Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Top ten for Ballon d'or
Marshall2118 6 years ago
Paris Saint Germain 5 88

If you had to give the list of the top 10 for the ballon d'or tomorrow what would it be?

(I ask this because I feel like a lot of players have performed well last season and i find it difficult to give an order).

Comments
Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Problem is when you play so well consistently over time people forget he has set the bar so high.

Ledley 6 years ago

In no order:

Rakitic
Coutinho
Messi
Ramos
Bale
Marcelo
De Gea
Salah
Ronaldo
Kane

EdgarEAM 6 years ago Edited
2 241

Dynastian98, Cool.

But i believe in data, science, stats and graphics. There are lot studies, paper research about comparing best players based on objective point (data), i invite u to search in google some studies, by example I invite u to read this (its not related to this forum thread, but its about football).

https://dashee87.github.io/data%20science/python/home-advantage-in-football-leagues-around-the-world/

U have reason its hard to determinate objective who are better, its complex, its a team sport. We have 11 persons moving and doing somethings in field.

But, i make another ranked system >D, its less flawed than another, its possible to stats from Whoscored.com
In summary its about points ranked, 30% is goals, 20% assists, 20% Offensive stats, 15% Passing stats, 15% Defensive stats. That percentage is arbitrary by mi intention is give more importance to goals, assist and offensive stats than passing and defensive stats. My old system was 100% based in goals. The new system is only 30%. I thin its a good progress =).

So, and the list? Is here
enter image description here

I show u only the final result after a lot stats, i used from column A to CR in excel, make the idea about how many stats are there .

The list is
1 Cristiano ROnaldo
2 Eden Hazard
2 Leonel Messi
3 Kylian Mbppe
3 Harry Kane
3 Mohamed Salah
4 Luka Modrik
4 Grizman
5 Raphael Varane

Like u see there many players with the same positions its due they have around the same points.

Pd. One thing more i only consider stats from League and Continental competitions (Champions League), but if u consider World Cup i think there will be few moves like Messi falling in the list, Mbappe going up, same thing from Modric and Kane.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Dynastian98, Cool.

But i believe in data, science, stats and graphics. There are lot studies, paper research about comparing best players based on objective point (data), i invite u to search in google some studies, by example I invite u to read this

https://dashee87.github.io/data%20science/python/home-advantage-in-football-leagues-around-the-world/

U have reason its hard to determinate objective who are better, its complex, its a team sport. We have 11 persons moving and doing somethings in field.

But, i make another ranked system >D, its less flawed than another, its possible to stats from Whoscored.com
In summary its about points ranked, 30% is goals, 20% assists, 20% Offensive stats, 15% Passing stats, 15% Defensive stats. That percentage is arbitrary by mi intention is give more importance to goals, assist and offensive stats than passing and defensive stats. My old system was 100% based in goals. The new system is only 30%. I thin its a good progress =).

So, and the list? Is here
enter image description here

I show u only the final result after a lot stats, i used from column A to CR in excel, make the idea about how many stats are there .

The list is
1 Cristiano ROnaldo
2 Eden Hazard
2 Leonel Messi
3 Kylian Mbppe
3 Harry Kane
3 Mohamed Salah
4 Luka Modrik
4 Grizman
5 Raphael Varane

Like u see there many players with the same positions its due they have around the same points.

Pd. One thing more i only consider stats from League and Continental competitions (Champions League), but if u consider World Cup i think there will be few moves like Messi falling in the list, Mbappe going up, same thing from Modric and Kane.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Wow, you sure you are not an extreme fan of Ronaldo? :D

Science, research??? Actually: you believe on any goal stats that lead to Ronaldo's victory, which is basically all of your posts... incredible.

Your first 2 posts are kinda enough to state your opinion, it's quite convincing to be honest. BUT there is a huge huge flaw on those stats. Ofc, Ronaldo is an incredible player, no doubt one of the best in history, but the last few ones have benefited on an incredible team.

Everyone entitles to his/her own opinion, sure, similar google search on Messi or Salah would result in a bunch of result. Your argument regarding goals sound incredible hard to swallow.

I suggest you to search about team play, defender, goalie etc... not just score or goals. Google on key pass, assists, dribble, the type of through passes that put striker on clear scoring chances. Do a bit of research on tactic too, how defend might earn you title as much as goals.

The likes of De Gea, Canavaro, VIdic, Terry, etc...

• History

This is another extreme fan of Ronaldo :D

Science, research??? Actually: you believe on any goal stats that lead to Ronaldo's victory, which is basically all of your posts... incredible.

You dont have to repeatedly post stuffs again and again, your first 2 posts are kinda enough to state your opinion. Ronaldo is an incredible player, no doubt one of the best in history, but the last few ones have benefited on an incredible team.

Everyone entitles to his/her own opinion, similar google search on Messi or Salah would result in a bunch of result. Your argument regarding goals sound incredible hard to swallow.

I suggest you to search about team play, defender, goalie etc... not just score or goals. Google on key pass, assists, dribble, the type of through passes that put striker on clear scoring chances. Do yourself a favor and check how team sport work, how defend might earn you title.

You dont have to repeatedly post those stuffs, your first 2 posts are kinda enough to state your opinion. Ronaldo is an incredible player, no doubt one of the best in history, but the last few ones have benefited on an incredible team.

Everyone entitles to his/her own opinion, sure, similar google search on Messi or Salah would result in a bunch of result. Your argument regarding goals sound incredible hard to swallow.

I suggest you to search about team play, defender, goalie etc... not just score or goals. Google on key pass, assists, dribble, the type of through passes that put striker on clear scoring chances. Do yourself a favor and check how team sport work, how defend might earn you title.

The likes of De Gea, Canavaros, VIdic, Terry, etc...

Your first 2 posts are kinda enough to state your opinion, it's quite convincing to be honest. BUT there is a huge huge flaw on those stats. Ofc, Ronaldo is an incredible player, no doubt one of the best in history, but the last few ones have benefited on an incredible team.

I suggest you to search about team play, defender, goalie etc... not just score or goals. Google on key pass, assists, dribble, the type of through passes that put striker on clear scoring chances. Do a bit of research on tactic too, how defend might earn you title as much as goals.

The likes of De Gea, Canavaros, VIdic, Terry, etc...

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Hard to give someone credibility when they don't even spell a player's name correctly on a consistent basis...

2 241

Than.jinn that enough for this time, maybe in a future i can do more research about football, players, skill, defensive stats, offensive stats, passing stats, goals, assist and other things(And believe me i know a lot things, bigger part thanks to video-games LOL).

And I'm not a fan of Ronaldo, in fact i'm not fan of anybody player, Because if u are fan of someone ur analysis is biased.
If u ask me what style play like me more into Messi and Ronaldo, i will say U messi style. Because i liked that style, now if u ask me who player did have best in this season, according to my tables is ROnaldo.

Come on Dynastian98, don't kidding me. Just i spell incorrectly a player's name and i lost all my argument? 👶👶

• History

Than.jinn that enough for this time, maybe in a future i can do more research about football, players, skill, defensive stats, offensive stats, passing stats, goals, assist and other things(And believe me i know a lot things, bigger part thanks to video-games LOL).

And I'm not a fan of Ronaldo, in fact a not fact of anybody player, Because if u are fan of someone ur analysis is biased.
If u ask me what style play like me more into Messi and Ronaldo, i will say U messi style. Because i liked that style, now if u ask me who player was best in this season, according to my tables is ROnaldo.

Come on Dynastian98, don't kidding me. Just i spell incorrectly a player's name and i lost all my argument? 👶👶

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

I love making arguments with another people 😍😍

Yes Ronaldo has an incredible team, but almost everybody nominates to Ballon d or has an incredible team in his back.
One curious event, Ronaldo had an incredible team in his back that won only 3 of 9 leagues (notice the sarcasm 😅😅)

Last point more, how u define a victory in football? More goals scored, less goals granted?.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

First part is true.

2nd, the problem is, all these awards has turned into a big popularity contest.

And more of a striker award which we have golden boot for. When looking at an individual award, influences on the team, games must be taken into account. If u look at Barca last season, that was probably the worst Barca since a long time. While Real had: best 2 mids, best 2 wingers, 2 potentially best SF... And Ramos who can save the day. Ronaldo did score important goals, but half of the season he was off.

Salah had a real good year, and very influencial. so did KDB. Mbappe too. But no one beats Modric in my book.

Then the entertaining part, Messi probably will alway be top, then Ronaldo...

A win is of course to have higher score, but for example, Mou's style... Cant stand it. i envy the team I hate: Man City. Being in their stadium under Pep probably has a lot of time to cheer for

• History

First part is true.

2nd, the problem is, all these awards has turned into a big popularity contest.

And more of a striker award which we have golden boot for. When looking at an individual award, influences on the team, games must be taken into account. If u look at Barca last season, that was probably the worst Barca since a long time. While Real had: best 2 mids, best 2 wingers, 2 potentially best SF... And Ramos who can save the day. Ronaldo did score important goals, but half of the season he was off.

Salah had a real good year, and very influencial. so did KDB. Mbappe too. But no one beats Modric in my book.

Then the entertaining part, Messi probably will alway be top, then Ronaldo...

A win is of course to have higher score, but for example, Mou's style... Cant stand it. i envy the team I hate Man city. Being in their stadium under pep probably has a lot of time to cheer for

2 241

HAHAHAH, 😄😄

do u have a loudish neighborhoods? LOL.
Well, u have one positive thing u can watch in pitch to Premier League Champions , hahahahah.

I'm kidding man.

Now, seriously. Related to Modric in my huge table in almost all ranking he is in 5 or 6th place, but he highlighted so much in

Champions in Passing stats, 2nd behind K De Bruyne
Champions in Defensive stats 2nd, behind Varane
League in Defensive stats 2nd, behind Varane
League in Passing stats 3rd behind Bryne and Messi

And He has a low ranking in Offensive stats in League and in Champions

So, An analysis of that players in this season is that He is incredible in Defensive and in Passing stats (So he is good in Tackle, interceptions, clearances, blocks, crosses, long passes, through ball) but he lack in offensive stats like shoots, dribbles, goals, assist). Like i said u before i rank better last stats than Defensive stats. It because I believe u win a match while more goals u score.

I keep my list Salah 3 place and Modrid 4 place. 🙂

• History

HAHAHAH, 😄😄

Well, u have one positive thing u can watch in pitch to Premier League Champions , hahahahah.

I'm kidding man.

Now, seriously. Related to Modric in my huge table in almost all ranking he is in 5 or 6th place, but he highlighted so much in

So, An analysis of that players in this season is that He is incredible in Defensive and in Passing stats (So he is good in Tackle, interceptions, clerances, blocks, crosses, long passes, throungh ball) but he lack in offensive stats like shoots, dribbles, goals, assits). Like i said u before i rank better than Defensive stats. It becuase I believe u win a match while more goals u score.

HAHAHAH, 😄😄

I'm kidding man.

So, An analysis of that players in this season is that He is incredible in Defensive and in Passing stats (So he is good in Tackle, interceptions, clearances, blocks, crosses, long passes, through ball) but he lack in offensive stats like shoots, dribbles, goals, assist). Like i said u before i rank better than Defensive stats. It because I believe u win a match while more goals u score.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

lack in dribble? yet he is one of the hardest player to steal the ball from after messi, neymar and hazard. lack in stats like shoot? yet scores most of his goal outside the box. again numbers failed to describe modric.

• History

lack in dribble? yet he is one of the hardest player to steal the ball from after messi, neymar and hazard. lack in stats like shots? yet scores most of his goal outside the box. again numbers failed to describe modric.

2 241

Bald Genius "hard to steal the ball" is not dribbling, is Holding the ball.

Lack of Shoots. Yes comparing all nominates to Ballon d or, He is only better than Varane. But u are confusing things, one thing is "shoots" and another "goal zone from "outside the box"".

Most off his goals outside the box? Wait how many goals he scored in 2017-18 season in League? 1 Goal. And in Champions League? 1. U are right in fact all of his goals in that season was outside the box, but that just was 2 goals. Come on bald genius that isn't a good point for nothing.

What are u trying to say, maybe that Modric is a beast in goals from outside box? Well that's false. We have beasts like Countinho and Neymar with 0.3 goals scored from outside box per game, while Modric has a regular 0.1 We have a difference around 3x.

So, number doesn't fail to describe Modric, U failed to interpret that numbers correctly.

• History

Bald Genius "hard to steal the ball" is not dribbling, is Holding the ball.

Lack of Shoots. Yes comparing all nominates to Ballon d or, He is only better than Varane. But u are confusing things, one thing is "shoots" and another "goal zone from "outside the box"".

Most off his goals outside the box? Wait how many goals he scored in 2017-18 season in League? 1 Goal. And in Champions League? 1. U are right in fact all of his goals in that season was outside the box, but that just was 2 goals. Come on bald genius that isn't a good point for nothing.

What are u trying to say, maybe that Modric is a beast in goals from outside box? Well that's false. We have beasts like Countinho and Neymar with 0.3 goals scored from outside box , while Modric has a regular 0.1 We have a difference around 3x.

So, number doesn't fail to describe Modric, U failed to interpret that numbers correctly.

2 241

U was saying somehitng related to holding the ball, well, Guess something. I use that in one stat its about dispossessed per game. That stat is inside Offensive stats.

And yeah, u have reason its seem soo hard steal the ball to him "dispossessed the ball"he has 0.8 Dispossessed per game. He is second better after Varane in League. Whats about CHampions League. There are some changes, he fall to 3th place after Varane and Cristiano Ronaldo, him number increase from 0.8 to 1.5 Dispossessed per game.

In summary, u are confusing Dribbles with Dispossessed per game.
And You used a nonsense idea about most goals outside the box, this is nonsense because he only scored 2 goals in all season, too low number to considerate for some analysis.

• History

U was saying somehitng related to holding the ball, well, Guess something. I use that in one stat its about dispossessed per game. That stat is inside Offensive stats.

And yeah, u have reason its seem soo hard steal the ball to him "dispossessed the ball"he has 0.8 Dispossessed per game. He is second after Varane in League. Whats about CHampions League. There are some changes, he fall to 3th place after Varane and Cristiano Ronaldo, him number increase from 0.8 to 1.5 Dispossessed per game.

In summary, u are confusing Dribbles with Dispossessed per game.
And You used a nonsense idea about most goals outside the box, this is nonsense because he only scored 2 goals in all season, too low number to considerate for some analysis.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

rubbish you can't hold the ball so long but you have to move, move requires dribbling. really if anyone have less goals outside the box than neymar, they are shit at shooting? modric can take as much as shot as he wants, you are judging him based on the number of shots taken in total which is nonsense because great player doesn't have to shoot everytime. btw cannavaro won the ballon d'or already which disprove your ridiculous goal theory.

Ledley 6 years ago

EdgarEAM - "hard to steal the ball" is not dribbling, is Holding the ball.

Yes it is its called possession. Holding the ball is part of dribbling

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

Bald Genius, come on guy.

Move not always require dribbling

I didn't say that Neymar scored more goals from outside box, i said that Neymar scored more goals from outside box PER GAME, those two last words change a lot.

Yes, Modric can take shots that he wants, but comparing into others 9 nominates to Ballon d Or he is only better than Varane, he just have around 1 shot per game, while others like Ronaldo has 5-6 shoots per game, Bruyne 2 shoots per game

Well, Yeap. Maybe i should make another system from comparing players. And guess something. I have the idea. Its about comparing stats by Position Player. Make a lot tables, For example one for goalkeeper, offensive defenders, defensive defender (looks ridiculous but defenders that keep behind like CB), balanced defender (like someones wingers that help a little in middle field and track back), offensive midfielders, defensive midfielders , balanced midfielders , offensive forwards, defensive forwards, balanced forwards. After all of that. check who get more points in their positions' tables.

That idea i so solid, because its compare by positions and don't care about goals and assist. maybe in a future i make those position's tables.

And Bald-genius, i improve my actual table, going from 100% based in goals to 30%, give me some credit.

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

Ledley, U are agree with me.

Holding the ball is part of dribbling
Holding the ball is not dribbling.

Beside Bald Genius was referring to Dispossessed per game.

10 1583

"moves not requires dribbling", then do you not play it with your feet? passing to get off the pressure is one thing, but getting past 2 players who presses must have some sort of "dribbles". just because modric doesn't take as much long shot as neymar per GAME doesn't mean his shooting is worse than neymar. great credit to build the data stats, but some stat that is low doesn't mean a player is worse than others. if modric decides that passing is a better option why does he needs to shoot? this is why stats like shots per game doesn't really work, chances created per game makes more sense, because by your logic, players who opt to gives thru passes that split defence is never going to win ballon d'or.

come on lol, you say he lacks in dribble? this compilation will make you think again about numbers.

2 241

LOOOL.

U are confusing too much bald genius. I didn't write u that ""moves not requires dribbling"" , I wrote "Move NOT ALWAYS require dribbling".

"just because modric doesn't take as much long shot as neymar per GAME doesn't mean his shooting is worse than neymar" Right. I'm agree with u in that point. Modric and Neymar has around the same goals per shoots.

"if modric decides that passing is a better option why does he needs to shoot? " Right, no reason to shoot.

"chances created per game " Yes i consider that in parameter called "Key passes per game" and less related other "Through balls per game" and another with less relation maybe "crosses per game" because sometimes when u cross a ball u can create a chance, All this parameters are inside passing stats.

" never going to win ballon d'or." Copy and Past from my last message: Well, Yeap. Maybe i should make another system from comparing players. And guess something. I have the idea. Its about comparing stats by Position Player. Make a lot tables, For example one for goalkeeper, offensive defenders, defensive defender (looks ridiculous but defenders that keep behind like CB), balanced defender (like someones wingers that help a little in middle field and track back), offensive midfielders, defensive midfielders , balanced midfielders , offensive forwards, defensive forwards, balanced forwards. After all of that. check who get more points in their positions' tables.

That idea i so solid, because its compare by positions and don't care about goals and assist. maybe in a future i make those position's tables.

"lacks in dribble" Well, he is average in that from all nominates to Ballon d Or 1.8 Dribbles per game in League 5th place of ten players, and 1.5 dribbles per game in Champions 8th place. So, i change my opinion he doesn't lack in dribble, he is an average in that.

"think again about numbers." Nope, that are not going to change i trust in data, analysis, numbers, that make a solid argument with number (more objective opinion) rather than subjective and fanatic comment. What am i going to change? Well my ranking system of players. ,🙂🙂

• History

LOOOL.

U are confusing too much bald genius. I didn't write u that ""moves not requires dribbling"" , I wrote "Move NOT ALWAYS require dribbling".

"just because modric doesn't take as much long shot as neymar per GAME doesn't mean his shooting is worse than neymar" Right. I'm agree with u in that point. Modric and Neymar has around the same goals per shoots.

"if modric decides that passing is a better option why does he needs to shoot? " Right, no reason to shoot.

"chances created per game " Yes i consider that in parameter called "Key passes per game" and less related other "Through balls per game" and another with less relation maybe "crosses per game" because sometimes when u cross a ball u can create a chance, All this parameters are inside passing stats.

" never going to win ballon d'or." Copy and Past from my last message: "Well, Yeap. Maybe i should make another system from comparing players. And guess something. I have the idea. Its about comparing stats by Position Player. Make a lot tables, For example one for goalkeeper, offensive defenders, defensive defender (looks ridiculous but defenders that keep behind like CB), balanced defender (like someones wingers that help a little in middle field and track back), offensive midfielders, defensive midfielders , balanced midfielders , offensive forwards, defensive forwards, balanced forwards. After all of that. check who get more points in their positions' tables."

"That idea i so solid, because its compare by positions and don't care about goals and assist. maybe in a future i make those position's tables."

"lacks in dribble" Well, he is average in that from all nominates to Ballon d Or 1.8 Dribbles per game in League 5th place of ten players, and 1.5 dribbles per game in Champions 8th place. So, i change my opinion he doesn't lack in dribble, he is an average in that.

"think again about numbers." Nope, that are not going to change i trust in data, analysis, numbers, that make a solid argument with number (more objective opinion) rather than subjective and fanatic comment. What am i going to change? Well my ranking system of players. ,🙂🙂

10 1583

what is solid? you rate the midfield below salah whose place is even debatable with messi lol. doesn't matter which ranking he ends up in term of dribble, he is influential to madrid's and croatia success. his role is not even to make no of dribbles because controlling tempo is his game, so I don't get this dribble comparison at the first place. I don't know what kind of changes you are going to make but as of now your case by using no of dribbles and no of shots as arguments are weak and can be irrelevant. eyes don't lie when you see a player perform on the pitch. the fact your great data still doesn't explain how cannavaro, zidane and ronaldinho got their ballon d'or is baffling me.

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

Maybe that will be explained with position's table, and they get so notable superior scored in their positions, i guess.