Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Suarez form.
tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Many fans including Barça fans were doubting his current form or adaptation to Valverde tactics, bening not fit or aging. Suarez proven us wrong again we Culès and with this current form the season will be promising for us no doubt.

enter image description here

Comments
tiki_taka 5 years ago

tiki_taka 5 years ago

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

This thread kinda make me feel bad for Real right now. :( Anyway, Suarez alway seem better in classico Messi ain't participating in. Crazy but true.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Kind of Banter mate 😂
Anyway it’s 100% true, without Messi many teams tend to open play Barça, something they can’t do with Messi on the field. Suarez is more confortable with crosses and space to make runs rather than static construction used with Messi on the field.
I never hate on him cause I know the situation, he is not used fully under Barca like he was at Liverpool but we need his sacrifice.

Of course we banter them, it was a manita 🖐 my Madridista friends had their cell phones off for one week 😂

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I was going to make a thread similar to this lol, but even with Messi this season he has been pretty good. He misses quite a few chances but his non stop pressing, ability to create spaces for Messi, goals and assists has been excellent.

Many fans including Barça fans were doubting his current form or adaptation to Valverde tactics, bening not fit or aging

Me included, I was getting quite worried because he was aging, but his form has been excellent.

BTW, lol at the 5th picture.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Lol, glad for you guys. He obviously worked very hard recently, and one of the motivation is the contract extension. Really good for him though.

For football fans, it's good to see a monster again. We need strong forces to stop Pep's Man City

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Suarez said Barca are looking to sell him. Would be mad if to do it like they did to Villa.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I hope you understand that you were the cause of Lopetegui dismissal...he is the soul bread winner in the family..

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Was about time for Suarez to step up, he is a fantastic player but with his diving/childish behavior[Bites etc] he is self-destructive if you ask me. Could have achieved more trophies[individual rather than club trophies] in his career if his profile would be more ''clean''.

I wonder if Amerr made the thread how much salt would be thrown here, feels like a provocation and honestly I am not trying to create drama.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@JozeV2 Amerr sadly isn't as active as he used to be. Though in this case, it might be better. XD

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

suarez has played with messi for 4 years. all I can say it's not really about the stats to judge him, the understanding between him and messi is what money can't buy, same to say about salah mane firmino, eto'o and ronaldinho, iniesta and xavi. these players can link up play each other blindfolded. the level of communication doesn't even need gestures and words. if suarez is an argentinian, higuain would be long gone retired.

Tacuachillo 5 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

I honestly still think he's too wasteful in front of goal. He can hardly ever win a 1 v 1. He has stepped up these last games. Have to give credit where it's due, but I would still rather see a replacement. Maybe a bit harsh, but way too wasteful.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I would still rather see a replacement.

who?

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Tacuachillo That remind me, why you guy sold Paco? He was great and he's being insanely good at BVB. :(

Tacuachillo 5 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

@ quikzyy - Icardi is a good option. I was actually kind of glad we didn't get Griezmann. He seems a bit overrated to me. But there is very few number 9 to choose from.

@ Emobot7 - Paco was decent. I was surprised, I didn't realize that he's just 25. He needed an incentive to gain form and he just wouldn't get that at Barca with Suarez being #1 striker. Valverde gets heavily criticized for not rotating, but more Paco would have been a good option, instead of playing Suarez when he had horrible games. We need a decent striker to challenge Suarez. Kind of how Pep handled Aguero with the arrival of Gabriel Jesus. Look at Aguero this season. That scenario was a wake-up call.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Tacuachillo Yeah, still think Paco could have been that one guy if given more chance.

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited

Nah Icardi won’t perform at Barca as he is doing at Inter, the reason is Messi. Suarez scored 6 in 3 games because he got space and crosses. With Messi in the line up, 90% of teams park the bus except Vigo and Bilbao who puts high pressing and man marking on Messi. Actually Suarez in those circumstances turns into space creator, ball usually come from Messi to Alba, Suarez make runs and open space for Messi. It’s a kind of sacrifice few world class strikers accept to do. He wasn’t fit this season after World Cup and complicated pre season. This thread aside from banter 😂 which is obviously one of the reasons I made it, is to make into highlight the sacrifice he is doing and what he can do when Barca plays direct football.
He is a tank and makes the squad gain some versatility, Paco is Icardi style of player, deadly tap in player, make runs and simply pure traditional striker.
He couldn’t adapt to what Barca are asking for a 9, imo Benzema would be the only one to play better than Suarez at Barca, Suarez is actually better overall. But Barca does not need a 9 who needs space but a false ten because Messi is a false nine when midlefield is strong. When we got weak midlefield Messi was playing like a ten and Suarez as a nine ended up Pichichi. So it’s hard to appreciate players playing out of position to make the team play better, another example is Sergi Roberto who if he leaves Barca would turn into a monster player...
I never doubted Paco’s brilliance, At Valencia he was deadly, but he can only play as a nine and he won’t get any cross or space to do so at Barça, we need nines who track back to combine, Firmino, Mbappe, Mandzukic... Cavani, Icardi, Higuain and co won’t match.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Nah Icardi won’t perform at Barca as he is doing at Inter, the reason is Messi. Suarez scored 6 in 3 games because he got space and crosses. With Messi in the line up, 90% of teams park the bus except Vigo and Bilbao who puts high pressing and man marking on Messi. Actually Suarez in those circumstances turns into space creator, ball usually come from Messi to Alba, Suarez make runs and open space for Messi. It’s a kind of sacrifice few world class strikers accept to do. He wasn’t fit this season after World Cup and complicated pre season. This thread aside from banter 😂 which is obviously one of the reasons I made it, is to make into highlight the sacrifice he is doing and what he can do when Barca plays direct football.
He is a tank and makes the squad gain some versatility, Paco is Icardi style of player, deadly tap in player, make runs and simply pure traditional striker.
He couldn’t adapt to what Barca are asking for a 9, imo Benzema would be the only one to play better than Suarez at Barca, Suarez is actually better overall. But Barca does not need a 9 who needs space but a false ten because Messi is a false nine when midlefield is strong. When we got weak midlefield Messi was playing like a ten and Suarez as a nine ended up Pichichi. So it’s hard to appreciate players playing out of position to make the team play better, another example is Sergi Roberto who if he leaves Barca would turn into a monster player...

rayrex7 5 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Second or Third best player in the world atm. Hate that he's i Barca but what a fucking beast he is. I agree with @tiki tho, with a strong midfield Messi is a false 9 and u need a striker that would track back and create spaces for him. What suarez is doing with Messi is admirable because he knows whats best for the team, similar thing for Benz and Ronaldo. Benzema is I believe the most unselfish player in the world. Yes his finishing is below average for a striker but he is exceptionally sharp. He can create spaces, dribble, quick passes and on his day, his finishing is wonderful. Firminio might be a decent sub, He has good chemistry with Coutinho, and is the only striker that tracks back a lot even tho he doesnt need to. Icardi won't be a good sub, he rarely leaves the 6 yard box and with Barca playing style, i bet he can end a game with 5 touches.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

A few months later, this guy is constantly costing Barcelona games. Barcelona can’t score lately, wanna know why? This guy misses some joke chances, not because of their midfield. I agree Barcelona’s midfield is not as strong without Arthur, but Suarez is getting chances on a plate, and he still misses them.

I would rather play injured Cillessen than him.