Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Sturridge set to undergo Liverpool medical
AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

The Chelsea striker is booked in for a physical examination at the Reds' Melwood training ground as he prepares for a €14.7 million move in the January transfer window

The Englishman will undergo a physical examination at the club's Melwood training ground but is believed to have already agreed terms on a deal with the Reds.

Liverpool have also reached an agreement with Sturridge's club, and are expected to pay €14.7 million for the 23-year-old forward.

The Anfield club are eager to secure the attacker’s services as soon as the January transfer window opens, having played the first half of the season with just one senior striker in Luis Suarez.

However, with Fabio Borini expected to return to training next week following his recovery from a foot fracture and Tom Ince likely to join Sturridge in making a move to Merseyside, Brendan Rodgers' attacking options will be given a significant boost ahead of the second part of the campaign.

Former Manchester City striker Sturridge has been restricted to just one start this term, with misfiring forward Fernando Torres preferred by both Roberto Di Matteo and his replacement Rafael Benitez.

The Birmingham-born forward made 28 starts last season, scoring 11 goals despite often being deployed out wide.

Comments
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Drogba only joined Chelsea because Mourinho had promised to buy him when he was at Porto.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Wow I never heard that before! If it's true that would make it very interesting. What's your source?

netsten 11 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

@AlexBatak I know, I didn't say that we did, but Sturridge was on loan before we sold him to Liverpool, so we'll see for Moses now that he has a foot out...

WayneRooney 11 years ago
Manchester United, Argentina 52 488

This is the signing that could change Liverpool's history....

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Vendetta :

I read it in Drogba's autobiography. When he was at Marsielle and Jose at Porto, he said to him 'I promise I will buy you' or something like that... sorry I don't know if it's on a website but if you read Drogba's autobiography online or something you will find it. :/

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Okay thanks for that info. Very interesting statement...

nandaYNWA 11 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

Wow! I could not have been more wrong about Sturridge! I'm so glad we signed him. 5 goals and 2 assists in 6 appearances! The main reason I didn't want him was because everyone dubbed him as "selfish," but that trait seemed to have left him once he joined us :)