Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Skills of the week : Amazing!!! (Ronaldo Banter)
tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Had to post it XD, awesome stuff against mighty Legia the last action is out of this world #BallonD'or

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Paste a link to content from another site (e.g. Youtube, Twitter and many others)

https://youtu.be/cQczqzhPriY

Had to post it XD, awesome stuff against mighty Legia the last action is out of this world #BallonD'or

Comments
tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yeah,

C.Ronaldo is like that if you watch their Real games, a lot of times he looks insanely bad, terrible skills except useless step overs ... But then he scored 2 goals :D:D:D. If people just watch the highlight or score, then... he's amazing mighty god. although, in other games, he's absolutely amazing all round. Nothing new

But who cares, he scored LOADS and his teams won. that's what people know.

I think we should consider him as the one of the best scorer of all time, and that's all.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

That no look pass, Ronaldinho who?

tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited

^ yeah X-ray vision from the best player and the best team in the world.

In the same night :

But this kind of performences are nothing compared to the blind back heel pass.

• History

In the same night :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XE5kEf46PR0

But this kind of performences are nothing compared to the blind back heel pass.

Drbutterface 8 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

I thought trolling was frowned upon in this forum? Or does that only go for other teams than uefalona?

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Thats called banter, at the difference Uefalona is trolling.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

@tiki_taka Agreed, though I think you should have added "Ronaldo banter" in the title so that Real Madrid fan doesn't get surprised or frustrated watching this. :P But yeah, Ronaldo doesn't look too great right now. Then again, there were time last season when he didn't look much better and look how he ended the season. With 2 of European greatest trophy. So, I don't think it reflect his best level or that his best is behind him. :P

• History

@tiki_taka Agreed, thout I think you should have added "Ronaldo banter" in the title so that Real Madrid fan doesn't get surprised or frustrated watching this. :P But yeah, Ronaldo doesn't look too great right now. Then again, there were time last season when he didn't look much better and look how he ended the season. With 2 of European greatest trophy. So, I don't think it reflect his best level or that his best is behind him. :P

@tiki_taka Agreed, thoug I think you should have added "Ronaldo banter" in the title so that Real Madrid fan doesn't get surprised or frustrated watching this. :P But yeah, Ronaldo doesn't look too great right now. Then again, there were time last season when he didn't look much better and look how he ended the season. With 2 of European greatest trophy. So, I don't think it reflect his best level or that his best is behind him. :P

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Drbutterface: yes, this is banter not trolling. Calling names would be. You can add banter vid of Bayern, Real, Barca all you want as long as it doesn't include racism, personal attack, unreasonable provocation (repeatedly)

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

It just goes to show his decline. No matter how poorly he performs today, no one will ever forget the terror the young Portuguese winger struck across Europe when he had the ball at his feet. All legends will eventually have to retire. It's why we have so many "vintage" posts about old players like Totti or O Fenomeno... they are nowhere near as good as they used to be but still sometimes show glimpses of their past glory. For Cristiano, though, I believe he needs to change his playing style to accomodate for his age and the squad's transformation. He no longer should be the main man. Now Madrid does not need a main man. The squad should all be equal, with Modric perhaps pulling all the strings.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

PS. Edited title so it isn't misleading.

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Agree with Dynastian, he can't keep up with his intentions on the ball and he needs to realise he can't do it all by himself anymore.

Also, who the f*ck was he passing to at the end? :D

538 11435

@ramaboy10 Marcelo ghost. :P

What worry the most is Ronaldo stat, from whoscored.com, his pass success, possession and aerial skill seem fine but you can't help but remark he is being very wasteful in front of goal. He had 9 shot, 5 of wich were off target and 2 of them were blocked by defender wich mean he only tested the guardian twice! That is very low coming from him. And only half of the number of shot Bale got on target and were not blocked by defender. Also, both of them shot the same number of time on goal wich mean that together, they had 18 shot in the game. 18 shot and only one goal out of them all? That is poor finishing in my opinion. Meanwhile, Benzema and Kovacic had 3 and 2 shot respectivily and both scored. Man, I feel like such a stat geek when I go on whoscored.com and I love it. XD

• History

What worry the most is Ronaldo stat, from whoscored.com, his pass success, possession and aerial skill seem fine but you can't help but remark he is being very wasteful when infront of goal. He had 9 shot, 5 of wich were off target and 2 of them were blocked by defender wich mean he only tested the guardian twice! That is very low coming from him. And only half of the number of shot Bale got on target and were not blocked by defender. Also, both of them shot the same number of time on goal wich mean that together, they had 18 shot into the game. 18 shot and only one goal out of them all? That is poor finishing in my opinion. Meanwhile, Benzema and Kovacic had 3 and 2 shot respectivily and both scored. Man, I feel like such a stat geek when I go on whoscored.com and I love it. XD

What worry the most is Ronaldo stat, from whoscored.com, his pass success, possession and aerial skill seem fine but you can't help but remark he is being very wasteful in front of goal. He had 9 shot, 5 of wich were off target and 2 of them were blocked by defender wich mean he only tested the guardian twice! That is very low coming from him. And only half of the number of shot Bale got on target and were not blocked by defender. Also, both of them shot the same number of time on goal wich mean that together, they had 18 shot into the game. 18 shot and only one goal out of them all? That is poor finishing in my opinion. Meanwhile, Benzema and Kovacic had 3 and 2 shot respectivily and both scored. Man, I feel like such a stat geek when I go on whoscored.com and I love it. XD

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Don't think it was that poor ( in the video ) I thought there was lack of movement with his teammates & most of the situations he did well, other than that first shot in the video.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Decent

Although that is part of the problem, there is no denying that Ronaldo has lost his sharpness and technique from years past. The injuries have taken its toll, and he must now change or suffer.

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Yeh, I kinda think the sharpness left his body already like 3 years ago (compared to Man Utd times atleast). And aswell about changing, I think he has already changed to a tap in king - don't get me wrong I am not trolling but he's mainly in the box these days scoring goals rather than dribbling on his own in the wing.

538 11435

@decentK He can still do it though. I really feel like his finisshing is starting to become his problem, sometime, he can score 3 in a game and other time, he will waste between 9 to 10 shot a game because he try too hard. A shame really. :( His posession skill is still pretty good though and he doesn't lose the ball that much. He only got dispossessed twice in game against Legia.

• History

@decentK He can still do it though. I really feel like scoring is starting to become his problem, sometime, he can score 3 in a game and other time, he will waste between 9 to 10 shot a game because he try too hard. A shame really. :(

@decentK He can still do it though. I really feel like his finisshing is starting to become his problem, sometime, he can score 3 in a game and other time, he will waste between 9 to 10 shot a game because he try too hard. A shame really. :(

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Decent

That's precisely the problem. He plays as the ultimate poacher, but is positioned on the wing. He cannot play as a poacher while he's on the wing unless he becomes a play-maker as well. He needs to realize that himself, otherwise he's going to keep putting in these performances where he, and the team, suffers. And Zidane is going to have to keep playing him because he's Cristiano Ronaldo.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

He is in decline, 10 years of greatness is a lot. it's mot like Ronaldinho, O'fenomeno, Lampard, Kaka, Inzhagi, Rooney all played amazing for at least 5 years. Ronaldinho played at the best for 2-3 years. The only player, that I know, who has played at top flight football and can get a bad performance of a handful is Messi. Players like Iniesta, Robben, Zlatan etc play great football but only 1 out of 10 games are 10/10. Players like Modric, start to shine late, like he was only considered to be the best midfielder from 2013/2014 which was when he was 28 or 29. Ronaldo and Messi are the only players that can go on and on with similar stats. Ronaldo hasn't felt the hunger like he used to, before when he was playing awful, you could see him mad for the next week until he starts scoring like crazy. Now, he just seems to not care. The whole team underestimated Legia, only players that actually performed was Kovacic and Bale( After legia equalised).

I expect Zidane to bench Ronaldo until he gets to know he needs to fight for his place, it may change the mood in the locker room, but we need Ronaldo to know, he is not the main player anymore. He had more terrible performance like this such as against Atletico, but he came back stronger. Let's hope he works harder and gets back stronger.

538 11435

@rayrex7 But can he do that? Does he even consider to do that? I mean, Zidane respect Ronaldo skill and he can get the best out of him so would he really bench him? Anyway, Ronaldo is still at the beggining of the season and he is still getting his fitness back after that injury at the euro finalm so pherhap he will improve. But I get what you mean and I agree benching him could do him some good.

• History

@rayrex7 But can he do that? Does he even consider to do that? I mean, Zidane respect Ronaldo skill and he can get the best out of him so would he really bench him? Anyway, Ronaldo is still at the beggining of the season and he is still getting his fitness back after that injury at the euro finalm so pherhap he will improve. But I get what you mean and I agree benching could do some good.

Drbutterface 8 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

Nice double standard you got there. When majorities are used as a justification for injustice, I'm out of the discussion.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Drbutterface Aw, don't be like that. We even went ahead and change the tilte so the topic of the thread is more clear. :P