Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Spurs mocked by their own supporters for selling embarrassing Carabao Cup final merch
ForeverBayern 3 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 44 593

Tottenham have been ridiculed on social media by some of their own fans for a range of items released on their club shop to celebrate reaching the Carabao Cup final.

The showpiece event is scheduled for April 25 against Manchester City and, after beating Brentford in the semi-final, it is an opportunity for Tottenham to land their first piece of silverware since winning the competition back in 2008.

But fans have mocked the club for making quite so much of an occasion out of reaching a cup final. Tottenham pens, lanyards, mugs, keyrings and fridge magnets are all available to buy on the club shop, branded 'Carabao Cup finalists'.

'I'm a Spurs fan and I think this is embarrassing, especially for the Carabao Cup,' wrote one Tottenham supporter on Twitter.

Comments
Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

I dont see why its embarrassing when it's normal for small clubs like spurs. They have to celebrate these rare accomplishments such as getting to a cup final

gghost 3 years ago
Chelsea, Norway 0 1

Only embarassing thing is plastics from places like Brazil talking about celebrating a trophy and day out for fans to drink and enjoy out together at Wembley and especially being a loyal supporter thru thick and thin of real passion clubs being embarassing. Plastic fans who pick their teams for bragging tights never surprise to make me laugh with their cringe lmao when at game ud sit all the game like most tourist fans of big Clubs thats whats embarassing mate.

Madridista11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@gghost said the Chelsea fan... From Norway 🤨

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Exactly, a Chelsea fan from Norway 🤦‍♂️

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Well,

If you dont see the irony in this then it's hard to argue...

Spur's marketing team try to make a big deal out of it as they dont see any other title comin' in, may be for another few years :D. So selling these merchandises seem like a good idea, and it's fun, memorable.... EXCEPT, once they do that, they representing the mid table club chanting on win in a cold Stoke City night like they had won the CL.

Dont get me wrong, every team should, but to put in in persepective, while they don't have any bigger title's related souvenirs, these are straight out embarrassing :D

Marcus2011 3 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Can't find a reason why this should be embarrassing. Every club that ever won that title was genuinely happy. Otherwise, why field your best 11 in crucial matches? Obviously, it is nice to win this cup.

Spurs haven't won squad since 2008, therefore it might be a good start to get winners mentality. Although, I doubt City will give an easy match. This will be a tough one.

They literally bottled their Champions League final because of lack of experience of winning titles. No body on that squad ever won title if I am not mistaken. They played better than Liverpool, and in the end Liverpool was the one lifting the title.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

No body on that squad ever won title if I am not mistaken.

Gareth Bale might have something to say about that. :U

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

We are proof that winning a title is meaningless. We've been the most successful team in the Fa Cup in the last decade but that has got us no where near the league title nor the champions league

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

We are proof that winning a title is meaningless. We've been the most successful team in the Fa Cup in the last decade but that has got us no where near the league title

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

They still have the small club, underdog mentality, even though they are coached by Mou o.O, strange