Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Premier League Predictions: Who will win it? 2017-18
DarioUtd 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 27 493

Sorry guys!! Maybe far too early to start making predictions but who do you think will win the Premier League next season? Please give reason(s) why you think that club will win it! Thanks! :D

If you vote for 'Another Club', again, please tell us who that club is, and why you have made that choice! :)

Once again, sorry it is so early to start making these predictions! Keep smiling! :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Sorry guys!! Maybe far too early to start making predictions but who do you think will win the Premier League next season? Please give reason(s) why you think that club will win it! Thanks! :D

If you vote for 'Another Club', again, please tell us who that club is, and why you have made that choice! :)

Once again, sorry it is so early to start making these predictions but i'm interested! Keep smiling! :)

Comments
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tiki

I let you go and check the stats . Also keep in mind the most goals Aguero scored also includes his penalties . The guy had IFfy season and didn't even make the team of the year .. All around inconsistent and injury prone . Don't remember him so injury prone in La liga . Amean stars are protected in La Liga so well that even slight push is yellow card .

. Walk in the park is La liga because even your second best striker scores 20+ goals . More space argument you always tend to use just contradicts the facts how La Liga strikers performed in EPL . It can support the fact that midfielders strive here but strikers ? No . We were expecting Diego Costa to become top goalscorer for a third season already but always not enough . He has scored many goals and it is all good . He has that drive but he is also Brazilian . Maybe if we give him penalties . After all to score 30 goals in EPL is quiet an achievement . 31 goals record is shared by Ronaldo , Suarez and Shearer .

In conclusion, It isn't walk in the park and this is hard for you to accept but you are hardcore La liga fan so I understand and at times I see no point in arguing because you won't think otherwise which is fine with me )))

Also , Pogba had a good 1st season but if he has another good season than United definitely overpaid for him and he just doesn't deserve to praises he has received . Some players just do better in other leagues . Dzeko sucked in EPL but went to Seria A and is doing more than fine .

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@nigel

@legends maybe i was exaggerating a bit with the whole half the season
part but the point is ibras age makes him more prone to injury which
was the main reason for his absence

I don't think Ibra's age made him susceptible to injury, the injury he had would've happened however old he was. Overall Ibra made more appearances than Aguero, and only 2 less than Harry Kane who has also suffered from injury that had nothing to do age as he is 23.

also costa didn't have to score as many goals per game as there were
more top goal scorers in the team like hazard and pedro...ibra was the
only major goalscorer for us so he shud have been scoring more goals
per game than costa

That exactly proves my point!

Man Utd's problem is that Ibra was the only major goalscorer. Replacing one major goalscorer (Ibra) with another major goalscorer (Griezmann) doesn't address the problem at all. The problem is that your Mkhis and Martials are only scoring 4 goals each in the season, where Hazard is scoring 16, or Pedro 9 for Chelsea.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

nigelpayne

I understand it is unlikely with mou's very defensive mindset when putting together the team-sheet but it would be very effective were it to happen

I say, it's a risk.

Certain teams are known for having not so good players, but playing good as a team, like Leicester. Others are the opposite. This applies to teams like United, Bayern, City...

Individually Griezmann will be a big buy, same with Belotti who is a player I feel is the best at his age (with Mbappe). It would be very effective if Mourinho knows how to bind them together at the right time. He did it greatly with Mkhi.

Let's not forget, you guys all had Falcao, RVP and Di Maria. When that season started (before you bought Falcao and Di Maria) I thought you would win the league and watched your game against Swansea along Arsenal. I changed my mind about United winning the league. During that period you were linked with a lot of players like Hamsik, Muller, Kroos....

If Mou can get them together, alongside keeping his MVPS happy ( Rashford for one), then that would be great. If not, then a lot of money is just being wasted.

Money is never a problem for your club, your club wants to get back to the top and spent a lot, something not my club has.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@legends

Man Utd's problem is that Ibra was the only major goalscorer. Replacing one major goalscorer (Ibra) with another major goalscorer (Griezmann) doesn't address the problem at all. The problem is that your Mkhis and Martials are only scoring 4 goals each in the season, where Hazard is scoring 16, or Pedro 9 for Chelsea.

thats why I suggested a strike partnership

@amir/legends however doesnt look that likely to work out now as united have backed out on the whole griezmann idea as they are pursuing other targets

also the atletico transfer ban makes it almost certain no one is leaving the club...maybe belotti is still on the table

RBcity 7 years ago
Manchester City, England 3 29
  1. Spurs
    2.City
    3.Chelsea
    4.Liverpool
    5.united

i know im not showing a footy spirit by putting city second, but i personally think that spurs will come first because of their consistency and young talent that we saw near to the end of last season.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Don't disagree at all.

thats why I suggested a strike partnership

Dual striker systems are dead now. You either need a second striker with an insane workrate, or use wingers to stretch the backline. Centrebacks are too good now for a basic two up top.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Sun

You either need a second striker with an insane workrate, or use wingers to stretch the backline.

Use a time machine to bring back the young Rooney as a SS and the young Ronaldo and Giggs as wingers. There, you're all set. :')

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

Well, seem like I never was on this thread before, wonder where I was... :( Anyway, it seem the majority who voted were right, the PL is being dominated by City, United and Chelsea (but by City above all else obviously). Its still kind of impressive to think City are doing so well though. So, anyone would like to point how right or wrong they were? :D

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Liverpool doing better than I expected, and it will be interesting to see how van Dijk changes things there. He was definitely the player they needed most, so kudos to Klopp for getting him. Is 3rd a possibility?

Otherwise pretty much as I predicted :D

Mou's position at United will be an interesting one to watch. As it seems really unlikely they will win the PL now, he will need to pick up trophies somewhere else - the board no doubt expected at least a sustained title challenge, so without this he will need other reasons to prove his worth. They are out of the EFL, but are at least in the Champions League and FA cup. It will be fascinating to see whether he focuses on the CL or the PL from now on. What are people's thoughts on this?

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Emo: Same here, I voted but didn't participate in the discussion :D not sure how I missed it. :D:D:D Ahhh I was on vac :D:D:D:D

Well Manchester United is going down hill, hope to bounce back soon if Mou isn't so stubborn and crazy. Man City is rater invincible at this point and Liverpool is doing quite well.

Im not sure if Van Dijk would shine as his price tag though :D

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Ha I put Arsenal at 3rd. That won’t happen.

Although I’m sad saying we won’t get third, you can really see how bad it’s gone.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

To be honest, the last few years have surprised in the EPL, with City, United, Chelsea, and Arsenal all experencing levels of problems they don't usually, and with teams like Spurs and Leicester finishing in places that they didn't traditionally.

This season has been vanilla as f*ck. City, who on paper should have been first for the past four years, actually are playing like it. United is finally not terrible again. Chelsea is about as good as you could expect given the Manchester monies, and Arsenal has continued their downward trend. Liverpool being 4th is interesting I suppose, and Spurs had a period where they looked unstoppable before falling off a wagon.

I could have predicted this season. Boring.

(Also when the f*ck did Everton sneak up to 9th? Well played Big Sam, well played).

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Sunflash Big Sam is the man, I really regret he had to leave the England national team so soon, knowing how good he is keeping team from being relegated, he would have propably kept England in the WC 2018 pretty deep in the tournament. XD

But yeah, City winning games and dominating as they should, technically, United should have enough quality to do the same and Chelsea doing well considering they haven't really reinforced themselve that much.

• History

@Sunflash Big Sam is the man, I really regret he had to leave the England national team so soon, knowing how good he is keeping team from being relegated, he would have propably kept England in the WC 2018 pretty deep in the tournament. XD

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

City breaking the bank will start a trend next season among all top clubs to try to outspend each other. Boring yes but City is playing marvelous football and individually City players are all firing as if this is their prime years. I sincerely wish they don't continue their run and I think they won't. January will be busy shopping time and rivals will recharge for the spring push.

I am surprised that United has fallen off the title race because on paper United has the attacking quality to compete even if their defense fcks up, they have De Gea to save them.

Chelsea is finding stability and even though I was upset about transfer business, I am fine with current performance and finishing in top 4 will be a good run plus some cup runs if we can otherwise Roman should just back off from Conte let him do as he wishes. Chelsea needs a stability and growth. We have too many young talents that aren't given proper chances and we have a manager who is loved by players and by fans. We haven't had that since Mourinho days before his fall out so I hope this sh8t doesn't go down the drain like it did with Mou.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Marcus Yeah, but I don't think Conte priority is giving playtime to young player, he is obviously very focused on winning and did seem like he wanted to buy new player instead of promoting younger player. But seriously, I'm glad he is still doing so well this season despite playing CL and not having recruited all the player he wanted.

• History

@Marcus Yeah, but I don't think Conte priority is giving playtime to young player, he is obviously very focused on winning and did seem like he wanted to buy new player instead of promoting younger player. But seriously, I'm glad he is still doing so well this season despite player CL and not having recruited all the player he wanted.

Wellokaythen 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Denmark 0 6

The other big teams are going to fight for the other spots in the top.
It seems like everyone else is having a weird season. All the other teams like Tottenham, Manchester Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are all having good games followed up by some bad performances. I think its going to be a very entertaining affair in the year to come.
City is going to win it - if not, thats a miracle.

I think the leauge will end like this.

1. City
  2. Chelsea
  3. Manchester Utd
  4. Liverpool
  5. Tottenham
  6. Arsenal
Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

With City breaking (and setting) records this season, it should be fairly impossible for them to surrender the league now.

As for the rest? It's a pretty tight scrap for the other 3 CL places. Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal separated by a single point, with Chelsea and United nosing out in front of them. A bad couple of weekends for anyone of them could see that line-up change dramatically.

Honestly, this is one of the most exciting seasons in a while, because while Leicester shocked the world two years ago, we all knew it was going to be a flash in the pan, and while Chelsea won last year it was helped by having no European football, whereas this year City are genuinely looking like one of the best teams in the world. With the league all but sewn up, Guardiola might be able to focus on the Champions League now instead, and perhaps bring home another of his famous trebles. That would be historic, and the first English club to do it since United.

Also? Harry Kane just beat Shearer's record (which stood for 22 years) for calendar year PL goals (38), and has finished 2017 with the highest club and country tally (56) across the whole of Europe; the first player in 7 years to beat out Messi (54) and Ronaldo (53).

Fun times. :)

Lodatz 6 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

You could have predicted City breaking the all-time English domestic winning streak? Okay then.

See, Sun, why do you say things like this? I really wanna know, because while you say them with an authoritative air, they don't actually make sense, and it's far from the first time that you've given this forum the idea that the Premier League is somehow boring, or predictable, just because a mega-rich club is having a great season (and therefore doing what they "should do").

I mean, let's examine the logic, here. City, with their ridiculous amounts of money, should have been first the last 4 seasons, you say. But why? What, on paper, says that their squad is better than, say, Chelsea's squad, or United's squad, who spent almost as much money over the last 4 years as City have? If we're going by sheer money value, then all three of those squads should be winning the league every year, but... only one can do so, so literally every time you say that you predicted one of the mega-rich clubs to win, the very best you can say is that you're taking a punt on a 1-in-3 chance.

Then you factor in the non-money factors, the intangible qualities such as teamwork, which has allowed Arsenal to out-perform United in each of the last 4 seasons, despite spending only half what the Red Devils have, and also ensured that Tottenham have out-performed City (and United) for the last 2 seasons.

You call this an anomaly. I call it football, and evidence that money doesn't buy everything in sports.

And that's the real rub, here. I think why I challenge you on this point is because I perceive you to be smarter than this. You know that sports are not won on paper; if that were true, then what would be the point in even playing them? You know there are 3 mega-rich clubs in one league, along with at least 3 more teams who each regularly beat them (and even finish higher in the table than they do); if they all should win, then why do they ever fail? You know these things, on an intellectual level, so why then this idea that the season is 'vanilla' just because one of those mega-rich teams is playing peerless football (for the first time in 4 years)?

Is it because fans of the English league pride themselves on how competitive and unpredictable it is compared to other leagues, and you want to take that away from them?

I would hate to think you'd be motivated by such a thing, but I can't see any other reason why you'd keep arguing this case, when it's so clearly not true.

Help me out here.

• History

You could have predicted City breaking the all-time English domestic winning streak? Okay then.

See, Sun, why do you say things like this? I really wanna know, because while you say them with an authoritative air, they don't actually make sense, and it's far from the first time that you've given this forum the idea that the Premier League is somehow boring, or predictable, just because a mega-rich club is having a great season (and therefore doing what they "should do").

I mean, let's examine the logic, here. City, with their ridiculous amounts of money, should have been first the last 4 seasons, you say. But why? What, on paper, says that their squad is better than, say, Chelsea's squad, or United's squad, who spent almost as much money over the last 4 years as City have? If we're going by sheer money value, then all three of those squads should be winning the league every year, but... only one can do so, so literally every time you say that you predicted one of the mega-rich clubs to win,

Then you factor in the non-money factors, the intangible qualities such as teamwork (which has allowed Arsenal to out-perform United in each of the last 4 seasons, despite spending only half what the Red Devils have), and the fact that Tottenham have out-performed City (and United) for the last 2 seasons).

You call this an anomaly. I call it football, and evidence that money doesn't buy everything in sports.

And that's the real rub, here. I think why I challenge you on this point is because I perceive you to be smarter than this. You know that sports are not won on paper; if that were true, then what would be the point in even playing them? You know there are 3 mega-rich clubs in one league, along with at least 3 more teams who each regularly beat them (and even finish higher in the table than they do); if they all should win, then why do they ever fail? You know these things, on an intellectual level, so why then this idea that the season is 'vanilla' just because one of those mega-rich teams is playing peerless football (for the first time in 4 years)?

Is it because fans of the English league pride themselves on how competitive and unpredictable it is compared to other leagues, and you want to take that away from them?

I would hate to think you'd be motivated by such a thing, but I can't see any other reason why you'd keep arguing this case, when it's so clearly not true.

Help me out here.

I mean, let's examine the logic, here. City, with their ridiculous amounts of money, should have been first the last 4 seasons, you say. But why? What, on paper, says that their squad is better than, say, Chelsea's squad, or United's squad, who spent almost as much money over the last 4 years as City have? If we're going by sheer money value, then all three of those squads should be winning the league every year, but... only one can do so, so literally every time you say that you predicted one of the mega-rich clubs to win, the very best you can say is that you're taking a punt on a 1-in-3 chance.

Then you factor in the non-money factors, the intangible qualities such as teamwork (which has allowed Arsenal to out-perform United in each of the last 4 seasons, despite spending only half what the Red Devils have), and the fact that Tottenham have out-performed City (and United) for the last 2 seasons).

Help me out here.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Lodatz Yeah, good to see you mate, been too long since last time. I agree with a lot of thing you say. while its clear City are dominating, the other CL spot are gonna be super interesting fight, that comment kind of kept me interested in the PL all by itself! + 1