Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UEFA Nations League - 2018 2019
tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It started to day 07/09/2018. For the first time!

I will sum it up a bit:

What?

The Nations League, which will kick off during the current international break, is meant to rejuvenate international football in Europe by giving national teams more meaningful matches.

Who?
All 55 teams, divided into 4 groups (similar to divisions where La Liga, EPL, Serie A is the first division), based on UEFA's national coefficient rankings as of October 11, 2017.

Rank
Group A: top teams: Germany, Spain, Italy... and
Group D: lowest team
There will be promotion and relegation

This really gives better goal rates and avoid those hammer against San Mario etc...

Champion
The winner can only come from League A and will be determined by a mini-tournament played in June, with semifinals, a game for third place and a final.

Effecting on European qualification:
Combine with the old way (24 teams), then the play off which will be between the winner of the 4 groups above. If already qualified, the next best will play.

Heavier on the existing tight schedule?
The idea is NOT to, just replacing meaningless friendly games.

I love this idea, but today I didn't see that much of exciting matches. But I guess it takes time to change.

What do you guys think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It started to day 07/09/2018. For the first time!

What?

The Nations League, which will kick off during the current international break, is meant to rejuvenate international football in Europe by giving national teams more meaningful matches.

Who?
All 55 teams, divided into 4 groups (similar to divisions where La Liga, EPL, Serie A is the first division), based on UEFA's national coefficient rankings as of October 11, 2017.

Rank
Group A, top teams: Germany, Spain, Italy... and
Group D: lowest team
There will be promotion and relegation

This really gives better goal rates and avoid those hammer against San Mario etc...

Champion
The winner can only come from League A and will be determined by a mini-tournament played in June, with semifinals, a game for third place and a final.

Effecting on European qualification:
Combine with the old way (24 teams), then the play off which will be between the winner of the 4 groups above. If already qualified, the next best will play.

Heavier on the existing tight schedule?
The idea is NOT to, just replacing meaningless friendly games.

I love this idea, but today I didn't see that much of exciting matches. But I guess it takes time to change.

What do you guys think?

Comments
  • History

National league

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The official result of the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NationsLeague?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NationsLeague</a> draw! ✅ <a href="https://t.co/H1fPteK7M1">pic.twitter.com/H1fPteK7M1</a></p>— UEFA Nations League (@UEFAEURO) <a href="https://twitter.com/UEFAEURO/status/956133002861572096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 24, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EdgarEAM 6 years ago Edited
2 241

Well, my opinion about new UEFA Nations League

Short: Is good, positive thing

Explained:

Well, like i said before its a positive thing that happen is Good, but i would like other system more League than a mixed format into league and Cup like actually is. I love the idea of leagues but don't like the system.

So What system i prefer?

If we 55 nations, We can make ONE LEAGUE that has 4 divisions (each division with almost 14 teams), league: A,B,C,D. In other terms in comparative to Premier League, would be Premier League (A), EFL Championship (B), League ONE (C) and League TWO (D), but the main idea is let it run like a league but with one way playing (not (home and visiting match)). So, by example in almost all leagues each team should have played 13 matches, and let run promotion and relegation.

My idea is against cup format, like i said in the previous paragraph all UEFA NATIONS league should be like League format. If u want cup format You have UEFA European Championship, and my idea is great because guess something, In this scenario we have 4 divisions and we want apply a format Cup to all 55 teams.

How we can get that? Simple apply something related to Uefa Champions League and Uefa Europe League, How? Well the two top Leagues League A and League B participate in Uefa NATIONS Champions League, by example adding League A and League B we have 28 teams that can be sorted into 7 groups by 4 teams each one. They play the group stage and classification the two top teams fo each group and TWO best THIRD PLACES, and we run the traditional CUP format 16 finals, Quarters Finals, Semi Finals , Third Place and Final. But all of this is for UEFA NATIONS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE but is the same mechanic for League C and League D that can run for UEFA NATIONS EURO LEAGUE. And we have two champions and full engaged of all teams.

That is my ideas, looks good.
But not confuse me, i liked the UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE, it's good, but can be better. :)

• History

Explained:

Well, like i said before its a positive thing that happen is Good, but i would like other system more League than a mixed format into league and Cup like actually is. I love the idea of leagues but don't like the system.

So What system i prefer?

If we 55 nations, We can make ONE LEAGUE that has 4 divisions (each division with almost 14 teams), league: A,B,C,D. In other terms in comparative to Premier League, would be Premier League (A), EFL Championship (B), League ONE (C) and League TWO (D), but the main idea is let it run like a league but with one way playing (not (home and visiting match)). So, but example in almost all leagues each team should have played 13 matches, and let run promotion and relegation.

My idea is against cup format, like i said in the previous paragraph all UEFA NATIONS league should be like League format. If u want cup format You have UEFA European Championship, and my idea is great because guess something, In this scenario we have 4 divisions and we want apply a format Cup to all 55 teams.

How we can get that? Simple apply something related to Uefa Champions League and Uefa Europe League, How? Well the two top Leagues League A and League B participate in Uefa NATIONS Champions League, by example adding League A and League B we have 28 teams that can be sorted into 7 groups by 4 teams each one. They play the group stage and classification the two top teams fo each group and TWO best THIRD PLACES, and we run the traditional CUP format 16 finals, Quarters Finals, Semi Finals , Third Place and Final. But all of this is for UEFA NATIONS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE but is the mechanic is the same for League C and League D that can run for UEFA NATIONS EURO LEAGUE. And we have two champions and full engaged of all teams.

But not confuse me i liked the UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE, it's good but can be better. :)

Explained:

So What system i prefer?

If we 55 nations, We can make ONE LEAGUE that has 4 divisions (each division with almost 14 teams), league: A,B,C,D. In other terms in comparative to Premier League, would be Premier League (A), EFL Championship (B), League ONE (C) and League TWO (D), but the main idea is let it run like a league but with one way playing (not (home and visiting match)). So, by example in almost all leagues each team should have played 13 matches, and let run promotion and relegation.

How we can get that? Simple apply something related to Uefa Champions League and Uefa Europe League, How? Well the two top Leagues League A and League B participate in Uefa NATIONS Champions League, by example adding League A and League B we have 28 teams that can be sorted into 7 groups by 4 teams each one. They play the group stage and classification the two top teams fo each group and TWO best THIRD PLACES, and we run the traditional CUP format 16 finals, Quarters Finals, Semi Finals , Third Place and Final. But all of this is for UEFA NATIONS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE but is the mechanic is the same for League C and League D that can run for UEFA NATIONS EURO LEAGUE. And we have two champions and full engaged of all teams.

But not confuse me i liked the UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE, it's good but can be better. :)

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

netherlands aren't top team anymore should have been in group b swapped with sweden lol.

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

🤣🤣🤣 bald genius u are mad :D

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@Emo: you confuse me here mate... Reading those was quite confusing.

So do you like this format or do you prefer CL like for imternational breaks?

I think this format is really good and well thought. The division (groups) makes sure we dont have a total unmatched games. Even that, in group C, D we still see those tennis scores

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

LOL, am i @Emo? Yes? Oh Yeeeehaaaaaa 🤣🤣

Well, i agree with u its a good trend, but i did prefer One league with 4 divisions, with only one way game, running like a league.

And i did prefer two UEFA Euro, one between league A and League B, and another like "Europe league" between league C and League D.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Sorry... Mixed up the name, was reading a thread of Emobot and had it hanged there. :D :D

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

tuan-jinm needs take a snap 😀😀

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Edgar He is confusing you with me because I usually am very active like you are right now. Also, our name both start with an E. Propably why. Anyway, don't put too much attention to stuff like that, get in the way of football talk. :P

Anyway, I personally all for the UEFA Nation League make better match to watch in the international break, only problems for me is some part of the format (its a shame league A doesn't have 4 team per group) and also, I'm worried about player fatigue at the top level. Injury as well.

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

Emobot7 Ur profile picture looks like enter image description here

😂😂😂

Well, I'm not worried about players fatigue or injuries.

Yeah, Emo was very active, and to be honest, less spammy :D If you know what I mean :D. his posts' qualities are great! :D. Can't blame you, since he's a native Eng speaker.

Dont take it the wrong way right? :D

• History

Yeah, Emo was very active, and to be honest, less spammy :D I you know what I mean :D. his posts' qualities are great! :D. Can't blame you, since he's a native Eng speaker.

Dont take it the wrong way right? :D

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Players are practically taking it as friendlies, I'm not even gonna lie. I hope they take it more seriously, that way It's more fun for us fans.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Can't blame you, since he's a native Eng speaker.

Only I'm not. :P

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Oui, il est français.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Non?
Oui, la baguette locale française est vraiment bonne et belle

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tuan @Eden17 Je suis du Québec, mais certes, la baguette française est vraiment bonne et belle. Il n'est pas rare que j'en mange avec ma famille en écoutant du Charles Aznavour. C'est un chanteur de qualité vous savez. ;)

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Quand vous irez voir la traduction vous comprendriez que je vous taquine surtout si j’ ajoute le mot football. :p

I don’t like 3 teams group format, means that one team will stay and watch others play. But it’s definitely better than friendlies, for 2 reasons : level is close and only 3 substitutions like an official game. That obliges nations to start with a decent squad and do no rotate for free...

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

Moi je ne suis pas trop pour Aznavour et sa bohème... mais j'adore la baguette, surtout au fomage lol 🥖🧀😀😀

• History

Moi je ne suis pas trop Aznavour et sa bohème... mais j'adore la baguette, surtout au fomage lol 🥖🧀😀😀

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Wow, je ne m'attendais certainement pas à ce que ce soit un site francophone. J'aime bien les baguettes

• History

Hou la, je ne savais pas certainement que c'était un site Internet francophone. J'aime le baguette bien que :)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@amir Google traduction mate? I'm asking cause it look more obvious than the other sentence I seen until now. :P

@Pelle Je ne serais peut-être pas un fan sans mon père, c'est lui qui m'en à fait écouter beaucoup. Mais oui, la baguette et le fromage, c'est délicieux.