Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

top 4-20 leagues in Europe
knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Well I wont go in on top 4 there will be to much argument and you all know how i think. But its true that 4 countries leagues stand on a block above all else. Spain, Germany, England and Italy. But what do you think of leagues 4-20? here is what i think. Post your ideas too..

1. League 1 (will maybe in a few years break in to the top-block of leagues much because of the brilliant youth system they have in france very even league with many differnt winners the last few years. But before that there were just 1 team. between 2002 and 08 only Lyon won  and with a squad with good depth they are challenging Merseille and PSG for the tittle this year. Also the bottom and middle teams in league 1 has good class. Probibably the most physical league in europ. With france having many african imigrants almost all teams have those 100 kg muscle mountains as halfbacks)

2. Russian PL (very underrated and has a good amount of money)

7. Portugese Liga zon sagres (Porto, Benfica, Sporting and Braga, there you haev the teams of class in this league)

1. Ukranian league (many good teams and good quality even on the bottom teams in that league. much money involved too. Matalist, Shaktar, Kiev to name a few. Matalist who completely dominated the swedish champions malmö both home and away last year in EL)

2. Eredivisie (Well we can say legues 4-8 are another block. Eredivisie hasnt got quality bottom teams exactly. But top teams are doing good in EL and CL) 

3. The greek league (genaerally good league)

4. Süper lig (no way near what it was a few years ago) 

5. Belgian league (well always been a midldly good leage i think. almost always a belgian team in CL a few in EL)

13. Swizz league (10 league with basel who went suprisingly far in CL actually basel got some competition this year from Grasshopper, but the quality on lower teams are not that good.) 

14. Polish league (usually more succesfull than this year)

1. Romanian League  (got 1,5 half CL places i think, not that i look only t that but...)

16. Swedish league Allsvenskan (would place us even lower but this year our teams arent getting raped atleast in EL. Sidenote. it was almost 10 years ago a swedish team made it toCL

1. Danish league (well its tight between this, the norwegian and the swedish but the danish league only got 12 teams and its more uneven compered to the Swedish)

2. Norwegian league (very very even league. but where is Rosenborg)

3. Austrian bundesliga. (mildly succes in EL over a few years)

4. Scottish League (without Rangers there is very few teams that can challege and as with the danish league too few good teams so they league only has 12 teams...)
Comments
Golden 12 years ago
35 693

I think you mean 5-20. I'm just going to give my top 6:

1. English

2. Spanish
  3. German
  4. Italian
  5. Portuguese
  6. French

Can't deside between Portuguese and French. Porto, Benfica, Sporting and Braga vs PSG, Lyon, Marseille and Montpellier. That's hard.

Can't comment on the rest due to the fact that I've never followed those leagues too much (except the Russian as well as the Turkish to some extent).

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I think Bundesliga is waay more interesting than La Liga. Take Munich VS Leverkusen: how often do you see a game like that in La Liga ?

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@ramaboy10 
What do you mean like this?
Bundesliga is amazing by the way

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

My top 5

1. Italian
  2. English
  3. Spanish
  4. French
  5. German

6. Greek (haha no jk)
JuanMata10 12 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

i agree with Golden

knibis 12 years ago

uhm, they happen ramaboy.... people who watch la liga notice, Barcelona-Hercules also that season. Real  - zaragosa. You seem really stupid @ramaboy10. btw did you think dortmund and bayern would go an entire season without losses? Bundesliga everyone beats everyone...

@golden dont agree with you..

And about the english league.it seams like everyone has that league as their first league they watch annd therefor must deffend that they think that league is the best. People think teams behind real and Barca in la liga are shit but thats because real and Barca are so extreamly good. overall liga BBVA has a really good class to it. so my list would be 1. Spain 2. Germany 3. England and 4. Italy.
I mean look at EL.. Spanish middle team dominats. look ath CL spanish top team dominates.
I also like how every ignorant PL fan thougt Shalke 04 was some B team that would come to Emirates and get cruched. It was Bundesliga 3rd team against PL 3rd team ofcourse both teams gonna have great chance to win that match. People seriosly think that just because like the brittish chennel Sky sports talks more about PL it must be better... derp....

might be a reason for that Spain offically is the number 1 league right now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Current_ranking 

And people might say La liga is not interesting or competetive. Like i said in the top post the compedativeness is not what defines the best league.. then the swedish league would be best.

La liga always have tough battles for the tittle, always tough battles for CL places where like 7 are involved. and there never is a real bottom team. its almost like 10 team fighting to avoid relegation..

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@ramaboy10 if you mean that Bayern lost and how often do we see a match like this in La Liga you should know that Madrid already lost 2 times from Getafe and Sevilla...

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

@knibis,

First of all, it is my very own viewpoint. Everyone are entitled to their opinions, right?

Teams under Real and Barca are obviously not "shit". They're decent. Well, most of them. Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Malaga and Atheltic Bilbao. Good teams.

However, you're wrong when you say Barca and Real - remember that I support Real - are extremely good. They're not on any higher level than top teams like United, City, Chelsea, Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus and a few others. I don't understand where you get that from? Fine, we have Ronaldo, Barca has Messi. But disregarded those two machines, there isn't much of a difference.

And stop being silly. I can't take you serious when you say mediocre Spanish teams "dominates". Lol, did you ever see Getafe, Real Zaragoza, Mallorca, Real Betis, Levante etc. "dominate"? If so, please tell me!

And lastly: No, La Liga doesn't have tough battles for the title. Or yes, maybe between Real and Barca, but with other teams in the picture - no.

devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

it's kinda true what knibis is saying. BUT, people would prefer to watch what ENTERTAINS them the most. With the EPL being fast paced, more aggressive, and extremely unpredictable etc. then people would rather watch that than boring games, no matter how good the teams are. I love watching the teams in the bottom 3 of the EPL fight for their place to stay in the league, I think that's just as good as watching 2 top team playing against each other. But watching teams in the bottom 3 of any other league (whether that's la liga, bundesliga, serie a etc.)       ......fuck me, that's so boring to watch! well, from what I've experienced anyway. And that's why the PL is so great. Some teams may not have the class as some spanish/german teams and so on, but it's ALOT more entertaining to watch, so that's why so many people prefer the PL to any other league, purely because of entertainment.

1.EPL
2.Bundesliga
3.Serie a
4.la liga
5.french

ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

1.Bundesliga, Dortmund, Munich, Schalke and even Frankfurt this year.

1. EPL, Chelsea, Man U, City, Arsenal, Spurs
  2. Serie A, Milan, Inter, Napoli, Roma, Juventus
  3. Russia, Zenit, Moscow, Anzhi
regli11 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 37 227
  1. English
  2. German
  3. Italian 
  4. Spanish
  5. French
KERMANI_CAVANI 12 years ago
Inter, Canada 5 797

English- Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs 
Spanish- Barcelona, R. Madrid, Atl Madrid, Malaga, Valencia
German- B.Munich, Dortmund, Shalke, B.Leverkusen, Frankfurt
Italian- Juventus, Napoli, Inter, Lazio, A.C
French- PSG, Lyon, Marseille, Lille, Montpellier
Russian- CSKA, Anzi, Zenit, Spartak, Rubin Kazan 

knibis 12 years ago

but guys this thread was about top 5-20 lol

so what do you think?

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

Yeah, I kinda turned it into 1-5. I don't believe enough of us have that much to say or very much knowledge about leagues other than the six you know + maybe Russian.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@knibis: I agree with you about 5-10 with the exception that I would put the Eredevisie (Duthc League) as #6. I think their clubs always produce such excellent quality players and many of them like to play open attractive football. Of course, there is the big 3 there but that comes with most leagues. As for 10-20 I do not know enough to comment.