Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Rooney Reacts To 'Ronaldo To Man City'
FootballGuy 3 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 36 125

enter image description here

Manchester United legend Wayne Rooney has reacted to the news that his former teammate Cristiano Ronaldo could join Manchester City.

Reports across Europe suggest that the 36-year-old Juventus forward could be close to a Premier League return, with City said to be in discussions with the Bianconeri over a transfer fee.

Ronaldo spent six years in the English top division with the Red Devils between 2003 and 2009, during which he claimed an incredible nine trophies, including three Premier League titles and a UEFA Champions League crown.

It is perhaps due to that legacy that Rooney "can't see" the transfer going through, but he also noted that anything is possible in football.

"It's an interesting one, but I can't see it," he said, according to the Daily Mirror.

"I think Cristiano has got a very good legacy at Manchester United and I know how proud he is as a player and a person. I can't see it, but it's football so you never know.

"There have been a few that have done it but no one at Cristiano's level. Obviously, Peter Schmeichel and Andy Cole, but I just can't see that as an option for him really.

"Financially, of course, he doesn't need to do it. I think it's more likely that it's PSG he goes to. I think you need to do what's right for you as a person, for your family.

"Everyone knows I could never play for Liverpool or Manchester City. That's obvious, but everyone's different.

"I think people move to clubs where they don't really want to but from a financial point of view that might be the only option they have, so I might get it from some people's point of view. But in terms of myself, that just wouldn't be an option."

Comments
tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It's freakin embarrassing!

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Well Rooney was right in the end, propably not exactly the way he meant it but he won't see it after all.