Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The season 2011/2012... Top 7 lists etc...
knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

So now finaly after the wistle of the Euro final the Season of 2011/2012 has come to an end.
..It has been an epic seson and here are my point of view..

New Worlds best team: Real Madrid  
what can you say. Mourinho have showed that time makes a differnce, In his second year every thing was in the right place and he beat Barca in the "Liga Final"...                

Top 7: Unexpected succes eams:

(Remi Gaillard - king of trolls, Montpellier fan)

1. Montpellier. Yeah like woah man. They beat the uber-rich club PSG and won League 1 for the first time in their history. Monpellier with League 1`s 13th highest budjet.

2. Levante. like WTF, in the 9 first matches they had 7 wins and 2 drws (1 of the wins against real..)
    finished 6th in the end and took an EL place..  with a low budjet squad of old people who played their hearts out...

3. Juventus. What to say, They maybe are in top 5 in squd strenght on paper but took an slightly unexpected Serie A title. Also much thanks to Euros best player Pirlo who get a rebirth at 33.

4. Parma. When you think Parma you think bottom team but they finnished 8th with 7 straight wins in the end of Serie A

5. Itally- Never thought they would reach the final but there they where. would have been number 1 if they had Won...

6. Chelsea. Even though lucky this must be noticed. Epic that Drogba got that trophy after the Barca match in 2009. The league placement stop Chelsea from going to far up this list.

7. Dortmund. Never thought they would be able to take a second Bundesliga title.
    (If I have forgottan any team in any of my lists please reply. Would maybe have had Bilbao if they didnt finish 10th in La Liga)

Bad luck team/Bad luck player number 1:

Bayern Munich/Robben

Allthough it can be argued wheather its bad luck or just bad they lost the Bundes liga final to BVB (where robben missed a last minute penalty AND an open goal), the Cup final where they lost 5-2 to BVB
, the CL final where robben blew a pen on overtime and finaly Euro where many thought many of the Bayern players would celebrate a Trophy but no... but Robben was worst with his Holland..

Top 7 fails:

1. Holland. 0 points and Robben, nuff said.

2. Villareal. CL semifinalist a couple of years ago. Second place in La Liga 2008, many top 5`s in La Liga..
    Now in SEGUNDA!?

3. Man U. yeah it shows that the midfield falls short. Got beaten by Basel to send them to EL where they got owned on the midfield by Bilbao in both matches and Ajax in 1 match. And to top it off Man City did you know what in the last PL match... 

4. Spurs. Had the 3rd place by a iron grip and in just let it slip. Still they were thinking "maybe we`re gonna play CL atleast, we have the chance from the play-offs" but no, then Chelsea went and won the damn thing pushing Spurs down into EL.

5. Atletico. They had a CL play-off place in their own hands in the race against Malaga. Atletico draw at home(1-1) against Real sociedad in the end of the season, had they won there thay had made it to the 4th place. the Sociedad draw was 1 match before Atletico won against just Malaga. The really sad part was that the 1-1 goal by Real Sociedad came in 90+...   The late goal by Sociedad makes it hard for Atletico to keep Falcao. Ye yes they won th EL but that goal ín minute 90 to place them out of CL make them number 5 on this list...

6. Inter. where were there consistancy. after 7 wins there where 7 defeats or somethng.. Missed CL, big dissapointment

7. Valencia.  Despite the 3rd place there way to many home defeats than im use to. Way to little points this time in La Liga. So unlucky with our key player Banega beeing injured. But he will be back to 2012/2013, YES!

Worlds best national team:
Spain suprised even me in the final. How far can this win streak go.

EUROPE top scorers:
WTF is up with Messi (73 goals) and C.Ronaldo (60 goals)..
It will be hard for someone else to come near this after C.Ronaldo and messi has retired.

Top 5 goals:

1. Topal, Stoke vs Valencia, EL

2. Crouch, Stoke vs City, PL

3. Baptista, Malaga vs Getafe, La Liga

4. C.Ronaldo, Rayo Vallecano vs Real, La Liga

1. Schlaudraff, Hannover vs Hamburg, Bundesliga (this one gives me chills when the ball is in mid air)

Top 7 matches (most are from a nutral perspective so no hate, gotta love many goals):

1. 1-6 MAN U vs MAN CITY ....unexpected
  2. 4-0 Spain vs Italy    ...in the fucking final!?
  3. 4-0 Valencia vs Osasuna   ...0-0 in the 78th minute, 4-0 in minute 89..  complete orgasm
  4. 7-0 Bayern Munich vs Basel      ...rape in second round of CL
  5. 7-0 Valencia vs Genk   ...rape in CL group stage
  6. 3-3 Atletic Bilbao vs Espanyol   ...generally good match
  7. 5-2 Arsenal vs Spurs   ...what a comeback

Top 7 "events":

1. Man City vs QPR 3-2 -- Sunderland vs Man U 0-1    Do need to say anything, 2 goals needed on Overtime and they came for City the PL champion

2. Rayo Vallecano 1-0 -- Villareal 0-1 Atletico Madrid.  For rayo to stay up: Atletico had to win against Villareal while they had to win against Granada. For Villareal to go down thay had to lose and Rayo had to win. In minute 87 it was 0-0 in both matches... Falcao scored for Atletico a minute before 90 and on 90+ Tamudo scored to keep Rayo up.

3. The Egypt blood-bath in the match beetween Al ahly and Al masry

4.The Polish and russian hooligan fight in the Euro.

1. Sevilla fans throwing tennis balls on to field in the beginning of their match against Levante to protest about the fact that their match had been postponed 30 min so The pressconferance from the El Classico that started 2,5 hours earlier would be viewed by many.. (picture under list title)

2. Getafe 0-2 Zaragosa     Getafe usually dont have so many fans at their home game on their arena witch takes up to 20.000 they only have about 4.000. Now about 7.000 Zaragosa supporters had traveled to Madrid to se if their team would stay up (witch they did with a win)...  The Zaragosa supporters were outnumbering the Getafe supporters. 

3. Genoa Ultras refusing the Genoa players to leave the field in their home match against Siena where they were 0-4 down. The Ultras forced the players to give thier shirts to them bucause the players were not worth them.

Hoping for an Awsome 2012/2013 season.. I know my side will strenghen the squad..

Please have a good hart and try to not dislike, this took some time..

Comments
GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

Wow this is a good resume about the season, couple of stuff you didn't picked but in general terms is so nice.

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Veru good post. Thanks. 

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Very nice post!

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

well compiled !!

devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

decent post dont know why you got thumbs down

bloodred1992 12 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

Great post! Looks like you worked hard!

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Well I think you were spot on with much of what you said.  I particularly agree with top 7 disappointments. That said, there are one or two things I might change. If you'd oblige me, here they are:
The top 7 Events: I think this could've been better. I would've included: the unholy TEVEZ SAGA, Balotelli's  "Why Always Me" moment, Delio Rossi making Ljijac his bitch, just to name a few.
Top 5 goals: Not my top 5 but I would def. keep Crouch's goal in there.
Just my 2 cents. GREAT job overall knibis. Keep it up :)
PS - I almost had a seizure watching that Rayo Vallecano video, lol.

awais007 12 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

nice work

VanTheMan 12 years ago
Arsenal 5 263

fantastic post mate! keep it up! 

knibis 12 years ago

@Footaholic nice, yeah I forgot some parts...

knibis 12 years ago

And we can not forget about Quevilly who got to the french cup final and Mirandes who got to the Copa del rey semi-final....  both semi-pro teams playing like pros