Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

tiki taka
tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Don't get me wrong I love Barcelona and I still expect them to go through even after the 2-0 result. But this tiki-taka style is getting old and teams are learning how to defend against it. We can't use that style of play forever... I was extremely dissapointed at the result which reminded me a lot of the game with Chelsea. It's very pressuring on the team opposing against Barca's tiki taka however it's very EASY to score because our defense is left extremely vulnerable. A decent counter attack from an average team would scare us and Valdes (not saying he's shit because he's very good) is prone to make mistakes.

However I still support our beautiful style of play which has made us the dominate force in Europe, we just need a plan B..

Comments
tdot2barca 11 years ago

BTW deserved win for Milan. 

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Well it's not that they have to change their style of play, but they have to learn to adapt to different playing styles. Look at Real Madrid. They may be counter-attacking monsters, but they only save the best counter-attacking for the more important games. They have learned to dominate possession (against weaker teams), rely on set pieces and crosses (against Manchester United), play a high line (against Barcelona), and many more ridiculous Mourinho tactics. Barcelona on the other hand, only know how to keep possession and corner the opposition. IMO, they have to adapt to different environments and stop relying on just Messi to score the goals. It's a matter of taking more initiative when playing, for both the players and the manager.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Tito who lead them to a great start is incapable of being manager at the moment and left his second manager in charge. Under him you can see the performances have gone down. Barcelona developed this style over a long time and they will not change it weather they win or lose. Pep tried playing around last season and it costed them points and eventually the title. Little by little I'm sure Barcelona will figure out a way to get passed the 10 at the back situation. Shit they might as well just keep possession at the half and watch the clock run down.  

tdot2barca 11 years ago

I agree with both of you. Especially Dynastian. They rely on Messi too much to score goals. I think our wingers are pretty pathetic this season. Pedro either has his really beast moments or really bad moments. Sanchez cannot finish if his life depended on it and this season seems like he doesn't even know how to play the damn sport. Villa never plays. Xavi and Iniesta never shoot from far or never take a shooting opportunity they'd rather square it so someone else scores easily, and they waste a lot of clear cut goal opportunities by doing this. Our full backs are amazing but our center backs are starting to make more mistakes than they should and are extremely vulnerable to counter attacks since they are slow and have too much space behind them (since all of the  Barca squad is in the opposition half due to high pressuring). Might as well do what raimondo said and keep the ball in our half until they are forced to come out of their little holes. & yes the absence of Tito has been a real issue, hope he gets better though.

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Barcelona's style is good "BUT" they should really defend better and also have a decent goalkeeper that's all. Sending all your players forward is a noob move really, there is no deference between defending with 10 players or attacking. there should be a balance on the pitch this is why there is Goalkeeper -> Defenders -> Midfielders -> Strikers. 

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

Surely they need a plan B. I agree with your first comment tdotbarca... your defense is left very vulnerable against counterattacking. They are deadly with TikiTaka but topple when the strategy doesn't work. I rarely see Barca taking long shots outside the penalty area.

In 21 games Sanchez has scored 2 goals.... not comparing anything but just an example that Alvaro Morata has played just 60 minutes for Madrid in two matches and has scored two goals. Sanchez has to do better. Jose Callejon is miles ahead of him in scoring.

As Dynastian said, Madrid adapts its play especially against Barca where they try to press more rather than simply counterattack.

I think Milan is getting through but IT IS CAMP NOU. You can expect Barca to do miracles on their own turf.

devilz 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

sorry for being lazy, but i cant be arsed to read all of that, so sorry if someone has already said this... But why dont barca just purposely defend against good teams for a period of the game? ino ive said this in another post, but i just dont get why they dont. 

tiki_taka 11 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

we need a coach, a real coach. Even guardiola could do nothing against park bus teams. they should using wings last night. iniesta-alba  or  messi-alves, barça should buy a strong forward like Drogba to have different styles. selling etoo was barça 's biggest errors those past years.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

They tried that with Zlatan, though, tiki_taka. 

I think it's just the fact that the rest of the world has been catching up. There's nothing wrong with the tiki-taka style, and indeed, at the start of the season when Vilanova was at the wheel, they had actually made their play even sharper than under Guardiola. I think they just need to find some fresh angles and ways to use the tiki-taka to better effect against teams who try to stifle them.

A nice injection of pace would be my best choice, if it were up to me. Imagine Ozil or Di Maria at Barca, for example. They'd add something which Barca currently haven't got, for all the brilliance of Iniesta and Messi at the front. Sometimes the best way through a tight defense is to sprint around it, instead.

20ROBINVANPERSIE 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 26 349

the thing is it will take a few weeks to find the right form of playing football for barca but by that time other teams will take the chapions league

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@regli what re you on about??? our form is AMAZING 5 losses in the whole SEASON! parking the bus is our weakness... thats all