Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Shock! Ronaldo on the move! Where will he go?
legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Ok, so could have put this under All transfer rumours but I reckon it's kind of big enough to have its own thread!

Sounds as though Ronaldo really is going to leave Real. Absolutely did not see that coming, thought it was given he would stay in Madrid.

United seems a likely destination, for obvious reasons. In a way I really hope he does move to them, as it will make the league a lot more interesting. Might actually make a United game interesting to watch! Also would suddenly make them very credible title contenders which is not so good, though.

Post your thoughts on whether he will go and where could go to below.

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@nigelpayne He played less games and was rested vs smaller teams, but he is one of the leaders of the team he is much more than just a goal scoring player like Kane,Messi,Belotti...

He dragged the team to La Liga title and back to back Champions League title and even Portugal all the way to the title as well, without him Real Madrid's and Portugal's and Manchester United's history would have been different, he is the biggest European player of all time so at this point it's fair to ask what else do you want?

He joined Portugal 2 days after winning Champions League, scored first 2 goals vs Latvia and assisted first goal vs Mexico yesterday, if his goals were not relevant this season when the La liga title race was breaking and when Champions league was in the last stage I suggest that nobody else scored any relevant goal this season in La liga nor Champions league simpy because Real Madrid won both with CR7 as their best scorer.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

The people who think Ronaldo is not gonna leave because Madrid is enjoying great success... Think again. Ronaldo left Manchester at its peak and joined a rebuilding Real Madrid squad that has never made it past the round of 16 in a few years at the time and a team that was fresh from a 6-2 defeat to the team that has just beaten him in the UCL final. A part of it is the fact that he loved Real Madrid. Another part is how much he loves to challenge himself. Joining Real Madrid posed a new challenge for him since he has already dominated England and has won every trophy there.

I believe like I said before this is nothing but another story made up every year. IF he leaves however he isn't gonna go back to Utd. He'll probably go to PSG and get that money.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@golazo i never said he was irrelevant...u missunderstand me...yes, he scored decisive goals but many of his goals were in games which would have neded in a win regardless and the ones that were decisive, no doubt could have been put in by the likes of morata

morata scored 15 goal in 26 la liga appearances many of which were only sub appearances...i have no doubt he could have provided had there been no ronaldo

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Madridista11 CR7 story isn't fake, he is acting like a diva.

@nigelpayne We will see how much different is Morata when he plays regularly 90 min.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@madrista if he wants money he wont be heading to PSG, he'll go to china for that...even utd would pay him more than PSG

only reason he would go to PSG is because ligue 1 is a new challenge and a chance to break new records which he likes to do

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Madridista actually it's the opposite, Ronaldo left United when he knew they couldn't compete in European level and joined the club that was willing to attract as many players possible to compete with Barca/Bayern.
There was an interview at the time and Tonaldo clearly gave those reasons...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Golazo and Pepee are the same person, kind of funny tho :D

Golazo and Pepee are the same person, kind of funny tho :D

Madridista actually it's the opposite, Ronaldo left United when he knew they couldn't compete in European level and joined the club that was willing to attract as many players possible to compete with Barca/Bayern.

There was an interview at the time and Ronaldo clearly gave those reasons...

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

So that's the reason why United made another CL final and killed it domestically for the next 5 years where Real didn't win La Liga or even made a CL final, nice meme. He'd wanted to move a season before he actually did as well, but Sir Alex convinced him to stay another year - we ended up losing the CL final that year. Hardly a team on the downswing.

The reasons he gave United as a fanbase was that Real was his dream club. He would rather play for an objectively worse side there than play with us an win major trophies because that was his fantasy home. I don't really have a problem with that looking back, if I was playing for Juventus or something and the opportunity came up to join United I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Tiki_taka This is the third time you accuse me of having multiple accounts, you should be banned for that because you're active in trying to attack me personally without having to deal with any real discussion about football because you know that you have no upper hand in a real discussion since you're just a hater.
Not everyone thinks like you, in fact you're so eager to talk down everything that Real Madrid or CR7 has done that right after the Champions League final a few users pretty much told you that you're just a salty dude.

Once and for all, this is my only account that was already banned for a month 2 times because of fighting. But at this point just seeing how you're such a coward that can't even discuss properly and only talks like a blind hater I don't even care about this forum as much, I thought it was a great idea but it's not, you are protected to say any personal attack and insult and play down any player or club just because you adore Messi and Barcelona.

The truth about the stats and the view I talked about when discussing about CR7 and his career bothers you, but you can't win that argument so you try to play it down by personally attacking me and laughing at me, you're pathetic, I don't go around talking how Barcelona isn't good in Barcelona topics, you are just showing that Messi fans are not capable of showing any mature content when talking about football.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Hi Pepee i just added you since you are French so we can directly speak in your Wall welcome to FR btw :)

tiki_taka 7 years ago

@sun In 2009 Madrid signed 9 players including Benzema, Kaka, Xabi Alonso, Garay.... for + 250 millions and Perez told him that he is building a new era and a huge sportive project and that was true. That year Messi won all the trophies available and BO while Ronaldo just won one a season ago. There is no way a player who care that much for his career and I respect it, leave the club he likes the most for a doubtful project. At the opposite with his agent, they really wanted to come to Spain for different reasons aside from financials who also played a role.
Marketing, Clasico, to be in same Messi league and to be able to compete with him, for communication going to the dream club is a classic to throw to fans, but a professional career of someone who trains 3 times more than anyone isn't built on doubts nor on coincidences, he was totally aware of Perez project and knew he doesn't have other options rather than a move.
It's naive to trust any player communication specially when his agent is called Mendes... Madrid kept splashing money every transfer market to build the strongest team possible in their eyes and that sportive project was known since Perez got elected.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I have no doubt what you're saying factored into his decision. But the prevailing reason was always Madrid itself, and that's why can see to this day that United fans harbor nothing against Ronaldo. A player leaving while entering his prime from a team fresh off two CL finals in two seasons would be hammered by the fanbase if it wasn't for sentimental reasons.

Besides, when Ronaldo first brokered his desire to move, Perez wasn't president yet.

Pepeee 7 years ago
Arsenal, France 1 52

@Yvan21

Take Cristiano away from the team and you still have the best squad in Europe at the moment.

It wouldn't be far away -- undoubtedly among the best -- but we're gonna have to disagree here. Ronaldo makes the gap between Real Madrid and the likes of Bayern, Barcelona and Juventus.

@tiki_taka

Hi Pepee i just added you since you are French so we can directly speak in your Wall welcome to FR btw :)

Cheers pal, request accepted. I support the French national team, but I'm not French. If you'd like to ask me any questions, feel free to do so on the wall I didn't even realize I had.

Madridista11 7 years ago

Besides, when Ronaldo first brokered his desire to move, Perez wasn't president yet.

He ain't lying.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited

Wrong Florentino Perez got elected in 2009 after establishing a new galactico era compain, he promised Benzema, Kaka and Ronaldo and he got them, everyone knew about Perez Galactico project before he got elected players included reason why Mendes went in a fight with United to make the beast change country...
Aside from that, if the official version makes it a better story and you believe it, i have no problem with it but googlise and see when Perez got elected.enter image description here

Unless it's Perez clone during Ronaldo presentation...

Just one thing, when your agent is called Jorge Mendes, everything is calculated and there is no place for fairytales unless for teenage fan base and it's called communication...

Don't get me wrong here, he did the best decision he could do, he is no fool and very well adviced by his agent and mother, not just in Football but in everything... and i respect him for that.

@pepeee I'll make you comment Arsenal and makes you support France buddy would be even funnier for me ;)

• History

Wrong Florentino Perez got elected in 2009 after establishing a new galactico era compain, he promised Benzema, Kaka and Ronaldo and he got them, everyone knew about Perez Galactico project before he got elected players included reason why Mendes went in a fight with United to make the beast change country...
Aside from that, if the official version makes it a better story and you believe it, i have no problem with it but googlise and see when Perez got elected.enter image description here

Just one thing, when your agent is called Jorge Mendes, everything is calculated and there is no place for fairytales unless for teenage fan base and it's called communication...

@pepeee I'll make you comment Arsenal and makes you support France buddy would be even funnier for me ;)

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

Aside from that, if the official version makes it a better story and you believe it, i have no problem with it but googlise and see when Perez got elected.

As usual you glossed over my post to see what you wanted...

Ronaldo first expressed a desire to move to Madrid following the 07/08 season. Many fans thought he was going to leave, and he was in fact booed for the first few home games of 08/09 as a result. Obviously, Perez was not president at that time. Sir Alex ended up convincing him to stay for another year with the quality of United meaning that they could get another CL - which they were of course one win away from doing, Fergie wrote about all this in his autobiography, there's a whole chapter dedicated to Ronaldo.

You may know a lot about this sport, but don't mess with me about my own club. Pretty sure I got that down pat.

• History

Aside from that, if the official version makes it a better story and you believe it, i have no problem with it but googlise and see when Perez got elected.

As usual you glossed over my post to see what you wanted...

Ronaldo first expressed a desire to move to Madrid following the 07/08 season. Many fans thought he was going to leave, and he was in fact booed for the first few home games of 08/09 as a result. Obviously, Perez was not president at that time. Sir Alex ended up convincing him to stay for another year with the quality of United meaning that they could get another CL - which they were of course one win away from doing.

You may know a lot about this sport, but don't mess with me about my own club. Pretty sure I got that down pat.

Madridista11 7 years ago

@nigelpayne Sorry just read your comment. That's actually what I meant. Only reason for him to leave Madrid is to challenge himself. I just added the money thing to say China isn't the only spot that pays (United can pay too, of course.)

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Abramovich will sign Ronaldo in Moscow

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Yeah but fact is Perez brought Ronaldo, not Calderon. Ronaldo may have been linked to many clubs and always got booed, his expresses departure regularly, for many reasons including financial ones...
He got booed in 2006 after World Cup, he still stayed but he left when Perez was in charge and made him the main Galactico attraction, so no Ronaldo left in Perez time not Calderon.
He earned the biggest contract ever, signed huge marketing deals and we can't really say he moved for a worse club specially when we saw Perez project for the near future...