Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Shouldn't this video be removed?
Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Just a quick off topic here. We were drawn different assignments at school regarding conflicts going on all over the world at present time. Later, we were going to hand in a description of the conflict we drew -- in depth.

I got the Basque Country, and ran over this video I'll post below concerning the Basque conflict, and now I sit again with a pretty simple question. (Watch the video.) How can YouTube let something like this lay on their website as you clearly can see people are dying? I thought that was against their rules?

I mean, there are several 9/11 video's on YouTube, but that's something different. You can't see with your own eyes that anybody's dying by looking at the WTC, even though that's an obvious perception. I was shocked after I watched this video, and wonder what your opinions are given that it hasn't been removed, and was posted over 5 years ago.

PS: I recommend not watching this video if you're a sensitive person. It's some really heavy stuff.

Comments
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I can't see anything graphic; the smoke masks the details.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that you know what is going on; it's still a heavy video. That would just be my guess as to why it doesn't contravene YouTube's rules.

Did you say this was linked to the Basque conflict? For a minute there I wondered if it was the one in 2004 -- I was in Madrid the very same weekend afterward, and saw Real play at the Bernabeu. The atmosphere was pretty emotional; candle-light vigils outside the stadium, and the minute of silence broken by angry shouts against terrorism.

Sorry to tangent from the topic; it just seemed relevant.

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

That's right, it's from 2004. A group from the Basque country, named ETA, have fought for an independent state from Spain and France for years, using i.e. terror.

Thanks for replying, though. =)

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Woah

Lodatz 11 years ago

I thought the 2004 bombing was by al Quaeda (along with the London bombings), which is why I was curious. My memory may be playing tricks on me tho. >.<

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Quite the opposite; you're obviously very well-informed, Lodatz. The 2004 Madrid train bombings' instant main suspects were ETA, while there has been a growing suspicion that Al-Qaeda stood behind it all. There has never been, however, a confirmation by anyone, as far as I know, that one of these two organizations are the cause of this horrible act.

COYSPURS2008 11 years ago
76 540

you know we are not the source of every problem.. yes, Al Qaeda are heartless, souless, evil pricks.. but the Madrid bombing could might as well been the doing of the Basque rebel group or a Catalan rebel group!and in London it could of been the IRA! 

Lodatz 11 years ago

Who is 'we', COYS?

Lodatz 11 years ago

@Golden: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3509556.stm

It may have been found out to be false, or not compelling enough evidence, but I never heard any more about it. I do remember this being reported at the time, hence my assumption.

76 540

Muslims! yes we have alot of militant groups but i think others who have commited way too much terrorism  and havoc have been ignored.

ETA? IRA? KKK? EDL?

Lodatz 11 years ago

Who started talking about Muslims? We're talking about a bombing in Madrid in 2004, which was closely linked at the time to al-Qaeda, and the ETA. (but apparently was not proven to be either).

mladen 11 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

massacre 

76 540

regardless this is horrible...

and yes sorry for saying all that, guess it just popped out.. you would be surprised though.. the only terrorist strike ever on Jordanian soil was by Al Qaeda's hands, last time i was in Jordan was when i was a little boy, (6 or 7 years old), my parents  both grew up in East Amman, but now the family house is in West Amman. i had spent 3 months of summer 2005 there,. 3 Months later after we left... at the Grand Hyatt hotel and the Days inn in Amman, a huge bomb exploded killing  60 people, tourists and locals alike.. it was a nightmare. one of the Victims was the producer of the most popular Islamic history film in the entire middle east (made the film back in the 70's). Among the victims as well were attendees of a wedding. a damn wedding.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Gentlemen, not meaning to intrude, but can we PLEASE keep these posts FOOTBALL related? This is a football website, not one for world issues. Please discuss this elsewhere.

koldimere 11 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

to be fair this was under off topic...and the forum is meant for discussing stuff besides football Dynastian...

koldimere 11 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

@Golden having a video from youtube removed because of its violent content is laughable. There's so much disgusting and gory stuff in youtube. Just make an account, be "over 18", and delve into youtube's heart of darkness. 

Lodatz 11 years ago

You'll know you're there when you start seeing comments to the tune of: "I'm in that weird part of YouTube again." ;)

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@Dyanstian: What koldimere said. :)

@koldimere: Seriously? Haha, I never knew it was so simple. I thought YouTube didn't tolerate any images or video's where you can see people die. And ugh, I've seen some of the nasty stuff as well. Not to be recommended. It's certainly just getting more and more open in line with Facebook.