Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Referee under-pressure to favor Real Madrid in the upcoming El Clasico
tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

A report has been issued claiming that a referee has been instructed to be in favor of Real Madrid in the El Clasico on 21/11.

The police is investigating on everyone involve and hopefully they will spot them out.

According to COPE, a prosecutor Jacinto Vicente Hernández from Barcelona was contacted by a referee on 19/10 saying he was under the pressure and was instructed to help Real. Vicente refused to reveal his identity for safety sake, despite the ref wanted to go on air.

The prospected guilty one is: José Ángel Jiménez Muñoz de Morales - a member of Spainish Referee Comittee (el Comité Técnico de Árbitros).

This is quite UNACCEPTABLE, the first time in Spanish football history such a scandal has been revealed before the event (or ever).

I hope it's not Barcelona who is doing something dumb, nor Real Madrid is being crazy... and it's just some crazy-ass-people want attention. PEOPLE DONT RUIN THIS LEGENDARY MATCH.

Source: I can only find in Spanish ATM, anyone knows how reliable COPE is?
http://www.cope.es/detalle/Un-abogado-denuncia-supuestas-presiones-a-un-arbitro-para-actuar-en-contra-del-Barca-en-el-Clasico.html

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20151021/202337158292/denuncia-clasico-presiones-arbitro-asistente.html

Comments
decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Disgusting.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ehh classic . I am outraged these sort of things just became public .

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Apparently it concerns a linesman, as odd as it seems i spotted many wrong offside goals deniying Barça goals in the past specially last year. But i ll never think its deliberate until proofs will be given.
Its not really shocking, that game is a title deciding game in a country where Football is more than just a sport, Nothing prooves Madrid implication or Barça victimization to make sure Ref will be fair. I just saw it now and went to[1]: http://www.marca.com/en/ to verify it.
Apparently refs arent named yet by Spanish ref comitee but i dont think so, less than a month of the clasico im sure refs already know that they will refree the game. Anyway if anything this had became public so no linesman can try to influence the game in any team favor and im not against it.

JozeMourinho 9 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

And I was wondering why no 80+ million transfer happened this year by RM since they were left trophyless guess they decided to buy something different.
No offence to their fans since they have nothing to do with it.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

There's a huge betting market, so more than likely the pressure don't come from clubs themselves, but rather from criminal organizations in this type of business. It's unusual at this level though. In Sweden (among the worlds least corrupt countries) there have been several "incidents" in the past few years, where it has been quite obvious that either players or refs are bribed. Can just imagine how much this is going on in the rest of the world. Shameful.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, you can sometimes think if referees are really that bad or they are making fixed decisions.

• Games were fixed
  • Games are fixed
  • Games will be fixed
Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@JozeMourinho

With all due respect, Real Madrid have not fixed a match any time in the last 20 years. As a club, we are too proud to win in such a shameful manner. Accusations such as yours are pathetic because they have no proof supporting them.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

There's a huge betting market, so more than likely the pressure don't come from clubs themselves, but rather from criminal organizations in this type of business. It's unusual at this level though. In Sweden (among the worlds least corrupt countries) there have been several "incidents" in the past few years, where it has been quite obvious that either players or refs are bribed. Can just imagine how much this is going on in the rest of the world. Shameful.

I'm inclined to believe this. I doubt the club itself would take part in it due to the massive repercussions that would follow if caught. (Although knowing FIFA and UEFA....)

JozeMourinho 9 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Dynastian98 Sure thing.

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@JozeMourinho Haha nothing is confirmed buddy. Don't be one of those mindless sheep

JozeMourinho 9 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Madridista11 I have nothing against your club, nothing against you but in some matches you had the refs help.

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

The question here is what team doesn't benefit from ref's mistakes?

Seriously.