Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UEFA Champions League 2023
Comments
Footy_watch 4 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1866

I thought we would get past porto until our recent capitulation. Now I expect porto to knock us out and I hope they do because I want Arteta to leave this club as soon as possible. The sooner the better because we won't win anything as long as he's in charge.

Emobot7 4 months ago
538 11435

@Footy_watch At the very least, if Arsenal want to do good against Porto, they need to find back some confidence, last 3 weeks just been super dissapointing for you guys and I hope that things get better. Who know, maybe the bad results convince the owner to invest in the winter transfer window?

Emobot7 3 months ago
538 11435

Okay, first few games of the knockout round have started.

The big surprise is Lazio beating Bayern at home but a 1-0 cushion is not enough when the next game is gonna take place in Munich.

PSG and City both got relatively convincing win against their respective opponent and it feel like it would take something special for them to be eliminated in this round.

As for Real, they had a complicated game against Leipzig but they did everything they had to do considering the situation, now they just need a favorable results at home and they are through.

Next week will have some of the most interesting games yet in Inter vs Atletico and Barca vs Napoli.

Footy_watch 3 months ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1866

This is why I'm sick of Arteta. He has continued his diabolical form in Europe. We had 0 shots on target for 90min against porto.

But on the bright side we always score many goals against porto at home.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

This is why I'm sick of Arteta. He has continued his diabolical form in Europe. We've been knocked out by average teams at the Emirates in europa league despite avoiding defeat in the first leg away from home every season.

We had 0 shots on target for 90min against porto, a draw wasn't good enough! We are not going through now. I don't care if by a miracle we win the premier league, Arteta must be sacked.

This is why I'm sick of Arteta. He has continued his diabolical form in Europe. We've been knocked out by average teams at the Emirates in europa league despite avoiding defeat in the first leg away from home every season.

We had 0 shots on target for 90min against porto. But on the bright side we always score many goals against porto at home.

_Pelle_ 3 months ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6891

That was hard to watch

Emobot7 3 months ago
538 11435

I missed the Arsenal vs Porto game and watched Barca vs Napoli, mind you it wasn't a very good game either but at least, both team try to play football. Not that I critic Porto for what they did, but for us neutral or fan of the opposing team, it wasn't a great show.

Footy_watch 2 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1866

The quarter finals are looking good:

Real Madrid
Man City
Bayern Munich
PSG

Next week it will be the following teams going through:

Arsenal
Inter Milan
Napoli
Dortmund

I hope we get napoli or dortmund or even Inter in the QFs

Footy_watch 2 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1866

Finally we broke the curse and are through to the QFs for the first time since 2010. I can't believe its been that long.

Now I hope we avoid Inter because I can't stand teams who play like Porto. We would do well against every other team.

Emobot7 2 months ago
538 11435

@Footy Very stereotypical thing to say, though Inter are able to lock a game and limit the football their opponent play, they are so complete that they really don't need to play like that most of the time. Just take a look at how they played against Atletico in the first legs. They constantly were attacking and played brillant football.

Anyway, not a lot of surprise yet in those legs, maybe we'll see some today? PSV making it through would be unexpected. We'll see.

Footy_watch 2 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1866

Just saw a crazy stat. Every season since 2016/17 the team who has knocked Porto out has gone on to reach the UCL final. I hope we can continue this record.

Footy_watch 2 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1866

We got the hardest side of the draw but I'm happy we got Bayern as they are much weaker. I expect the semis to be Arsenal vs City and PSG vs Atletico. Then Arsenal vs PSG in the final.

DarthFooty 2 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 37 1104

Champions League quarterfinal draw:
Arsenal vs. Bayern Munich

Atlético Madrid vs. Borussia Dortmund

Real Madrid vs. Manchester City

Paris Saint-Germain vs. Barcelona

Champions League semifinal draw:
Atlético Madrid / Borussia Dortmund vs Paris Saint-Germain / Barcelona

Arsenal / Bayern Munich vs. Real Madrid / Manchester City

Footy_watch 27 days ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1866

Oh yes both Spanish teams got knocked out. PSG vs Dortmund in the semis. Now we need it to be City vs Arsenal in the next semis

_Pelle_ 27 days ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6891

Tbh we were lucky

Footy_watch 26 days ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1866

PSG weren't lucky, it was revenge for the 6-1 robbery by barca