Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The World Stays Silent
Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

The world erupted.

Last year, terrorists bombed random cities in Europe. Many were sad, many were angry, and many had a lot of strong words for a large group of people. In the thread we had created, I showed my respect to the fallen, condemned the actions of the savages, and hoped one day that we look beyond color and cultures.

The WORLD erupted, and rightfully so.

While such tragedies were taking place, Syria, a country I have called home for 10 years, was brutally destroyed by Bashar, ISIS, and drones from various countries. Forgetting that this is how it all begins. Give a good reason for a kid to hate you, and that kid will trun into an adult with no mercy, no compassion, and lots of hatred.

The majority of the world is silent, and that is an issue.

What makes their blood cheaper than ours? Why are we better than they are? Why do we care about a certain group of humans and neglect the others? The ENTIRE WORLD, including they're OWN brothers and sisters, are ignoring them.

I'm utterly embarrassed at US. WE are supposed to be the smartest of the many species, yet animals would be insulted if compared with us. WE are supposed to look out for one another, unite in good and fight evil with everything we could. It doesn't matter what brings us together; be it football or politics, WE have to get better.

The cries of the women, saying that they will commit suicide because rape imminent hurts me. The videos of news anchors, white helmets, and activists saying, "This could be our last message to the world." completely shatters me.

The world is silent, angry, and hateful. But you and I can make it better. United we stand, divided we fall. I wish the best for you all and hope that football brings us closer every minute of the day. Thank you for letting me share what was in my chest, and enjoy the rest of your morning/afternoon/evening.

Comments
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Ankara-Russian ambassador to Turkey has been shot dead by a Muslim extremist who is also a police officer. Shouting "Allahu Akbar. Remember Aleppo, remember Syria. Our brothers are suffering there. You will all gonna pay"
Not sure they will pay for anything but your sister and mother are under arrest now and you are in your "heaven"

Berlin- Truck attack to Christmas market. At least nine dead. Manu wounded.

Zurich - Attack to Islamic Center. Breaking.

World is getting more and more unlivable place.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Emre

Just because it's more viewable doesn't mean violence is on the uptick. Objectively, there has been less violence recently, yet it's been exposed more to the media. Vietnam is obviously the starting point of violence covered in the media, and the only thing different about the conflicts in the Middle East and Europe today in comparison to the past is that someone is focusing a camera on them.

That being said, I've always been very unconcerned at the possibility of a major war that involves more than one world power (on different sides), but I would also have to blind to ignore the current situation. Putin's actions, the unpredictability of Trump, and the shitshow (sorry) that is the Middle East right now...something big happening that involves world-changing forces in the near future is not out of the question.

I really don't want Turkey and Syria to be a tinderbox for something bigger.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@ sunflash Its sad to think that you cant do anything , because there is always something you can do. Especially as Canadians, we have so much to offer. You can donate to the Red Cross, the United Nations, etc.... You can protest, you can raise awareness and also you can give money to refugees that have come to our countries. It is true that you cannot stop the bloodshed, this crisis is something we will look back on when we are 80 and are grandchildren will ask us what we did, do you want to just say i was hypnotized by the Main stream media and posted shit on instagram and prayed for paris. If you have money, give some away its pretty simple. When turkey was letting refugees cross the MED and greece was letting them into europe I travelled to a refugee camp and volunteered. obv not everyone can do this but dont do nothing, you will regret it.

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016
Showing previous versions of this text.

Sorry to Single you out sunflash - its just you said your basically a bad person because of in-action, but you can change that with the lift of a finger

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

While I don't actually have money right now (university lul), my real point wasn't that I couldn't donate, it's that I didn't, and probably won't, and have already given myself a mental pardon for not doing so.

I did explore the protest route, but I find a protest nothing more than whining if it doesn't have a purpose. There was a campaign on my campus from our Palestinian students regarding Israel's treatment of Palestine where they demanded that the university not work with Israel due to human rights violations. Our university doesn't work with Israel at all (although not for that reason, they just have no connection). The protest could not have been more pointless and edgy. My main issue with protesting is the overfocus on a single issue, but the real reason I don't do it is because of the people involved. <90% of them are beyond reason, and the remaining 10% are blind to it. In the political world, objectivity does not exist, and in a world without objectivity, I do not exist. RIP being politically active.

I did assist in the sponsoring of a Syrian family to my hometown though, but it was just practical, dudes needed a group of people who were willing to sign off on them coming (Canadian immigration lul) and I was mutual friends with the guy who was their real sponsor. There was no real reason not to do it, you know?

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@SunFlash Putin is a very smart man. He will not fall into the trap I believe.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Emre

And because he's smart he knows that he can't let his diplomats be killed without retribution. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if Aleppo is wiped off the face of the Earth before the end of the week.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Helping out that syrIAN FAMILY means something , it counts. In the least they know that not everyone in this country thinks they are terrorists and is bent out of shape for footing the bill to get kids out of war zones. I totally agree with you for the most part, and like i said if you have the money its quite simple. University protests are pretty ridiculous , i remember a local campus of mine had signs up saying , GET rid of gaddafi and all this stuff, im sure they didnt realize that the rebels they were supporting were a bunch of goat f$$cking maniacs, all of the worlds problems get looked at in this binary(left right) viewpoint when it should be looked at with human eyes and not as a political move. it is depressing that most of the worlds problems can be attributed by proxy to the cold-war and it will probably result in the destruction of mother earth via nuclear war- if we dont poison the entire planet before that. wow i just got pretty depressing im sorry. it happens these days - anyways i hope im not preaching, but i will use an old quote from COD - all it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing- or is that from lord of the rings...

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Just watched the video of that animal killing the ambassador.

You never kill the messenger. EVER.

cr7real 7 years ago
Galatasaray, Turkey 0 66

My heart and my feeling with Syria, Halep, My beautiful Country Turkey and people who suffering and people who killed anywhere in the world. They have sorrow and many kind of struggles. I am sorry that we can not help them. We just have pray and supplication to god cause They are our brothers and sisters. We must patient and strength to overcome to this difficult situations . I hope this bad war will be over as soon as possible. We want to peace in over all the world.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Aleppo is saved, Merry christmas, thanks Poutine and Bachar.

Whats funny ( not really for me ), they found western officers with the terrorists in east Aleppo with Israelians and Saudi's, all this mediatic propaganda against Syrian regime was to save French, UK and US officiers fro being killed with the remaining terrorists...

Bachar accepted their surrender and negotiated with western countries to let terrorists/officiers leave Aleppo calmly, i would have hanged them western officiers included French or not. ( war criinals )

See ???? Am i still an extremist ? or just that reality is extreme ?

Peace in midle east.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Aleppo is saved, Merry christmas, thanks Poutine and Bachar.

Whats funny ( not really for me ), they found western officers with the terrorists in east Aleppo, all this mediatic propaganda against Syrian regime was to save French, UK and US officiers fro being killed with the remaining terrorists...

Bachar accepted their surrender and negotiated with western countries to let terrorists/officiers leave Aleppo calmly, i would have hanged them western officiers included French or not. ( war criinals )

See ???? Am i still an extremist ? or just that reality is extreme ?

Peace in midle east.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

IF SOMEONE COULD FIND THIS VIDEO IN ANY MEDIA, ANY...OF ANY COUNTRY. I WOULD GIVE HIM ANYTHING HE WANTS.