Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Official: Sergio Romero Transfers to Manchester United as a Free Agent!
TheGame 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

Manchester United is delighted to announce that goalkeeper Sergio Romero has signed a three-year contract with the option to extend for a further year.

Romero, 28, made his senior debut in the Argentine Premier Division with Racing Club in 2007. He went on to play for AZ Alkmaar and more recently Sampdoria. Sergio has represented his country on many occasions and was an integral part of Argentina’s 2014 World Cup squad in Brazil, who were defeated in the final by Germany.

Sergio Romero said: “I am absolutely delighted to join Manchester United. To play for the biggest club in the world is a dream come true for me. Louis van Gaal is a fantastic manager and I cannot wait to get started on this new and exciting challenge in my career.”

Louis van Gaal said: “Sergio is a very talented goalkeeper. He was a young keeper during my time at AZ Alkmaar and I am delighted he is joining Manchester United. He had a fantastic World Cup last summer in Brazil, although that is something I have put to the back of my mind! He will be a great addition to the team and I am looking forward to working with him once again.”

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Manchester United is delighted to announce that goalkeeper Sergio Romero has signed a three-year contract with the option to extend for a further year.

Romero, 28, made his senior debut in the Argentine Premier Division with Racing Club in 2007. He went on to play for AZ Alkmaar and more recently Sampdoria. Sergio has represented his country on many occasions and was an integral part of Argentina’s 2014 World Cup squad in Brazil, who were defeated in the final by Germany.

Sergio Romero said: “I am absolutely delighted to join Manchester United. To play for the biggest club in the world is a dream come true for me. Louis van Gaal is a fantastic manager and I cannot wait to get started on this new and exciting challenge in my career.”

Louis van Gaal said: “Sergio is a very talented goalkeeper. He was a young keeper during my time at AZ Alkmaar and I am delighted he is joining Manchester United. He had a fantastic World Cup last summer in Brazil, although that is something I have put to the back of my mind! He will be a great addition to the team and I am looking forward to working with him once again.”

Comments
raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I had originally read Sergio Ramos for some reason lol. But great move for Romero, I really hope he gets game time. Hes earned it for his performances in Argentina. Maybe this means De Gea is leaving soon?

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Heart attack as I read that as Sergio Ramos.

Tuanis 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Good backup I guess?..

• History

...? Good backup i guess?

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

OH MAN MY HEART! Thought that said Sergio Ramos as well.

DatGuy 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, United States 4 20

At least your heart muscles have got practice for the real deal soon enough!! :))

Anyway..Welcome to the BIGGEST club in the World Sergio Romero. Hope your stay is more fruitful than those of the other Argentines to have graced the Theatre of Dreams

• History

At least your heart muscles have got practice for the real deal soon enough!! :))

Anyway..Welcome to the BIGGEST club in the World Sergio Romero. Hope your stay is more fruitful that the other Argentines to have graced the Theatre of Dreams

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

am i the only one that read it 'Sergio Romero'?

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

This means DDG is on his way for sure....

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I almost thought it was Sergio Ramos... holy crap. Nevertheless, best of luck to him and welcome to the party~!!!!

Does that mean De Gea is on his way :( :(

• History

I almost thought it was Sergio Ramos... holy crap. Nevertheless, best of luck to him and welcome to the party~!!!!

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

He could be good replace if Real buy De Gea.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@tuanis I believe he's a GREAT backup, fantastic keeper.

@ashwin Hardly. This is a replacement for Valdes, who's going to leave. I've understood that Van Gaal won't let De Gea leave unless Man Utd could get Ramos for exchange.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I thought it was Ramos for a Sec! lol

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

United has done some great business this year . Every signing was not brainless buy just for the sake of buying .