Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UEFA Champions League 2023
Comments
_Pelle_ 6 months ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6891

It is the toughest group in the UCL and ppl expecting PSG to reach playoff. I am not too concerned about the losses.

Even if there is no Messi or Neymar I still like that they are trying move on with younger or homegrown talent.

btw at hindsight… selling Neymar was a good move considering his injury.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It is the toughest group in the UCL and ppl expecting PSG to reach playoff. I am not too concerned about the loss.

Even if there is no Messi or Neymar I still like that they are trying move on with younger or homegrown talent.

btw at hindsight… selling Neymar was a good move considering his injury.

DarthFooty 6 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 37 1104

Group F is crazy and still wide open.

Emobot7 6 months ago
538 11435

@Pelle Well said, getting rid of Neymar and Verratti and bringing him Zaire-Emery and Ugarte were a great move by PSG. I do think the biggest problem with a team like PSG will be consistency, I mean they got a nice project going right now but they will need to change how they set up in attack if M'bappe leave next summer.

Emobot7 6 months ago
538 11435

So United can still qualify but they need to beat Bayern (not easy especially considering they'll be angry about failing to win 18 times in a row in the group stage) and hope Copenhagen and Galatasaray draw, thats not looking good I won't lie.

Arsenal are through and they managed to take their vengeance on Lens.

Another crazy game for me was Benfica vs Inter. Benfica CL season is really a mess, still don't understand how they go and squander a 3-0 lead. That still mean everything is possible in term of finishing first in group D as both Inter and Sociedad are on 11 point and play their final game one against the other.

As for the group of dead, aka group F, PSG deserved a result against Newcastle if only in term of quality but honestly what was that pen, honestly didn't feel like it should have been given, I feel like there actually a worst hand-ball incident earlier in the game as well. Congrats to Dortmund for qualifying though, would be nice to see them finishing in first place in their group as well.

Footy_watch 5 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1866

We have the best goal difference in the champions league despite City having an easier group than us. We would have a chance at winning the champions league if we sign a clinical striker but I trust Arteta to mess this opportunity up just like our last January transfer window.

Emobot7 5 months ago
538 11435

@Footy_watch I mean, you guy dropped 200 millions euros on Rice, Havertz and Timber this summer and considering how rare clinical strikers are nowaday, it might be complicated to get one with your current budget (like, I have no idea how much Arsenal can spare but my guess would be not that much).

DarthFooty 5 months ago

So glad I don't bet money on these matches. haha

I did not expect to see Man United booted out, nor Sevilla and Benfica. Group F is still a hot zone going into the last match day of the round.

Been a good tourney so far and looking forward to the next rounds.

DarthFooty 5 months ago

Group stage is done and we have some surprise placements......

Real Sociedad won their group!
Copenhagen comes out of Group A, seeing Galatasaray head to Europa and Man Utd bow out!
Sevilla finishes last in Group B
Group of Death was all it was built up to be.

Should be a solid next round.

Emobot7 5 months ago Edited
538 11435

Yeah, really interesting stuff, got only 3 nation who toped their group though, 4 spanish, 2 german and 2 english sides. Thats pretty crazy imho. Kind of show which nation are the favorite to win it all as well.

The second place teams most other clubs would rather not get is not doubt PSG and Inter (even if they both feel weaker than last season).

Honestly, other than Dortmund and Real Sociedad (maybe Barca if their current form don't improve next year), I don't see a lot of first place teams that could get eliminated by those in the second pot.

I catched the Man U vs Bayern and the Dortmund vs PSG games and I thought they were relatively entertaining despite not being goalfest. On the other hand, I think thats the most beautifull defensive action I seen all season long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkpZe81u_Yk

Finally, I did a simulation of the knockout round draw and this is what I got: enter image description here

Somehow, I feel this is quite realist considering past draw and I kinda hope it happen because some of those scenario are just too funny. Like the 3 italians team playing 3 spanish sides or PSG immediatly getting Bayern after finishing second of their group.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yeah, really interesting stuff, got only 3 nation who toped their group though, 4 spanish, 2 german and 2 english sides. Thats pretty crazy imho. Kind of show which nation are the favorite to win it all as well.

The second place teams people would rather not get is not doubt PSG and Inter (even if they both feel weaker than last season).

Honestly, other than Dortmund and Real Sociedad (maybe Barca if their current form don't improve next year), I don't see a lot of first place teams that could get eliminated by those in the second pot.

I catched the Man U vs Bayern and the Dortmund vs PSG games and I thought they were relatively entertaining despite not being goalfest. On the other hand, I think thats the most beautifull defensive action I seen all season long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkpZe81u_Yk

Finally, I did a simulation of the knockout round draw and this is what I got: enter image description here

Somehow, I feel this is quite realist considering past draw and I kinda hope it happen because some of those scenario are just too funny. Like the 3 italians team playing 3 spanish sides or PSG immediatly getting Bayern after finishing second of their group.

Footy_watch 5 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1866

Thats it, this was the last ever group stage in the UCL. Looking forward to next season's new format group stage.

I want us to get PSG. It is the most difficult game. Maybe Mbappe seeing the Emirates stadium and if we knock them out he may consider coming to Arsenal to be the next Thierry Henry.

_Pelle_ 5 months ago

If I know PSG and their luck well… it’s going to be or Real Madrid in the first round.😒🥱

_Pelle_ 5 months ago

If I’m correct… what makes it extra hard to predict is that teams from same countries, Spain and Italy, are all in the same seeded/unseeded group.

Emobot7 5 months ago
538 11435

@Footy_watch Haha, that would be cool but sadly I doubt thats even a possibility. Not that I blame you for imagining it though, its every one dream to have M'bappe play for your team.

If I know PSG and their luck well… it’s going to be or Real Madrid in the first round.😒🥱

This would be a very PSG thing to do but to be fair, unless this PSG team wake up, its not gonna matter much who they draw because all of those are very good and playing better than them right now (with the exception of Barca maybe). Much can sense with time though.

If I’m correct… what makes it extra hard to predict is that teams from same countries, Spain and Italy, are all in the same seeded/unseeded group.

Correct, the only team we know for sure which won''t be able play all the other possible team but one is Leipzig which cannot play Dortmund, Bayern and City. Pretty good for them honestly, just hope they won't get Real instead. As for the others, they can play anyone who wasn't in their group.

Footy_watch 5 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1866

I saw somewhere it was predicted we would get Porto and City would get Copenhagen. I'm happy with the draw.

All of the matches have a clear favourite except for 3.
We don't know who will come out of the barca vs napoli, psg vs sociedad, inter vs atletico matches.

Emobot7 5 months ago
538 11435

Wow, most lucky PSG draw in recent years. If they don't win this, people will have a right to make fun of them for real. Also, unlucky draw for Sociedad.

Copenhagen unlucky, get out of the group with Man U and Bayern only to end up playing last year champion on the first knockout stage game.

BVB vs PSV should be good I think, I think people expect Dortmund to win but don't sleep on PSV, they got some decent potential.

This Arsenal team should hopefully be able to take this Porto team without too much trouble.

Both Bayern and Real should easily get through their respective games.

Barca vs Napoli is interesting as both team are not in the best of form right now, it might depend on who get back on track before its too late.

Inter vs Atletico should be a pretty even game with low amount of goal and high level defending from both side. Still think Atletico will do it this time.

DarthFooty 5 months ago

Unfortunate draw for the "little" guys, but they knew they would be punching up the whole CL anyway, so just plays into the underdog narrative.

-Arsenal should get by Porto, but it won't be a walk in the park.
-Napoli vs Barca is interesting because Barca is going through some things. I want to favor Barca, but I can see them getting bounced against Napoli
-PSG should beat RS.
-Inter vs Atletico Madrid will be a good series. Inter's defense is better than AM and both offenses are solid, so I favor Inter.
-BVB is my pick vs PSV but I agree, this won't be an easy pass.
-Bayern should clear Lazio
-Man City should get by Copenhagen
-Real Madrid should beat RBL

quikzyyy 5 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

most dull draw in recent years

Footy_watch 5 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 24 1866

most dull draw in recent years

When was it ever interesting until the quarter finals

Midnighteagle 5 months ago
Arsenal, England 0 10

I bet Real Madrid will win the tournament this year, despite the large number of injured players