Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ronaldo vs Bale : who will score more this season ?
tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

If both don’t get injured, Bale without hesitation.

Waiting for your responses guys.

Comments
Marcus2011 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Costa was at Tottenham or City or even Arsenal

Maybe .. maybe not, i won't debate on this

ah man I hate doing research but here is something you didn't want to pull up yourself to show it to us :

Cristiano Ronaldo – 6.85 shots per goal
Ronaldo’s conversion rate of 14.6% could potentially be attributed to his struggles at the start of the season, before an incredible run of form saw him score 22 goals in 13 La Liga appearances. ( Which makes about 1 goal every 53 minutes or 1.8 goals per 90 min )

In total he managed 26 league goals from 178 shots during the season, with only Messi taking more shots in La Liga.

Here is Bales stats:

enter image description here

Btw, before you say that since Ronaldo left things may change at Real, I will tell you that Suarez older than Messi but had 4.84 shots per goal hitting 25 goals from 121 shots in La Liga this season at a conversion rate of 20.7%. Now, Bale should step up because as you said he is competing against old Ronaldo. Old Ronaldo has better physic and fitness than most young players and his sharpness in front of goal is still top 10 in the world not to mention his influence on the team psychologically.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Costa was at Tottenham or City or even Arsenal

Maybe .. maybe not, i won't debate on this

ah man I hate doing research but here is something you didn't want to pull up yourself to show it us :

Cristiano Ronaldo – 6.85 shots per goal
Ronaldo’s conversion rate of 14.6% could potentially be attributed to his struggles at the start of the season, before an incredible run of form saw him score 22 goals in 13 La Liga appearances. ( Which makes about 1 goal every 53 minutes or 1.8 goals per 90 min )

In total he managed 26 league goals from 178 shots during the season, with only Messi taking more shots in La Liga.

Here is Bales stats:

enter image description here

Btw, before you say that since Ronaldo left things may change at Real, I will tell you that Suarez older than Messi but had 4.84 shots per goal hitting 25 goals from 121 shots in La Liga this season at a conversion rate of 20.7%. Now, Bale should step up because as you said he is competing against old Ronaldo. Old Ronaldo has better physic and fitness than most young players and his sharpness in front of goal is still top 10 in the world not to mention his influence on the team psychologically.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Yep, Bale looks like he's getting back into hot form. Although I still think Ronaldo will bang in a lot of goals, Bale has a great chance to bring back the old days when he first joined RM.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

What you tend to forget is that Bale had a secondary role last year. No FK no PK, all the crosses were directed to CR which is logical, and sometimes bale was the one to cross.
Now he will be the one to convert, Ramos taking the PK spot, FK will logically go back to Bale but what’s most important is that Bale will get his central role with KB9 combining and getting him space.

Im not saying Bale > Ronaldo, I think Bale will step up due to his central role with the confidence he will gain and the new position he will take. I believe Asencio will also benefit from it.

At the opposite, Ronaldo is in a team where he will need to share attacking duties.

Marcus2011 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

What is going to happen to Benzema then? Don't you think that Benzema is just as hungry to prove himself and establish himself as a top scorer? Bale has more competition in Real than Ronaldo does in Juve (perhaps none at all).

You underestimate the power of will Ronaldo had to assert to get so many goals where everyone wants to score. I will be careful to say this but in Barcelona everyone worked for Messi. Xavi and Iniesta and all the rest always said that their top priority is to assist not to score and all the attackers ( exceptions like Villa who didn't like sharing but Suarez often does) . In Real, you have more selfish individuals who wants the glory of goal tally and Ronaldo had to establish himself continuously otherwise you will never see clear opportunity to score and Benzema or Bale, Assensio or others simply didn't want share clear goal opportunities with Ronaldo.

At Juventus, Ronaldo will be exactly what Messi is/was at Barcelona. Entire attacking force will work for him to score and Ronaldo as soon as he gets used to the new style will capitalize on it much more efficiently than Bale in his new role.

• History

What is going to happen to Benzema then? Don't you think that Benzema is just as hungry to prove himself and establish himself as top scorer? Bale has more competition in Real than Ronaldo does.

You underestimate the power of will Ronaldo had to assert to get so many goals where everyone wants to score. I will be careful to say this but in Barcelona everyone worked for Messi. Xavi and Iniesta and all the rest always said that their top priority is to assist not to score and all the attackers ( exceptions like Villa who didn't like sharing but Suarez often does) . In Real, you have more selfish individuals who wants the glory of goal tally and Ronaldo had to establish himself continuously otherwise you will never see clear opportunity to score and Benzema or Bale, Assensio or others simply sharing it with Ronaldo.

At Juventus, Ronaldo will be exactly what Messi is/was at Barcelona. Entire attacking force will work for him to score and Ronaldo as soon as he gets used to the new style will capitalize on it much more efficiently than Bale in his new role.

What is going to happen to Benzema then? Don't you think that Benzema is just as hungry to prove himself and establish himself as a top scorer? Bale has more competition in Real than Ronaldo does.

You underestimate the power of will Ronaldo had to assert to get so many goals where everyone wants to score. I will be careful to say this but in Barcelona everyone worked for Messi. Xavi and Iniesta and all the rest always said that their top priority is to assist not to score and all the attackers ( exceptions like Villa who didn't like sharing but Suarez often does) . In Real, you have more selfish individuals who wants the glory of goal tally and Ronaldo had to establish himself continuously otherwise you will never see clear opportunity to score and Benzema or Bale, Assensio or others simply sharing it with Ronaldo.

What is going to happen to Benzema then? Don't you think that Benzema is just as hungry to prove himself and establish himself as a top scorer? Bale has more competition in Real than Ronaldo does in Juve (perhaps none at all).

You underestimate the power of will Ronaldo had to assert to get so many goals where everyone wants to score. I will be careful to say this but in Barcelona everyone worked for Messi. Xavi and Iniesta and all the rest always said that their top priority is to assist not to score and all the attackers ( exceptions like Villa who didn't like sharing but Suarez often does) . In Real, you have more selfish individuals who wants the glory of goal tally and Ronaldo had to establish himself continuously otherwise you will never see clear opportunity to score and Benzema or Bale, Assensio or others simply won't be sharing goal opportunities with Ronaldo.

You underestimate the power of will Ronaldo had to assert to get so many goals where everyone wants to score. I will be careful to say this but in Barcelona everyone worked for Messi. Xavi and Iniesta and all the rest always said that their top priority is to assist not to score and all the attackers ( exceptions like Villa who didn't like sharing but Suarez often does) . In Real, you have more selfish individuals who wants the glory of goal tally and Ronaldo had to establish himself continuously otherwise you will never see clear opportunity to score and Benzema or Bale, Assensio or others simply didn't want share goal opportunities with Ronaldo.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Yes reason why Messi scored 92 goals in one season. He got the best midlefield trio ever imo. Actually I only saw Xavi importance once he left. Reason why I rated Modric high for a while...
KB9 doesn’t look wanting the 9 role, his football has evolved from his Lyon days, now he is more like a ten or a false nine like Mandzukic. 2 players will benefit from CR7 departure. Asencio and Bale.
It remains only prédictions let’s see what this season will offer...

DannyZeek 6 years ago
5 31

BALE in my opinion gor room this season to show "AWAITED EAGERNESS" which was burning inside.

He certainly, needs a lot of momentum to score more goals then Cr7 [Which likely seems possible atm]

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Let alone claims on who’s the best rivalries...etc
Just saw Ronaldo’s game, he tries so hard you want him to succeed. I do this season he gives it all.
But it won’t change my opinion on the thread, if he succeeds to outscore Bale, it will be an achievement comparing both clubs style of play.
If Bale outscores him, it’s just normal Bale will bag easy goals while CR will fight hard. That was the aim of this thread not proving one is better than he other.

If Totti was in monster club, he would have won BO, that’s football, collective sport. Except for Alliens...

tiki_taka 6 years ago

If Bale have been shooting PKs, he would have probably 4 goals right now. He has 2 in 2 weeks which is not bad.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Bump. Too soon to ask those who laughed at me for a mea culpa. I guess you got my point now. Probably overrating a traditional striker job, if no one assist you, you do not score. As simple as this.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Shrug. Ronaldo had like 5 goals before Christmas last season and ended with like 40 or something. I don't know the specifics, but it was a lot. Bale's been doing better than I thought he would though, inb4 leg injury.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

So yeah, Bale has been scoring quite a bit for Real unlike CR7 for Juve but still, like sun said, its too soon to conclude this mean Bale will outscore him. He can start to score 5 a game in the last ten game of the season and finish with more than 40 goals. lol

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Well maybe, maybe not. If Bale had CR PK spot, there will be no contest. Madrid got already 3 pks 2 converted by Ramos and one by Benz.
I think it will be a tough race at the end of the season, but only if Juve starts feeding CR properly, I saw him playing on the wings while Mandzukic up front. This doesn’t help.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

I will give the benefit of the doubt that ronaldo needs to get used to lower quality of service from juventus midfield and fullbacks. bale had better supports from mid and marcelo.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Honestly think Real can win La Liga this year, excellent football. If Spain had Lopetegui, they would have won the WC 100%. As I said, it's a Bale question more than R7. Stay injury free, be consistent ( not exactly what R7 was in the League in the last few years) fully use that service and there's a winner. Bale outscores Ronaldo and Real might get the La Liga.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@amir Well, to be fair, Barca is very solid in attack but Real is more consistant in defence. They also look better in attack under Lopetegui. So yeah, its a fair assessement they could win the league if they keep up.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Yeah I think they might. From Barcelona's perspective they should aim for CL, I mean Valverde did spent 500 million euros. I think a CL this year is a must for him, even if half that money was Neymar, it's still a lot of money for a team like Barcelona.

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited

Transfemarkets since Valverde didn’t cost us a penny, Neymar is 226 mil + 50 mil Paulinho + 12 Deulofeu + Yerri Mina 34 mil + Alex Vidal + Marlon + Alcacer + Douglas + Turan..... this season we bought 4 players in Vidal + Arthur + Lenglet + Malcom we still earned 17 mil with Rafinha and Munir back. We spent like 40 mil since Valverde came despite Dembele/Coutinho signings...
All the new commers except Dembele and Coutinho have cheap wages and we got rid of many expensive wages even loaning them to secure an equilibrium after securing Messî’s « last contract «. Things have been done well for once. Direction did well.

• History

Transfemarkets since Valverde didn’t cost us a penny, Neymar is 226 mil + 50 mil Paulinho + 12 Deulofeu + Yerri Mina 34 mil + Alex Vidal + Marlon + Alcacer + Douglas + Turan..... this season we bought 4 players in Vidal + Arthur + Lenglet + Malcom we still earned 17 mil with Rafinha and Munir back. We spent like 40 mil since Valverde came despite Dembele/Coutinho signings...

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Real is more consistant in defence

Real always concede more goals than Barca in La Liga. Been over a decade since that didn't happen.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Pupper Woah, you are right, didn't even reallize that. Still, I didn't expect it at all since Real Madrid CBs recently striked me as better defender than Barca CBs.

• History

@Pupper Woah, you are right, didn't even reallize that. Still, I didn't expect it at all since Real Madrid CBs alway striked me as better defender than Barca CBs.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

It's not a question of Real having better defenders than Barcelona. Barcelona's high-possession tactics limit the number of opportunities the opposition gets to score. This works extremely well against mediocre Spanish teams since the Spanish style of attacking involves slow and precise build-ups rather than swift counter-attacks.

Barcelona's style would be, defensively, less productive in the Bundesliga, where teams love playing a high-octane offense.

If you want proof of the stylistic difference, have a look at Barcelona and Real's CL efforts and how their defense fares there. Madrid have had a better GA/G ratio than Barcelona in 5 of the last 8 seasons (since Madrid have been regularly making the CL semi-finals).

Some of the seasons are slightly distorted, though, as Madrid's 2017/18 campaign saw them have to go through Paris, Bayern, Juventus, and Liverpool, which undoubtedly increased their GA.

Year Barcelona GA/G Real Madrid GA/G
2010/11 0.69 0.50
2011/12 0.83 0.75
2012/13 1.42 1.50
2013/14 0.80 0.77
2014/15 0.85 0.83
2015/16 0.80 0.46
2016/17 1.20 1.38
2017/18 0.60 1.23

Back on topic, it's only been 3 games. Let's wait until the next 35 to see who really had the better goal-scoring season.