Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UEFA Nations League - 2018 2019
tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It started to day 07/09/2018. For the first time!

I will sum it up a bit:

What?

The Nations League, which will kick off during the current international break, is meant to rejuvenate international football in Europe by giving national teams more meaningful matches.

Who?
All 55 teams, divided into 4 groups (similar to divisions where La Liga, EPL, Serie A is the first division), based on UEFA's national coefficient rankings as of October 11, 2017.

Rank
Group A: top teams: Germany, Spain, Italy... and
Group D: lowest team
There will be promotion and relegation

This really gives better goal rates and avoid those hammer against San Mario etc...

Champion
The winner can only come from League A and will be determined by a mini-tournament played in June, with semifinals, a game for third place and a final.

Effecting on European qualification:
Combine with the old way (24 teams), then the play off which will be between the winner of the 4 groups above. If already qualified, the next best will play.

Heavier on the existing tight schedule?
The idea is NOT to, just replacing meaningless friendly games.

I love this idea, but today I didn't see that much of exciting matches. But I guess it takes time to change.

What do you guys think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It started to day 07/09/2018. For the first time!

What?

The Nations League, which will kick off during the current international break, is meant to rejuvenate international football in Europe by giving national teams more meaningful matches.

Who?
All 55 teams, divided into 4 groups (similar to divisions where La Liga, EPL, Serie A is the first division), based on UEFA's national coefficient rankings as of October 11, 2017.

Rank
Group A, top teams: Germany, Spain, Italy... and
Group D: lowest team
There will be promotion and relegation

This really gives better goal rates and avoid those hammer against San Mario etc...

Champion
The winner can only come from League A and will be determined by a mini-tournament played in June, with semifinals, a game for third place and a final.

Effecting on European qualification:
Combine with the old way (24 teams), then the play off which will be between the winner of the 4 groups above. If already qualified, the next best will play.

Heavier on the existing tight schedule?
The idea is NOT to, just replacing meaningless friendly games.

I love this idea, but today I didn't see that much of exciting matches. But I guess it takes time to change.

What do you guys think?

Comments
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

It was a translator actually yeah lol. It was easy to spot indeed but I don’t speak French. Basic pretty much but that’s about it.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

La baguette rustique, mon premier amour :)

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

@Emobot: moi j'aime surtout la musique épique ou classique... mais ca m'arrive parfois d'écouter certains anciens chanteurs comme Joe Dassin, Édith Piaf

@Tiki_taka: Une baguette (rustique) chaude au fromage fondu... 😍😵😚

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Who started this "baguette" thingyyyyy gyuys?

_Pelle_ 6 years ago

@tuan: actually you 😂🤣

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

@tuan Yep, its you. :P

@Pelle Tu dois aimé O Fortuna dans ce cas. ;) Mais pour être sincère, je suis aussi un fan de musique classique et mon père aime bien Joe Dassin et Édith Piaf.

Aussi, je commence à pensé qu'on devrais ouvrir une discutions spécialement pour parler en Français. Pour être honnête, c'était un projet auquel j'avais déjà pensé auparavant.

• History

@tuan Yep, its you. :P

@Pelle Tu toi aimé O Fortuna dans ce cas. ;) Mais pour être sincère, je suis aussi un fan de musique classique et mon père aime bien Joe Dassin et Édith Piaf.

Aussi, je commence à pensé qu'on devrais ouvrir une discutions spécialement pour parler en Français. Pour être honnête, c'était un projet auquel j'avais déjà pensé auparavant.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Ohhh it's actually me LOL xD xD

amir_keal 6 years ago

Emobot7

Je peux vous assurer que ce serait une idée géniale, surtout quand vous savez à quel point mon français est génial :)

Je peux vous assurer que ce serait une idée incroyable, surtout quand on sait combien grande est mon français :)

Which is better? I honestly doubt it they are both as bad as each other hahaha

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited

@amir_keal: The first is slightly "better"... but mainly the second part of both sentences are just weird and funny. You're like trying to say that your french is big? or genius 😣🤣

Btw if you want french threads I would probably make some comments, but most importantly, the topics should be interesting regardless of the language... like about baguettes lol

• History

The first is slightly "better"... but mainly the second part of both sentences are just weird and funny. You're like trying to say that your french is big? or genius 😣🤣

Btw if you want french threads I would probably make some comments, but most importantly, the topics should be intetesting regardless of the language... like about baguettes lol

amir_keal 6 years ago

Well, they do say I don't speak a lot of French, rather I speak only big and genius french :)

_Pelle_ 6 years ago

@Emobot7: rip Aznavour

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Pelle Oui, j'ai entendu la nouvelle ce matin. :( C'est une tragédie. For those who talk in English and don't know who Charle Aznavour was, you could have compared him to the like of Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin. His death will be an huge blow in France. :(