Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Probably Most Underrated Player in Europe
DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

I Know that if thumbs down where still active this Post would have about - 20.
After a long time of considering i finally decided to write a few words about one Player who nobody except for Barcelona fans like/recognise his importance in the team(both Barcelona and Spain National team). Of course i am talking about Sergio Busqeuts.
He is just 24 years old and have managed to win so many titles(not necessary to mention them),have benched Yaya Toure, Made Mascherano a CB because Pep was not able to use him as a Defensive Midfielder because of busqeuts,Song has not played a lot(and even the games that he played he was a CB). So why Every Manager Prefers him to his starting eleven?
First Pep,Second del Bosque and now Tito.
Dont you think that they know something more than us?
Busqeuts has one of the most important roles in Barca,It looks easy to everyone(Xavi,Iniesta they say) but it isn't. His Role is "simple" steal the ball and pass it, no one asks him to dribble,shoot etc.. He makes perfectly what the each coach asks from him.
he has been accused of Racism,Diving,Cheating but he seems not to get affected.
I agree that sometimes he is acting without no reason but I cant imagine Barca without him..

You Can see what others saying about him!

"if you don't notice that role of the defensive midfielder then he is doing a perfect job"
"Rinus Michels"

Comments
raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

He is a very quality player. Came out of nowhere when Pep brought him into the team and has been a starter ever since. He has quality passing quality touch quality defending. He's pretty complete in my opinion. Only bad thing about him is that he acts too much. 

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@Raimondo90
yeah mate.. But everyone emphasize in your last sentence! no one gives a shit that he is a quality player..

quikzyyy 12 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

DonAndres i really respect u here, yea he got really qualify of true defender, he got awesome passing BUT he dive in almost every game. I really hate it. I don't know why players with his qualities must dive. And now all Barca fans to me!

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@quikzyyy
Not every game but he dives a lot..
No one knows why..
I Respect everyone's opinion here so there's no problem..

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

I hate busquets very much and hes a f*cking diver but i have to say he is amazing. His passes are good and for me he is one of the best Spanish defensive midfielders atm.

KingHenry 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@RonaldoR9 I'd say THE best spanish defensive midfielder. Xabi Alonso is more of a holding midfielder. He would never play centerback.
I admire the guy's talent even if I don't like his acting and diving. It's really iritating, especially when it's against my team.

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

@KingHenry , Xabi Alonso is also great but what about Arteta? or Cazorla? these are good ones too Fabregas is amazing you can place him anywhere in the defense , midfield or attack but the best spanish midfielder right now is for me Andres Iniesta this guy is so amazing and i think Xavi is almost to the same level but Iniesta is a bit better.

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@R9 he's talking about defensive mids. Fab, Cazorla, Xavi, Iniesta and Arteta don't play defensive mid

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

@raimondo well ive seen cazorla and fabregas playing defensive midfielders at the spanish national team even though they are not defensive mid.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

A defensive mid acts as a link between attacking and defending. Break the opposition attack before it can pose threat and pass the ball to CM for attack to build. And Busquets does it good.

Good to see two Barca fans accepting his diving :) 

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I wouldn't say that he's still underrated, since he's finally getting the credit he deserves. Yes, he dives and cheats, but look at the positive side of his game. He's the key to the Barca midfield. Xavi and Iniesta are too far up attacking and Puyol and Pique are too far back holding the defensive line. This guy intercepts basically every ball that gets behind Xavi and Iniesta. He's a great midfielder, but I personally think that Xabi Alonso is still miles ahead of him in terms of holding the defensive line (probably due to experience though).

WhatTheHell 12 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

I agreed he is "ONE OF THE MOST UNDERRATED FOOTBALLER" in the world right now...It just sad that football fan always look on his bad side... here is  "ONE OF THE MOST UNDERRATED FOOTBALLER" also his name is Bastian Schweinsteiger.

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@whatTheHell 
Lol.
Everyone Knows Bastian's class.. No one doubt about him!

ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

Iker Muniain is underrated for me

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Bastian is  not really under rated.

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

HAHAHAHAHHAHA! Donandres you're so funny kid!

thijsFCB 12 years ago
Barcelona, Netherlands 45 223

I absolutely agree with you mate. Everybody has got his own opinion, but if you look further than most people do, they'll all understand. 

He shouldn't be judged for diving or cheating, because he already achieved more at the age of 24 than a lot of people will in their whole life.

He's a hell of a player!

Tuanis 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

He is not underrated, he is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world but his constant diving anc complaining and bitching has created a very poor reputation for him. I personally hate him but he is really good doing what he does best, diving... hahaha but he is very good at his position and that is why he plays for Barcelona and Spain as a starting XI. 

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

I nemember when the best portuguise footballer wasn`t ronaldo

JuanMata10 12 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I completely agree with you DonAndres. Without Busquets, Barca would have never won those six titles in 2009. I actually like Busquets a lot, because he plays very intelligent and provocative (i laughed at his Maradona roulette against those two players). His role isn't really to shoot goals or assist them, but to steal the ball from his opponents and pass it to the front and he is awesome at this.