Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Final
Rowley 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 193

I thought i would start this thread early because it gives a lot more time for predictions and discussions before the final.
This final is going to be amazing! So guys, lets see what happens tonight and with the final on sunday, put your debates on here if u want.

Comments
tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Its gonna be tight.

Portugal has character, they have been the opposite of their tradition but they still have it in there. They have been lucky and ynlucky at the same time.

I say, they have been lucky to be in the final. But thats football.

They are not 1 man team, Ronaldo had been mediocre most of the time (cant blame him, because of their tactic). But he delivers when the team needs him. Just give him 10 mins and out of nowhere he would tore you a part.

France was rather lucky against Germany, too. I believe Portugal can stop France's attack, although i think France would still win.

tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

^ Feel good to hear an objective view.

In addition to the tactics, more than 70 games in the season, only machines are able to be consistent And fit enough til July. And even machines arent able to resist without getting phisically hurt.

Portugal just scored at ET 10 minutes remaining, one man team my *** amer, And your genius analysis... Without Ronaldo They looked more dangerous And less predictible in the attack. Maybe you convince us that he was Motm of the final, wont even get surprised.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

^ Feel good to hear an objective view.

In addition to the tactics, more than 70 games in the season, only machines are able to be consistent And fit enough til July. And even machines arent able to resist without getting phisically hurt.

Portugal just scored at ET 10 minutes remaining, one man team my *** amer, And your genius analysis...

Salahadin 8 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Portugal just won thank you
Happy for them and for CR7
hate france cuz they injured my main man

they should hae played with Eder he is decent and tall and strong and can hold the ball
ery sad to see CR not play the whole match, but they won the game and played amazing defensiely

Now CR7 just need to win the WC xD

Best player of this generation and ofc 2nd best player of all times after Zizu

:D:D:D

quikzyyy 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Sometimes you need luck to win, but we have seen that Portugal were finally fighting as a team.
Unlucky for France, but congratulations to Portugal

• History

Sometimes you need luck to win, but we have seen that Portugal were finally fighting as a team. For sure they were fighting for Ronaldo as well.
Unlucky for France..

Salahadin 8 years ago

Get rekt in your house france GET REKT

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

^ your favorite team is france?

Salahadin 8 years ago

Yeh but i hated them in this euro and cheered for Germany Portugal Wales cuz of my Madrid homies

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Not happy for Portugal win, as I said before The team lacked experience, not enough veterans in the team And few winners. Payet did wonders but never won anything major in his career, How can you blame him for being underpressure, not Sad for Pogba, this kind of show off players Doesnt make me feel bad for them.
Griezmann best player of the Euros, too close to score just like in CL, he deserved at least a trophy this season, complete season.

Mixed feelings looking at Ronaldo injury, despite not liking the man And specially his fanboys ( not supporters ), I respect the athlete And looking to him missing the final didnt made us happy as many friends of mine watching the game.
Luckily for him his team showed experience and heart, was a ping pong game I knew the first to score would win. Congrats Portugal.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Portugal conceded 1 one goal in the final round.

Those who are saying lucky are downright stupid, no offense. Stopping France, Croatia, Poland and Wales are enough to be deserving champions. Only team who could also deserve it is Italy, other than that, I see no reason why is Portugal so called lucky?

If it was any other team doing the same thing 90% would go on about how strong their defensive line is, so please respect their admirable spirits and congratulate them rather than insulting them. Portugal without ronaldo were the same. Only difference was at the end of the cross. With or without him, they were still strong defensively but still weak in the attack. Nani and Eder played really well, and Raphael Guerro, well, dortmund signed a beast. Rui Patricio is by far man of the match, he saved our asses alongside Pepe and Fonte.

Sissoko really played unusually today, he is frances best player, matuidi also played really well.

The game shows how collective and stubborn Portugals defending team was. In the group stages, they focused more on scoring and playing attack, but after the hungary game, they changed and played defensively relying on aerial battles and counter attacks.

Joa Mario is really slow, his build up, run, pass, everything. But he supported the defense alongside William.

Congrats for Bruno, Ronaldo, pepe and Ricardo. This is probably their last tournament, they deserve this for their country and themselves.

Our future squad looks bright, hope it goes well in the future

Nothing more, now Congratulation Portugal! Your First Euro!

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Well, crap... I wanted France to win, but I gotta say, it was an impressive game, I still think DD could have been smarter but what is done is done. I was sad for Ronaldo and I feel even worse because I feel like I jinxed it, predicting his injury just before the game. I'm still sure Payet never meant to hurt him even though he may have gone in too strongly. Congratulation to Portugal, they were pherhap lucky but I also think they deserved it as much as any other team. While they lacked a bit in the offense departement, they really showed how strong a team can be in defense. Incedible work by Pepe and Fonte, they were very solid. Eder also deserve great praise in my opinion, what a good goal he scored. I'm disappointed but I think the results was deserved. Well done Portugal. :)

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Winning 1 game in 90 minutes in whole tournament and despite that, winning the cup is lucky in my opinion.

Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

People who say Portugal winning this trophy is lucky have not watched Portugal's games. What a fighting spirit they have shown all tournament. A cup is just as much about not losing as it is winning.

Wonderfully deserved champions Portugal. Congrats to them, always had a feeling this would be their year.

rayrex7 8 years ago

@quikzyy for your point of view.

I'm gonna take it as not losing any game the entire tournament.

Same outcome, different perspective.

• 6 games
  • 5 goals conceded, 4 in the group stage, 1 in the final rounds
  • 8 goals scored
  • 3 wins ( 2 wins in ET)
  • 3 draws

Not bad the way I see it.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Well They won it, the goal didnt come in the non existant handball freekick given, the goal was a fair goal And a beatiful one. Portuguese fought with their strenght And weaknesses And handled both perfectly. No team was clearly dominating the tournment so completely deserved.
Italy could have gone far, German had injuries, Poland unlucky, France reached the final with a group of youngsters, Portugal deserved it.

Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Lucky ? Have you seen Pepe in monster mode ? That guy was the best defender in the world for 120 min ! He even threw up in the end . Portugal fought like a unit ! Rui Patricio was pulling stunning saves ! Manager got all his substitutions right and tactically outplayed Deschamps . Giroud was completely useless against Portuguse defense . Defense and counter attacking football is an art which Portuguse executed brilliantly . Sometimes a bit of luck not conceding is needed but discrediting Portugal's victory by calling it mere luck ? I think that is very disrespectful . I personally thought France shouldn't have been in the final in the first place because that referee luck against Germany . Undeserving to me is team that gets referee favors and reaches final . Prior to Germany , France had some of the most easier fixtures compare to Portugal who defeated Croatia ( REAL contenders to win Title ) , Poland ( very solid team ) and Wales ( just as solid ) . While France had heavy underdog teams ! France reaching final is luck .

Congratulate Portuguse fans here and don't disrespect a team that honestly have given their 200% to win the final with players who mostly player to player were less of a quality comparing to France !

• History

Lucky ? Have you seen Pepe in monster mode ? That guy was the best defender in the world for 120 min ! He threw up in the end . Portugal fought like a unit ! Rui Patricio was pulling stunning saves ! Managed got all his substitutions right and tactically outplayed Deschamps . Giroud was completely useless against Portuguse defense . Defense is an art . Sometimes a bit of luck not conceding is needed but discredit Portugal victory by calling mere luck ? I think that is very disrespectful . I personally thought France should not have been in the final in the first place because that referee luck against Germany . Undeserving to me is team that gets referee favors and reaches final . Prior to Germany , France had some of the most easier fixtures compare to Portugal who defeated Croatia ( REAL contenders to win Title ) , Poland ( very solid team ) and Wales ( just as solid ) . France reaching final is luck .

Congratulate Portuguse fans here and don't disrespect a team that honestly have given their 200% to win the final with players who mostly player to player were less of a quality comparing to France !

Lucky ? Have you seen Pepe in monster mode ? That guy was the best defender in the world for 120 min ! He even threw up in the end . Portugal fought like a unit ! Rui Patricio was pulling stunning saves ! Manager got all his substitutions right and tactically outplayed Deschamps . Giroud was completely useless against Portuguse defense . Defense and counter attacking football is an art which Portuguse executed brilliantly . Sometimes a bit of luck not conceding is needed but discrediting Portugal's victory by calling it mere luck ? I think that is very disrespectful . I personally thought France shouldn't have been in the final in the first place because that referee luck against Germany . Undeserving to me is team that gets referee favors and reaches final . Prior to Germany , France had some of the most easier fixtures compare to Portugal who defeated Croatia ( REAL contenders to win Title ) , Poland ( very solid team ) and Wales ( just as solid ) . While France has heavy underdog teams ! France reaching final is luck .

tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited

Germany lost fair And square. And France meeting Iceland is clearly due to England failure so no, both deserved to be finalists. I agree on Pepe he was the main man since the start of The tournment from the Portuguese perspective but blaming ref against Germany, for what ? The PK ? Or Müller Khedira dives non Whistled ? France deserved their ticket, if They had an easy way to semi its thanks to English underachieving who lost vs a 300.000 people Island having a dentist as a coach.

Blame the shameful English squad for oppening the table for France, dont blame the luck, there was no luck in the English sinking...

• History

Germany lost fair And square. And France meeting Iceland is clearly due to England failure so no, both deserved to be finalists. I agree on Pepe he was the main man since the start of The tournment from the Portuguese perspective but blaming ref against Germany, for what ? The PK ? Or Müller Khedira dives non Whistled ? France deserved their ticket, if They had an easy way to semi its thanks to English underachieving who lost vs a 300.000 people Island having a dentist as a coach.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

France had some of the most easier fixtures compare to Portugal

You can't be serious with this one. I don't believe you said this.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

enter image description here

ref mistakes happen each game, haters see what they want to see. May win 4-0 will tell you that in a moment of the game ref shouldnt awarded a throw in as is it was a crucial decision. well....

Not mentionning mistakes on the final, as a fair play guy in a defeat ;) ref is part of the game ;)

Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

quikzyy, Marcus2011 is completely right. Stop overreacting. Croatia, Poland, Wales, are stronger teams overall than Ireland, Iceland, Germany, especially this tournament.

Either way, none of Portugal or France had "easy way" to final. The big nations were beat by these nations and that's what happened. That means they have quality so Portugal v France was a very deserving final (imo most would be Portugal v Italy).

rayrex7 8 years ago

Quickzzy, you are sounding really weird here? Its like a name can judge a a whole army. We didnt need to beat the top teams. Wales beat belgium, and Crotia beat spain.

You are saying like everyone were facing barca, bayren and madrid consecutively. Matter of fact, Portugal were facing the contenders of the euro, all the teams that truly wanted to win faced us aside of austria.

Seriously the double standards is real to the point that its unimaginable, I just cant wait to see the UCL and the new "underdogs" where everyone is gonna support. I dont care about the team, I just laugh at its new supporters