the point or to proceed to the next stage of competition. Lets not forget Griezman Euro which was really and you got in my opinion a very consistent and complete performance by the lad. But maybe I'm over-optimistic... no doubt Ronaldo is also a serious contender and the winner will be one of the two for sure. Bale really doesn't stand a chance sadly. :(

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Yea, I agree with you, but I think the only chance for Griezmann to win this was to win EURO.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

I give my props to Ronaldo for setting the standad of goalscoring way high. I never remember people were comparing decisive goals. A goal is a goal, no such thing about how, when and where it was scored.

90% of those voting for Griezmann cause they don't want Ronaldo to win it. Its a similar case for A madrid fan wanting barca to lose the UCL final vs juve, Barca fan want Real to lose the UCL final. Not because who deserves it, but pure hate. I take nothing away from Griezmann but I don't even think most of you watched his games (full, not highlights).

Griezmann did score important goals wont deny that but I still don't believe he tops Ronaldo, let alone bale neymar, messi and suarez. No one has given a solid fact, you just took one statement that Griezmann scored important goal. I bet the only games you know were vs bayren, madrid, germany and barca. Griezmann is the sole scorer for Atletico, the reason why you see griezmann mainly scoring, cause he is the only one on the other side. Felipe luis, Diego godin, juanfran and even gabi performed just as good if not, even better than griezmann. I may be wrong but it is debatable.

Griezmann may have a better euro compared to Ronaldo, but Bale was also sensational in the euro. With the squad bale had, he ran the whole pitch in all the games. Bale's stats are also impressive, he just wasn't healthy for 45% of the season.

I may be a bit bias towards Ronaldo, but comparing their performances throughout the season, hands down Ronaldo deserves it more.

porkey 8 years ago
Liverpool, Trinidad and Tobago 9 85

Its ridiculous not to see suarez instead of bale....my opinion would b ronaldo he had a great champions league and a great la liga not much impact in the euros tho ....

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@rayrex7 I'm gonna be sincere and agree that you may be right, its not that I don't want to see Ronaldo win it though in my case, it just that I find it annoying as its alway seem to be the same people winning those kind of trophy (even though even I agree they deserve it). But yeah, Ronaldo was great in europe this season and I guess he would deserve it more. Then again, he's also likely to get the Ballon d'or as well so no matter what happen, I think he's gonna be rewarded for his hard work this year. ;)

MrGoooool 8 years ago
Liverpool, Mexico 27 580

everyone is talking about why isn't suarez or messi isn't nominated. The real question is where is coutinho!!?? Just kidding, but what am I confused that where is iniesta or Kante. Iniesta and Kante had a great Euros and a great season. but that is just my opinion.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@MrGooool Well, even if they had great Euro and season, I don't think you could say they were better than Ronaldo and Griezman overall though.

MrGoooool 8 years ago
Liverpool, Mexico 27 580

@Emobot true, but I think one of them should've replaced bale

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@MrGoooool But in that case, I can't help but feel it should have been Suarez over any of those two. Just my opinion.