Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Southampton sack Nigel Adkins
Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Nigel Adkins has been sacked after guiding Southampton in to the premiership from League 1 in successive seasons and former Espanyol manager Mauricio Pochettino has been hired.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21079956

Two days after there great comeback away to Chelsea I find this decision completely baffling, they are playing very good football at present and sit outside the relegation zone in 15th place. Southampton have only suffered 2 defeats in there last 12 premier league matches.

Is this yet another decision from poor owners who have no idea what they are doing and is this ultimately going to cost Southampton there place in the premiership next season.

Thoughts?

Comments
PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

the board expectation from nigel adkins is too damn high i cant even reach it lol. joke

this might be the reason why southampton might relegated back to championship

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

he didnt deserve to be sacked. he got Southampton 2 promotions and lost just 2 times in their last 12 EPL matches. 

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Without sounding harsh to Southampton as I quite like the way they play football, but I hope they get relegated because of this, it might teach owners to have more faith in there managers, there has been a whole lot of ridiculous sackings in the past year and it needs to stop.

kenkichiotaka 11 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

No reason to sack him.I think he managed the team really well,his team even came back from 2-0 to 2-2 against Chelsea.

COYSPURS2008 11 years ago
76 540

Right after winning at Aston villa. then coming back from 2-0 down at Chelsea and steering the team away from the bottom 3 so far.

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

hope they go back to leaue 1 now and think they will

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

He can go to Chelsea now :D