Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Stan Kroenke has reached agreement on his buy-out of Arsenal
quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsenal's majority shareholder Stan Kroenke has made a £600m offer to buy the whole of the club in a deal that would value the Gunners at £1.8bn.

enter image description here

The American billionaire owns 67% of Arsenal through his company KSE, which says Alisher Usmanov has agreed to sell his 30% stake in the club.

“We at KSE are moving forward with this Offer leading to 100% ownership of the Club. We appreciate Mr Usmanov's dedication to the Arsenal Football Club and the storied ethos and history the Club represents.” Stan Kroenke

Comments
quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Worst day to wake up to, this is coming to an end. I have survived the banter era with starting XI: Fabianski, Djourou, Koscielny, Squilacci, Miquel, Frimpong, Chamberlain, Coquelin, Benayoun, Park and Chamakh but this is it.

Making the club private property, this is sad day for all the Gooners, RIP Arsenal football club.

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

idk much about the situation. could u elaborate on why this is so bad?

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Well I dont think it's that bad...

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002
  • Makes Arsenal a private company
  • Meaning he takes out money from the club for himself without telling anyone
  • Meaning the money fans are spending goes to him if he wants
  • Shareholders are forced to sell, if you are a shareholder
  • And probably means we wont be spending much in the transfer market anymore, even though we barley do anyways
  • Sellin players is good for him, he pockets that money
  • Money made wil prob go to him instead of club
  • Pretty much become a buisness model club

Pretty much Glazers 2.0, but what is worst is that he said:

I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies

His only goal is to make money, dark times are ahead of us.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies

Really???

I can't imagine a business owner like him saying that ....

That would be utter dumb

serans 6 years ago
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

I call that bullshit. He surely wants to make money on that, but the best way to do it is to sell tickets/shirts/rights etc.
He needs trophies/good results/stars to make this deal worth it.
I think Arsenal will get more money for transfers because of that.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Really Tuanjs? You can't imagine businesss owner saying that? That is why every owner gets the club is to make profit , well except abramovich because the guys hasn't made sht but I am sure he is somewhat hoping.

My problem with Glazers and Kroenke is that they don't give a damn about the club or its traditions. They don't care about players or management but only victories is what they care about because it affects their pocket. American owners should own their domestic sport teams not foreign because they are complete imbeciles when it comes to culture and tradition of foreign sport team especially football team. They can't even run their domestic sport teams that they are familiar with right but think they can do well in English EPL.

Btw glaziers are the worst.. they bought the club by going in debt and then put that debt on the club lol if things go south they leave with money either way.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@Marcus: doing thing is one. SAYING things in public is another one!!! There is a clear difference.

That's why I dont think he publicly made such a statement.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

He did actually say that. Ask any fan of any club which he owns, he will tell you the same. Specially NFL fans, they hate him most. He is in it simply because of cash and nothing else.

Besides he is the ‘most hated man’ in St. Louis.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Well described, another thing is that Josh Kroenke will be CEO of Arsenal, and I don't believe the guy knows much about football. Really bad, the club was going in decent direction, now this.

That being said, we should focus on the season, we will probably get Vida and sell Perez. I hope to enjoy the ride, and if things don't go right in January, then I hope things can be done, both in and out the club.

Another thing FA should add is voting of owner, sadly I don't see this happening in a long time, so unless something happens to Kroenke, we will be stuck with him for ages.

RIP during transfer windows.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

It’s going to be another great season of Arsenal FanTV.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

I always knew there is a bigger cancer behind wenger

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Lel

Super unpopular comment here lads, but when Kroenke says that he didn't buy the stake to win trophies, he could also mean that he too is an Arsenal fan which is why he bought the club.

We shouldn't conclude that he bought the club to run it dry, don't think he meant what you think he's implying, otherwise he wouldn't that said it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lel

Super unpopular comment here lads, but when Kroenke says that he didn't buy the stake to win trophies, he could also mean that he too is an Arsenal fan which is why he bought the club.

We shouldn't conclude that he bought the club to run it dry, don't think he meant that you think he's implying, otherwise he wouldn't that said it.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The debt issue is the most significant thing here, actually he already had the majority so he was the decider for a long time ago. But having 100% would put Arsenal in his own fortune. so if tomorrow his buisness goes down it affects directly Arsenal...

Salahadin 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Its so sad for the fans if this turns out to be what it seems to be a total nightmare I would boycote the club and start a campaign to all the fans to do so.

Even if it takes years but it will force this madness to end.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

He stinks. Feel sorry for Gunners.

JaapStam 6 years ago
Manchester United, Australia 2 268

Quikzyy what is the AST and what can they do about situation??

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Maybe the best and worst thing to happen to Arsenal.
He wasn't going to sell his shares so there is some hope that now as a full owner he sells in some years.

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Not necessarily because of Kroenke, but, the Rams and my Nuggets are both doing really well now.