Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PSG looking good in 2020
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

So I haven't really followed PSG a lot this season and it might be a weird time making this thread since their last game was a draw but stat wise and performance wise, they are looking really good.

I don't how good they did last season but this year, they are undefeated in the CL with 5 win and a single draw and only lost 3 games in the league.

Other interesting information about is that both Icardi and Gueye, who are their major summer signing did not flop at all. Their doing pretty well it seem.

Finally, their attacking player, Neymar, Icardi, M'bappe and Di Maria are all been very prolific with over 35 goal all together and a good number of assist.

So the fact that they are going to win the league is not in much doubt but I do also believe that it look like they could do better in the CL as well if they star player keep playing this way.

I personally doubted thing would go smoothly after all the injury at the beggining of the season and the Neymar drama.

But what are you're thought on the matter? Please share your opinion. ;)

Comments
_Pelle_ 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Problems with inconsistencies though. I am afraid it will not happen in UCL again 😱

Mbappe-Neymar-Icardi-Di Maria looks great offensively, but the team suffers a bit defensively with this lineup.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago

Truth is that most other french top teams have also been quite
inconsistent. Monaco had a poor start, Marseille had also a relatively poor start, Lyon has been struggling etc

The reason PSG been at the top is not only because of their better squad, but also because of their main rivals been struggling.

Louis15 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain, France 0 59

Our attack is the second best in Europe if you ask me (behind Liverpool's). Midfield and defense are good too, but compared with other top teams we are lacking a bit (specially in defense). Also nobody mentioned Navas but he is perhaps the biggest signing for us. With him as a keeper i think barcelona 6-1 and machester 3-1 scenarios will not happen to us again. PSG's biggest weakness though is still the mental game, if we get passed Dortmund (which I think we will) and keep our players injury free (specially Neymar) I believe that will help a lot in that aspect. But then again you never know :)

On another note, I'm happy that teams like Monaco are giving us a hard time. Ligue 1 was getting boring the past few years.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I think their biggest problem, remain to be seen is to unite and deliver as a team in crucial stage, something they have failed to do in the last few years since big investment.

They have all the potential to do that, also given the right platform.

Let's see

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Well, if PSG key player manage to remain healty for the second half of the season, this will help them a lot in CL where they been rather unlucky in that sector in the past.

After that, what they need to focus is consistency, especially in big match, especially defensively.

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Anyone notice how good Keylor Navas has been playin ? He's miles better than any keeper they have had.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago

Very solid goalkeeper. RM did not appreciate him enough

expertfootball11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

They will bottle the Champions League as usual

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Anyone notice how good Keylor Navas has been playin

Sadly, haven't had much occasion to see him play recently but he is a goalkeeper I appreciate a lot so I'm happy to hear he is doing well. He is underated for sure.

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Keylor was crucial in all titles won by Madrid, pressure went on Zidane's shoulders to make room for courtois undeservedly imo because keylor was a real wall, he barely concede any cheap goal and makes crucial saves... Will be different from old Buffon with all my respect to the legend.
I think Gana was a key signing, with icardi and el matador they what they need upfront. But they cannot afford any injury in midlefield, what is crucial between February and may...

Back to back remontadas leave a huge mental issue, we Barca fans know what its like :) but then players like Mbappe and Neymar should show their worth mentally, they are able to do that. Add to this they didn't make it to quarters since ancelotti I think, right ?

Imo they can have the challenger tag, they can target semi finals in CL, after that, complicated things will start.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

@tiki At very least, they should really beat BVB with the team they have. After that, it will be necessary to see who to they draw before making prediction, I believe.

brucewilliams20 4 years ago
Pakistan 0 7

I haven't really checked his profile, but he looks good in the photo.

AlexMD 4 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 9

this year PSG won 20 Of 25 matchs and just 3 lose. they are first on the table with 62 points.