Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The 3rd
amir_keal 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Alright guys, who do you guys think is the 3rd best players in the world after Messi and Ronaldo?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Alright guys, who do you guys think is the 3rd best players in the world after Messi and Ronaldo?

Comments
Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

of course buddy almost everyone here share your point and Luis Figos, upvotes don’t lie...

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

no for me the squad is still weak be it they win vs roma or not. this is why bayern and madrid have better ucl record for the past 2 to 3 seasons deservedly. barcelona have been knocked out of qf many times, I just can't deny the squad is getting weaker. about coutinho, we can only see more clearer next season what he will bring to the squad in ucl.

10 1583

yeah people can always make new account to upvote, there is no secret to that

Golazo111 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Trust me most Chelsea fans will tell you that we need a better striker, this season Chelsea scored 25 goals less compared to the last one...
The defense is also affected by it but even so the amount of clean sheets this season is the same as last season we just won less games.

I don't think that Barcelona losing in Rome has anything to do with their squad depth it's too far fetched, they just play a slow possession football playstyle and that benefits Italian teams that prefer a more tactical game and that time it worked for Roma, other times Juventus lost 3:0 in the group stage for example...

• History

Trust me most Chelsea fans will tell you that we need a better striker, this season he scored 25 goals less compared to the last one...
The defense is also affected by it but even so the amount of clean sheets this season is the same as last season we just won less games.

I don't think that Barcelona losing in Rome has anything to do with their squad depth it's too far fetched, they just play a slow possession football playstyle and that benefits Italian teams that prefer a more tactical game and that time it worked for Roma, other times Juventus lost 3:0 in the group stage for example...

10 1583

I am talking about the away record, juve and roma lost at camp nou. barcelona had always been strong at home, even people still say chelsea had a gg at campnou and still lost 3-0. I still think it is a combination of the squad and the tactics at rome, the fact that coutinho can't play in roma game is a huge loss so I still say the overall strength of the squad is weak compared to madrid and bayern. bayern with 3 injuries can still replace great players to keep the tie on.

10 1583

no, chelsea had conceded more goals this season and lose more games as a result I won't blame it on costa's departure entirely.
the defence and midfield can't compete with spurs too...

Golazo111 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Like I said, our primary problem is our striker, not mid, not defense. The simple fact that Morata isn't even starting games here and there and that Giroud is, as an Arsenal reject reflects on that problem so stop inventing stuff, we won the title last years ofc we won more games and everything was better but we didn't improve we actually got worse at the front line and that affected the whole team and tactics, there is nobody to hold the ball up front.

Stop with the excuses, Coutinho was not going to play in CL anyway and even so Barcelona had a very good advantage going in the second leg game, fact is nobody expected Barcelona to lose like that.

• History

Like I said, our primary problem is our striker, not mid, not defense. The simple fact that Morata isn't even starting games here and there and that Giroud that is an Arsenal reject reflects on that problem so stop inventing stuff, we won the title last years ofc we won more games and everything was better but we didn't improve we actually got worse at the front line and that affected the whole team and tactics, there is nobody to hold the ball up front.

Stop with the excuses, Coutinho was not going to play in CL anyway and even so Barcelona had a very good advantage going in the second leg game, fact is nobody expected Barcelona to lose like that.

10 1583

nah, you stop coming up with lies that ronaldo could make chelsea in 2nd place and ronaldo couldn't score without real madrid. the barcelona squad is not good enough when it mattered which is why they are always knocked out in qf and that's my opinion not excuses. we don't know yet what coutinho can bring in ucl, but if he is available vs roma there is no reason to play andre gomes in the first place how is that excuse? the reality is ucl always the first priority for madrid, barca or bayern.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

You are implying that Ronaldo wouldn't score 20+ goals in Chelsea so you stop, if Costa could score 20 Ronaldo 20+ easy and we are talking about extra 10 points this season which would be right below Man City xD

Sure Coutinho couldn't play but that's no excuse, Liverpool has a worse defense and worse midfield than Barcelona and they won't bottle their advantage and they sold Coutinho so there you have it :D

10 1583

lol you are the one who accuse me first, I never said anything about 20+ goals, I said ronaldo wouldn't score as much as he did with madrid. extra 10 points my ass, chelsea can't even defend against spurs at home which has nothing to do with ronaldo or costa. saying ronaldo can score more than costa with a weaker team and different tactic is a bold statement to make. liverpool and barcelona play under different tactics sunshine, and with valverde's tactics the team is not good enough to challenge ucl, simple. besides you also need luck to advance thru look at bayern creating so many chances but still lost the game. right, I can't make excuse about coutinho, you can make excuse about losing diego costa, what a fair educated person. :P

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

You asked me if Ronaldo would be scoring if he was in Chelsea, my answer once again is, damn right he would!

If I give you the example of a striker that scored a lot just last season and ask you, if he could do it why wouldn't Ronaldo do it as well it's not an excuse it's an argument.
If you had watched Chelsea you would know what I'm talking about, Morata missed so many chances this season and missed games a bit due to injury + back issues, his backup is Giroud, outcast of Arsenal that is just a super sub mostly and all goals he scores are from the bench, it's very simple facts that prove what I'm talking about.

Conte didn't know how to solve the Morata problem, he even tried playing Hazard as a false 9 this season and he is our top scorer do I need to continue with this I mean Hazard scored more than our number 9 Morata?

Last season was one of his highest scoring seasons ever and he still wasn't out top scorer because we had Diego Costa that scored 20 goals in the league, this season Chelsea scored 25 goals less compared to last season, if we had a better striker our whole team would be lifted up both tactically and by results, it's not that complicated nor a big science either...

You said he wouldn't be scoring like he is scoring for Real Madrid but that's 20+ goals and I'm very clear that it can be just that number of goals, you don't know Chelsea that well obviously, last season with a better striker we won most teams in the league and played FA Cup final, this season was the first time Spurs beat us at the Bridge since 1990 and we did beat them at Wembley at the start of the season so that bs statement how Chelsea can't defend vs Spurs that is based on 1 game only is pathetic at best :D

I'm pretty sure that if we still had Costa or someone like a killer striker like Ronaldo, or Ronaldo himself, we would be in a much better position with 10 points + compared to right now in the league, that's 3 more wins + an extra draw, obviously still behind Man City as they are the best team this season but waaaay better than what we are currently, 5th place is just temporary until we fix our problems, Man City has Aguero that scores 20 goals each season we didn't have a player like that this season and that's insane since any top team has at least 1 player like that, last time Manchester United had that they won the league too with Van Persie, heck there is a clear correlation between a top striker and winning titles even Leicester City had Vardy that scored 20+ goals when they won the title there are many examples of the importance of having a key striker, maybe it doesn't mean that you always win the league but without such a player it's much harder to win titles! But last season we had that and we won the league as well!

But if Liverpool with a mediocre midfield and defense can be top 3 just by having a good attack imagine what will Chelsea do once we get a better forward to complete the team or if Morata becomes better in time, there has to be a player that can score and influence the enemy defense, look at the difference when Liverpool benches Salah, they suddenly have no presence at all as a team well Chelsea struggles like that too since the enemy defense is having an easy time this season but that will be dealt with :D

It's no different from saying that if Manchester United didn't have De Gea they would have -10 points each season because he saves them games and points, having a better striker capable of scoring more would affect a team that is in need of an attacking player that is dangerous for enemy defenses, it's very simple.

Like I said, Liverpool SOLD Coutinho and they are not going to bottle their advantage in the CL like Barcelona and that's with having a worse defense and a worse midfield compared to Barcelona but they got Salah that is simply unstoppable this season so the importance of a dangerous player that can solve games is the reason why attackers are the most expensive type of players, really simple :D
Chelsea lost 3:0 vs AS Rome away just like Barcelona but I can bet that the same will not happen to Liverpool because their attacking presence is just much better, so enough with the excuses!

10 1583

I ask you and your answer is bold claim and disrespect to madrid's midfield simple as. chelsea is weaker than real madrid and just because you add ronaldo to the team doesn't make it finish 2nd in my opinion. you are implying the current chelsea team is not far off from real madrid. you can say all you want and come up with diego costa excuses instead looking at the games chelsea lost. salah can break ronaldo's goal scoring record and still finish 3rd in the league, what's your point? morata underperfoming hence chelsea is 5th is just another excuse on blaming a player rather than the team. liverpool play different style of football compared to chelsea or barcelona. the current chelsea team is not good enough because they concede 3 goals against spurs, bournemouth. crystal palace, burnley I can name the all and the point is the defence has been poor which got nothing to do with van persie or costa scoring record. the attacking presence is much better? the midfield of barcelona does not work to valverde's tactic, which means it has something to do with the team. barcelona is not playing front 3 and midfield which presses as greatly as liverpool nor do they have the players to do so. to make it worse coutinho wasn't even an option to support iniesta, busquets or rakitic. how is it an excuse. liverpool are better defensively because they press including the midfield and full backs not just attacking presence which the current barca team is not capable of doing. yeah everything for chelsea and costa is never an excuse is it?

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

The main discussion is the Madrid squash then?

Ronaldo deserves the praises, absolutely. Work hard, dedication and killer in front of the goal.

But pushing him all the way up without giving enough credits to Real squad is the main problem I have with his fans. Its insane.

Real has the strongest squad on earth now, on paper and on the field. Does that guarantee winning? Not neccessarry. At the beginning of the season, when they falled off their form, and on top of that Ronaldo was off form. Nothing works. The mid wasnt dominent enough, injury and off form, didnt create chances enough, Ronaldo was super wasteful. Then the defend was aweful at time... They lost a lot of games.

When Ronaldo didnt have enough services, he was as ordinary as any profilic striker. The moment he has one or two and on his good day, he kills it. (That is what I have been trying to compare to Messi, who he dropped deep to create his own chances or for others). But there are lots of games Messi just walks around, something you would never see with Ronaldo

Barca was humble the whole season, they have decent ok squad and with moment of brilliances from their stars, especially Messi at the beginning (Suarez was way off, Iniesta just finished injury, same with Busquet, the Dembele... Lolll, luckily Paulinho was ok...).

Saying Chelsea has close squad to Real now, makes me really raise eyebrows. Should not from someone who watches lots of Chelsea games

• History

Ronaldo deserves the praises, absolutely. Work hard, dedication and killer in front of the goal.

But pushing him all the way up without giving enough credits to Real squad is the main problem I have with his fans. Its insane.

Real has the strongest squad on earth now, on paper and on the field. Does that guarantee winning? Not neccessarry. At the beginning of the season, when they falled off their form, and on top of that Ronaldo was off form. Nothing works. The mid wasnt dominent enough, injury and off form, didnt create chances enough, Ronaldo was super wasteful. Then the defend was aweful at time... They lost a lot of games.

When Ronaldo didnt have enough services, he was as ordinary as any striker. The moment he has one or two and on his good day, he kills it. (That is what I have been trying to compare to Messi, who he dropped deep to create his own chances or for others).

Barca was humble the whole season, they have decent ok squad and with moment of brilliances from their stars, especially Messi at the beginning (Suarez was way off, Iniesta just finished injury, same with Busquet, the Dembele... Lolll, luckily Paulinho was ok...).

Saying Chelsea has the same squad with Real now, makes me wonder if you are really a Chelsea fans or strictly Ronaldo fans!... Its weird

When Ronaldo didnt have enough services, he was as ordinary as any striker. The moment he has one or two and on his good day, he kills it. (That is what I have been trying to compare to Messi, who he dropped deep to create his own chances or for others).

Saying Chelsea has the same squad with Real now, makes me wonder if you are nore of a Chelsea fan or a Ronaldo's fan!... Its weird

Saying Chelsea has close squad to Real now, makes me really raise eyebrows. Should not from someone who watches lots of Chelsea games

When Ronaldo didnt have enough services, he was as ordinary as any striker. The moment he has one or two and on his good day, he kills it. (That is what I have been trying to compare to Messi, who he dropped deep to create his own chances or for others). But there are lots of games Messi just walks around, something you would never see with Ronaldo

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I said that Ronaldo would also score 20+ goals in Chelsea because he is a top player.
That has nothing to do with Real Madrid's squad but with his own ability first and foremost and like I pointed out the last time we had a striker that could score 20+ goals we won the league so if he could do it in Chelsea, the world's best striker would do it as well and that's not even saying a word about Real Madrid's squad, that simple.

Chelsea has players capable of winning the league but we miss a top first striker, Morata had this season for the first time to play as the first striker option which he never had before in his career, Hazard needed to play as a false 9 in some of our most important games that's how much we lack a top striker, even Giroud started in the first 11 now more often, facts!

As long you keep ignoring the ability that a top striker has and just make excuses how he can only score because of his team you lack some serious insight, nobody else but a top striker has the ability to score a lot of goals no amount of a good squad will make an average striker into a top one, like I said when Ronaldo isn't playing well nobody was capable to put his regular goal scoring numbers, not Bale not Benzema nobody, period so read again closely.