Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Spurs vs Lyon predictions?
COYSPURS2008 11 years ago
76 540

Lyon, Second in France!  but already out of the Coupe de France. good squad.. hard stadium to play at!

We are chasing the UCL places, out of both cup competitions, and in the running for this one shall we pass Lyon. Great squad! and a Keeper who knows his old club well.

i believe the encounter will be very close indeed. 1-0 to the spurs for the first leg!

Comments
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I'm hoping we can get a 2-0 to take to their ground for the 2nd leg.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Friedel will be playing and not Lloris which I think is a big mistake, draw at home, defeat away, won't progress with no decent striker no matter how good Bale is performing at present.

Lodatz 11 years ago

I agree that the keeper-switch is going to be hazardous; our back four have gotten used to the mobility of Lloris, whereas Brad is more kinda stuck between the posts. Still, we do have a very good defensive squad, so, hopefully hee won't be worked that much.

I'm hoping Lennon and Holtby will be able to find a little more space than usual, to bring the rest of the midfield into the attack; that's really where our goals are going to come from, if they come.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago

If anything they should have played Lloris at home in the opening leg, got to play your strongest team at home to get the result to make the 2nd leg easier.

Will be glad when Defoe gets back, have no trust in Adebayor at all and always knew he was going to disappoint, he did what was expected, performed ok last season to win his contract and back to being his usual lazy self who misses absolute sitters all the time.

Lodatz 11 years ago

I think Friedel getting the Cup runs was part of the easing of the #1 spot from him to Lloris. Would be harsh to turf him out of them, now, when we owe him so much from last season.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago

That is true, but I think this is a competition we should try and do well in and for that you have to play your strongest side, Redknapp last season didn't take it seriously at all which led to a pretty embarrassing set of defeats against far weaker opponents, we are practically the only nation in Europe who don't take this cup seriously when we should be.

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

Spurs v Ajax final in Amsterdam i hope! will be great for our close bonded clubs to be together again :)

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@Ajax: You'll have to get past us first ;).

Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

2-0 Easy win for Tottenham

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I think Spurs are favourites for this one. I'm only basing that on the last match I've seen Lyon play which was about 3 weeks ago. They didn't look to impressive. 

That said, Remi Garde will want to do one over Spurs and that extra motivation may just get them over the edge. Unlikely, but nothing is impossible.

Lodatz 11 years ago

I'm not underestimating Lyon's attack, for my part. I hope AVB isn't either, because it wasn't that many years ago that Lyon were ripping teams apart 7-1 in the Champions League. The personnel may be different, but I have to believe that free-scoring ethos is still at work in Lyon. ;)

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

2-1
I miss old Lyon with Juninho.

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Spurs will take it. Bale to shine while he's in superb form.

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

draw away but i think lyon will tack it at home

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

either one can win without it beeing a surprise...

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

3-1?

COYSPURS2008 11 years ago
76 540

i guessed a 1 goal win.
i win.