Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Really wish there was no comment section in the Highlights page.
srk_rox 4 years ago Edited
Liverpool 5 542

I watched the highlights and came down to see what our knowlegeable folks has to say in the comments section. The toxicity and the hate was so much that I still can't get my head around it.
People keep asking why FR forum members often go inactive. Do you want the people to live their life dragging this hatred comment section from this website. Sadly, this isn't limited to the Highlights section. We have had similar stories in the forums as well.
People seek inner peace as they age. So, the opposite is exactly happening with the site. The toxicity is too much to handle.. FR would be too happy to cash in from all the hate in the site. Something what AFTV did to become a miliion-dollar worth yt channel

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I watched the highlights and came down to see what our knowlegeable folks has to say in the comments section. The toxicity and the hate was so much that I still can't get my head around it.
People keep asking why FR forum members often go inactive. Do you want the people to live their life dragging this hatred comment section from this website. Sadly, this isn't limited to the Highlights section. We have had similar stories in the forums as well.
People seek inner peace as they age. So, the opposite is exactly happening with the site.

People seek inner peace as they age. So, the opposite is exactly happening with the site. The toxicity is too much to handle..

Comments
Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ah man it is internet. That is what people do on internet. It won’t change anytime soon nor can anyone change it. Ignore it.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Once I finally took other's advice to ignore people like that, it did allow for a much better net experience. Gaming MMOs, forums, they all have certain people who live to troll. For a while, I would just smile at them, but eventually, I just never replied. They would find someone who would and go mess with them.

Some people grow up, others don't. Common sense is a super power!

srk_rox 4 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

@Marcus.. Well, I know this has existed all along.. But,we can certainly make things better..
If there was one reform that I would recommend, as the devs of this site keep asking for recommendations from the users, is like a show-hide feature which selectively filters the comments from the selected users, say users who are 'friends' only.

And the comment section by itself be, by default, hiding the comments from the users who are trolls, characterized by their big downvotes that their profile data shows.By this, the chance that a troll's voice is 'heard' will come down drastically.
All this might go into deaf ears, but nevertheless are some ideas which are steps in the right direction,and are big deterrents for trolls who would eventually give up. I have never cared to write this great deal up as I knew sub-consciously the site earns from comment flares and would never give a damn. On the other hand, in recent times, I have made sure not to mute my opinions if it is for a better tomorrow.

@DarthFooty Common sense is a super power. That was well put.
Hey mate.. I came to know that you are a coach as a profession. Can you share on how you started out as a coach, and your professional experience? This could be very useful for young lads out here.

expertfootball11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I just mostly stopped commenting in highlights

tiki_taka 4 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Lol if your team is hated, its a very good news.... Thats because Liverpool are succesful Every team want thèm dead.
Actually its very easy to bé a Liverpool fan right now, haters have few moments to troll your team but when they have, they go all in 😁 why are you even caring your club will lift a cup you probably never Saw them lifting it in your lifetime, enjoy...

Édit : mate i just went to highlights, half of the comments were yours lol, thats a pointless defeat. Thé Real game now for Liverpool is Atletico and Chelsea in thé cup. Thé League is secured.

• History

Lol if your team is hated, its a very good news.... Thats because Liverpool are succesful Every team want thèm dead.
Actually its very easy to bé a Liverpool fan right now, haters have few moments to troll your team but when they have, they go all in 😁 why are you even caring your club will lift a cup you probably never Saw them lifting it in your lifetime, enjoy...

Greatone 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

I wish I had a dollar for every time I see one of these threads made by people who lack an iota of self awareness.

Here we find a nice little selection of comments made by you on that ONE highlight section.

If you participate in giving banter, expect to receive some. If you don't want to deal with banter: don't try to dish it out, that's my number one tip. Let the trolls and haters keep hating on each other. If you want to be part of that group, don't cry when that group bites you in the ass.

enter image description here

• History

I wish I had a dollar for every time I see one of these threads made by people who lack an iota of self awareness.

Here we find a nice little selection comments made by you on the ONE highlight section. If you participate in giving banter, expect to receive some. If you don't want to deal with banter: don't try to dish it out, that's my number one tip. Let the trolls and haters keep hating on each other. If you want to be part of that group, don't cry when that group bites you in the ass.

srk_rox 4 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

@tiki..
Yeah.. I kind of didn't expect fans of other teams storm our page as if they were waiting for this day..
This kind of says how football fans have inherent hatred towards other teams and would like to boast about their team's performance in their school/college/job.. To play devil's advocate, these trolls could very well be as a result of so much boasts other fans had to receive in their school/college/job.

I should have better ignored the trolls, although easier said than done

srk_rox 4 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

@GreatOne

Not sure what your point is..

Although, I would like to clarify what had happened in that comment section.. First, a bunch of Arsenal fans came out to celebrate that their 'invincible' title is safe at the expense of another team's defeat. I found that to be a total lack of concern for others just to make himself feel good, a bit selfish imo.

I took the Arsenal-Liverpool history battle too personal, and hence went out in full assault.

I am not here to speak about what happened in that ONE particular highlights page. I am just here to convey that the world would be a better place if that comment section had not been there at the first place.

srk_rox 4 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

Instead of propagating flares, burst-outs, it is best to quell them..

We live in a world where being quiet to atrocities or hatred is considered a submission or acceptance. (Yes or No?). The world makes us learn that giving back is the best way of quieting others. Although, looking back, I wish I had not entered the tussle. At the same time, I am happy I gave them back what they deserved.

I do not mind to blatantly put out that FR likes to encourage these flare-ups to mint that extra money. As I said, I would gradually move away from the site, so do others, as we have been seeing, is the only way to attain the peace

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Please report troll, flag comment as much as you can, I have ban countless number of trolls, take advantange of the rule etc...

But we can't go through every matches without comment being flagged. Help us, we will deal with them

Footy_watch 4 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

This is so silly, everyone was waiting for Liverpool to lose and it has no effect on their first premier league title.

This_site_is_a_jk 4 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Spain 0 18

*-------- LOAD OF BULL-CRAP that are deleted because we DO NOT TOLERATE TROLLS --------------

• History

I'd say man the hell up. So trolls are making you cry on the web boohoo. The admins on here have favourites and banned people for saying the truth. My whole ordeal is are you gonna ban someone in real life if they harm you? Truth is no you can't you'll just sit there and take it. These admins pretend to do something behind the computer screen but we know what you are. Can't take a joke or banter so they protect these favourites who are also guilty of hate and derogatory comments. This site is biased and it's why it's gone dead. We need to vote on new admins.

I'd say man the hell up. So trolls are making you cry on the web boohoo. The admins on here have favourites and banned people for saying the truth. My whole ordeal is are you gonna ban someone in real life if they harm you? Truth is no you can't you'll just sit there and take it. These admins pretend to do something behind the computer screen but we know what you are. Can't take a joke or banter so they protect these favourites who are also guilty of hate and derogatory comments. This site is biased and it's why it's gone dead. We need to vote on new admins.

Edit: Now, just to make it clear two wrongs don't make a right and in this case 3 don't make a right. Go to the man citeh banned from cl thread. You can see the mods let hateful words stand will the other guys comment are edited or deleted but the Chelsea moron and psg guy words are still there. How is it fair they can say retard and the f word?? Admins are corrupt and let injustice stand but I'm going straight to footyroom!!

I'd say man the hell up. So trolls are making you cry on the web boohoo. The admins on here have favourites and banned people for saying the truth. My whole ordeal is, are you gonna ban someone in real life if they harm you? Truth is no you can't you'll just sit there and take it. These admins pretend to do something behind the computer screen but we know what you are. Can't take a joke or banter so they protect these favourites who are also guilty of hate and derogatory comments. This site is biased and it's why it's gone dead. We need to vote on new admins.

Edit: Now, just to make it clear two wrongs don't make a right and in this case 3 don't make a right. Go to the man citeh banned from cl thread. You can see the mods let hateful words stand will the other guys comment are edited or deleted but the Chelsea moron and psg guy words are still there. How is it fair they can say retard and the f word?? Admins are corrupt and let injustice stand but I'm going straight to footyroom!!

* LOAD OF BULL-CRAP that are deleted because we DO NOT TOLERATE TROLLS ***

Greatone 4 years ago

interesting user account name. I wonder if you have some sort of bias...

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

"This_site_is_a_jkUnited_Hates_Bluesuncle_touchyTuan_jim_isfgtfkdj_nioFooty_watch" <=== all of the upvoters. I love it. easy way to smoke out trolls and multiaccounters

srk_rox 4 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

@tuan Pls give those multi-accounts a life-time ban..
You may take consensus through voting from other legit users. clean the site :)

dj_nio 4 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Spain 1 16

Lol. Half the mods here can't play football.

• History

All I'm asking is to edit the city banned forum Marcus said retard and pelle f word. Just delete the words. Idc about anything else

Footy_watch 4 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Lol it took the moderator a good 2 days to deal with @thissiteisajk

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Mods are dealing all day with no life retards, so dont go and blâme them because they cannot bé everywhere and they do not get any payement for it...

Footyroom imo should pay thé mods, even a little amount, they deserve it...

Manmanutd 4 years ago Edited
4 702

@

• History

@tuan_jinn you need to ban a troll who's trying to be the anti version of me. His username is "Arsenalarsenal"

Greatone 4 years ago

expectations are real high on the mods who don't get anything out of it but spend lots of their own personal time. Lot's of whinging going on around here.

The only thing that could be done is that maybe we should have the mods team expand a little bit or run a few trial mods for a little bit and see if that can help. If the mods really want to deal the problem of trolls and spammers and toxicity on the ground level, maybe they just need a bigger number, I don't know.