Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

To all the footyroom users
ynadamas 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Belgium 12 70

These days, I see people using words like "fuck" or "motherfucker" in many languages. I think it's very rude and sometimes very racist. I saw a highlight of Japan vs Syria and what I saw is that many people were posting many things like "Syria is a loser", "How can Syria even play football?". We all know that Syria is in a bad situation right now, but some people don't understand it and starts to make fun of football fans in Syria. I feel very sad when I see those comments. Please do not use any words like "fuck" or "motherfucker". It's very rude and disrespectful. We are all football fans. #NoToRacism

Comments
Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Agreed. #NoToRacism

Sorry if I was not active to clean the comments on highlights. I don't have a computer right now. I am trying to enter FR from my phone but it has limited internet. And it is very slow.

onze11 8 years ago
Barcelona, Haiti 29 123

No To Racism and foul language. You get a yellow card for every foul language, right mods?

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I swear more than I should, but never in a manner that could be deemed racist... correlation does not imply causation.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

lol it's racist to say 'fuck' now? Some people get so easily offended. I couldn't care less if some random on the internet uses foul language. And pretty sure it's the anonymous cunt users that step over the line in that regard. Again, it's so simple to just ignore them. If you complain about the comments under Syria games, then just have a look on the comments when Israel plays.

DarthFooty 8 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

Time and place for everything in my opinion. Seeing as I am not one to use bad words much, and I try to teach my teams, and people I work with how to think and expand their vocabulary, I do find myself at odds when someone just cusses all the time for no reason. You can express yourself just as easy with normal words.

That said, I agree with some that we are very thin skinned now a days. As a player, military service, and a traveler, I have learned to put on a thick coat when it comes to trash talk and attempts to get a rise out of me. Not everything is directed at me. Not everything is about me. Taking a personal stance is great but be objective and think about what is happening.

Grow up and be a mature adult. You can still be respectful and have an argument or disagree with someone without needing to insult or use bad words. If you choose to cuss all the time, that is fine but expect others to not be a fan and don't get all bent out of shape when someone does not like you.

Just my thoughts. :) By the way, this forum has been pretty good about excising more control. That is a compliment to the users, as well as, the MODs cleaning it up.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

I agree that its pretty sad to see people being so direspectful against Syria and Israel, but there is sadly not much to be done, we live in world full of prejudice and of lack of respect. But the fact is that for many of the troll who say stupid thing like those on the site, we have people like you who care about it and make thread about. I find joy and happiness in that discovery and thank you for showing you care.

MrGoooool 8 years ago
Liverpool, Mexico 27 580

Kind of think of it, it's rude for me, it's annoying. Every video I see fans use foul language. For example, "Fuck Real Madrid" or "Arsenal are shit" it might not be annoying to you guys but to me it's getting old. No offense to the teams I gave example, I actually like Real Madrid.

Lhiggins 8 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Ireland 1 222

how is saying fuck racist whatsoever?

Lhiggins 8 years ago

You must not use this website much if you think racism/trolling/cursing is not common here....... The mods need to clean up this site. Lots of unregistered users.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

why is everyone whining about guest users and swearing all of a sudden. lol this is ridiculous. people troll and people swear. If you don't like it ignore it and watch the highlights. I personally think it's entertaining. And the people complaining are brand new users...that have made an account like a day ago....seriously....you think the site is going to change drastically because you don't like to see the word f-ck. it's the internet and people swear.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

why is everyone whining about guest users and swearing all of a sudden. lol this is ridiculous. people troll and people swear. If you don't like it ignore it and watch the highlights. I personally think it's entertaining. And the people complaining are brand new users...that have made an account like a day ago....seriously....you think the site is going to change drastically because you don't like to see the word fuck. it's the internet and people swear.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

People, it would be nice that if you don't agree with this thread, boycott it instead of posting negative feedback. We all know this thread won't change much on footyroom, but I believe user should be left the freedom to try and sensibilize other to proplem going on the site.

Lhiggins 8 years ago Edited

Yeah great advice Gonzo. Just ignore it instead of easily fixing it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yeah great advice Gonzo. Just ignore it instead of easily fixing it. Moron haha.

• Apr 10, 2016 at 21:04 · comment edited by Emrecan_58