Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Premier League Predictions: Who will win it? 2017-18
DarioUtd 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 27 493

Sorry guys!! Maybe far too early to start making predictions but who do you think will win the Premier League next season? Please give reason(s) why you think that club will win it! Thanks! :D

If you vote for 'Another Club', again, please tell us who that club is, and why you have made that choice! :)

Once again, sorry it is so early to start making these predictions! Keep smiling! :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Sorry guys!! Maybe far too early to start making predictions but who do you think will win the Premier League next season? Please give reason(s) why you think that club will win it! Thanks! :D

If you vote for 'Another Club', again, please tell us who that club is, and why you have made that choice! :)

Once again, sorry it is so early to start making these predictions but i'm interested! Keep smiling! :)

Comments
legends16 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 39 783

@SunFlash

You say griezmann will solve all your problems - what will he bring that Ibra didn't?

The ability to finish more than one out of five excellent chances, hopefully.

Ibra came as one of the best strikers in Europe. If he lacked in anything, it might have been pace but he still put his shift in and inspired the whole team to work hard.

Bascially, is Griezmann a better finisher than Ibra? And will he have the same effect on the team that Ibra had that inspired a hard work ethic?

• History

You say griezmann will solve all your problems - what will he bring that Ibra didn't?

Ibra came as one of the best strikers in Europe. If he lacked in anything, it might have been pace but he still put his shift in and inspired the whole team to work hard.

Bascially, is Griezmann a better finisher than Ibra? And will he have the same effect on the team that Ibra had that inspired a hard work ethic?

@SunFlash

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

I don't think griezzman suits mourinhos style, united need a clinical target man someone who can hold the ball which grizzy lacks.
I might be wrong tho.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

On a limb - Tottenham to win! I'm going to dedicate my time to watching the Spurs next season. :)

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

Ibra had shit work ethic. I can't say it's the worst I've seen though, cause Berbatov.

It's tough to find any type of compilation on the misses he had this season, cause no one wants to see those. I think the best way to sum up Ibrahimovic's entire season is what was said by the commentator after he scored in the Community Shield, something along the lines of "great goal by Ibra, Jose's new striker...there could've been a question as to why he'd left him on." It shows the goal that Ibrahimovic brought, while at the same time showing that he'd really brought nothing else all game. In some contests, like that one, it was enough. Far too often this season, it wasn't.

You don't have the best defense in the league (which we did until Jose stopped caring about the PL) - and finish outside of the top four because your striker is as good as Ibra's been made out to be this season. Our entire system depended on the goals coming from the striker, cause they sure as hell weren't designed to come from anywhere else, and nor did they.

• History

Ibra had shit work ethic. I can't say it's the worst I've seen though, cause Berbatov.

It's tough to find any type of compilation on the misses he had this season, cause no one wants to see those. I think the best way to sum up Ibrahimovic's entire season is what was said by the commentator after he scored in the Community Shield, something along the lines of "great goal by Ibra, Jose's new striker...there could've been a question as to why he'd left him on." It shows the goal that Ibrahimovic brought, while at the same time showing that he'd really brought nothing else all game. In some contests, like that one, it was enough. Far too often this season, it wasn't.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I gotta say City look favourites again, but then they did last season too and that sure didn't work out. However they have already made 2 great signings already, one of them which was very needed. They will for sure be in a strong position for other signings too, as most players would relish the opportunity of working with Guardiola.

Couldn't agree more. Next season's going to be the biggest test for both Pep and Mourinho as both will likely create teams more defining to their philosophies, same goes for Conte who will also be going to his second season. PL has never been this competitive before, its so exciting.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Griezmann is the ultimate Mourinho style, deadly counter player, doesn't need number of players around him to be deadly, clinical finisher and one of the best defensive work rate in his position...
Give him space he will score screamers reason why England will be a walk in the park.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

can't disagree with @tiki about Mourinho preference .

Mourinho loves clinical lone strikers . Griezman will fit into EPL perfectly and Jose will be his ultimate manager to help him to do so . I don't think it will be walk in the park because we have yet to see La Liga developed striker to win golden shoes or score more than 30 bit French players seem to fit right in with EPL style .

Alfie_george 7 years ago
Liverpool, England 0 12

Since Klopp is serious in buying Van Djik and a solid left back, I believe Liverpool should be the favorites next season. Liverpool conceded stupid goals at the back and direly needed a solid CB along Matip and an established LB.
Going forward Liverpool are one of the best attacks in Europe right now which is evident by the fact they didn't lose to any top 6 side this season.

Chelsea, England 39 783

@SunFlash

Ibra had **** work ethic. I can't say it's the worst I've seen though, cause Berbatov.

Tbh I thought that as well when watching a match, but the commentators said the reverse was true and I figured they saw more than me, all the runs he made off camera so I went with their verdict.

Ok, I'll have to listen to you on that one because you have probably watched more MU matches than I have.

You don't have the best defense in the league (which we did until Jose stopped caring about the PL) - and finish outside of the top four because your striker is as good as Ibra's been made out to be this season. Our entire system depended on the goals coming from the striker, cause they sure as hell weren't designed to come from anywhere else, and nor did they.

Fair point. I also think though that Man U had a problem in the whole of their attack, not just the finisher. It has been very predictable - Mou had his players play very certain roles, most of the time doing long balls into the box for Ibra to head in. It is because of this Fellaini kept a place in the team. Although he is not skilful, he can do one thing - head balls. It is the same reason creative talents like Mkhi have struggled under Mou. He is not allowed to use his creative football flair so much, and has to be very disciplined. This is in contrast to Chelsea, where Hazard and Pedro have been allowed to be much more freedom, to such devastating effect. Chelsea goals in PL? 85 Man U? 54. Even Bournemouth scored more!

Also, would be interested to hear your thoughts on Pogba's season. The commentators have all written him off, and some of my MU friends hate him while others swear he is improving every game and has a much better season than everyone thinks?

• History

Ibra had **** work ethic. I can't say it's the worst I've seen though, cause Berbatov.

Tbh I thought that as well when watching a match, but the commentators said the reverse was true and I figured they saw more than me, all the runs he made off camera so I went with their verdict.

Ok, I'll have to listen to you on that one because you have probably watched more MU matches than I have.

Fair point. I also think though that Man U had a problem in the whole of their attack, not just the finisher. It has been very predictable -
Mou had his players play very certain roles, most of the time doing long balls into the box for Ibra to head in. It is because of this Fellaini kept a place in the team. Although he is not skilful, he can do one thing - head balls. It is the same reason creative talents like Mkhi have struggled under Mou. He is not allowed to use his creative football flair so much, and has to be very disciplined. This is in contrast to Chelsea, where Hazard and Pedro have been allowed to be much more freedom, to such devastating effect. Chelsea goals in PL? 85 Man U? 54. Even Bournemouth scored more!

Also, would be interested to hear your thoughts on Pogba's season. The commentators have all written him off, and some of my MU friends hate him while others swear he is improving every game and has a much better season than everyone thinks?

@SunFlash

Fair point. I also think though that Man U had a problem in the whole of their attack, not just the finisher. It has been very predictable -
Mou had his players play very certain roles, most of the time doing long balls into the box for Ibra to head in. It is because of this Fellaini kept a place in the team. Although he is not skilful, he can do one thing - head balls. It is the same reason creative talents like Mkhi have struggled under Mou. He is not allowed to use his creative football flair so much, and has to be very disciplined. This is in contrast to Chelsea, where Hazard and Pedro have been allowed to be much more freedom, to such devastating effect. Chelsea goals in PL? 85 Man U? 54. Even Bournemouth scored more!

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

I will revisit this post after the transfer window and I know who is where. For now, and for some fun, Huddersfield Town will win the league!!!!

Wellokaythen 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Denmark 0 6
  1. Man City
  2. Chelsea
  3. Tottenham
  4. Liverpool

United or Arsenal could easily take the 4th place as well. Next season is going to be very exciting, cant wait to see which players are being bought and which who are being sold. City is going to be very dangerous next season, i think Guardiola got something cooking for everyone.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@legends

I thought Pogba had a very solid season. He didn't light the world on fire the way many people justifiably expected him to with the amount of money involved, and he was VERY unlucky not to score more often (he hid the woodwork 10 times on the season, I think). I was discussing this with tiki here, so if you want you can look at that.

I think that if we'd bought Pogba for 60M everyone would think that he's had a terrific season. Aside from our first game vs Chelsea, I cannot think of a below average performance he put in this season, and when he was out of the lineup the difference in the control of the midfield was very clear.

I would say I think he's had a better season than Zlatan. I also think if he could reign in his ego for five seconds he could be one of the top players in the world.

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

To hell with it, I'll go with Arsenal. Especially since they're out of UCL. One of these days something unexpected should happen? Wait, will Wenger blow UEL too?

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@legends16 Ibra missed abt half the season and hes very old so hopefully a young fit griezmann will have a bigger impact...i also mentioned belotti as there is talk of a griezmann-belotti strike partnership which would be more effective than ibra any day of the week

nandaYNWA 7 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

i feel like wenger is going to focus entirely on the premier league next season, hed be stupid not to

Chelsea, England 39 783

@SunFlash

Ok, thanks for sharing your opinion on that.

@nigelpayne

Ibra scored 17 goals in 27 apperances (he missed a quarter of the season) = 0.62 goals per game.
Diego Costa scored 20 goals in 35 appearances = 0.57 goals per game.
No-one is saying Costa had a bad season, and Ibra was actually scoring more per game.

• History

@SunFlash

Ok, thanks for sharing your opinion on that.

@nigelpayne

Apparently the Griez move is off now.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

nigelpayne

You will not get both Belotti and Griezmann. I'm no Uinted fan but even Mourinho would not be so desperate to spend 180 million on Griezmann and Belotti.

legends16

the fans) will take the easy option of blaming Wenger instead of digging deep and pulling out performances

Trust me, if I could play I would play to my fullest capacity.

SunFlash

Aside from our first game vs Chelsea, I cannot think of a below average performance he put in this season

Watford first match? Arsenal first match? Everton first match? Liverpool second match? These are some matches that come to mind. Overall he's been good, but I disagree on him having only one below average performance.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Marcus Aguero and Torres ? Walk in the park doesn't mean only goals, Eden is having easy seasons at times due to his potential, doesn't mean he scores 30 goals, Antoine is a complete player, dribbles, Vision, technical ability, Football intelligence, positioning...
He is simply not a poacher, he is way more, modern 10.

@Sun I'm the harshest one on Pogba, because I love him, I want to see him focus on Football like Ibra does. Pogba is potentially best gifted player in PL, reason why his season didn't satisfied me despite getting a solid 14/20 or 15/20 stats aside, I never judge a player only on stats.
Pogba is worth the money spent on him, young, talented, shirt bestseller, a brand on his own, but greatness comes with achievements...
He needs help and stronger teammates, but this will come and for me he had the keys to be the team leader, reason why he is paying United 6th place result. But actually we know it's not is own responsibility.

• History

@Marcus Aguero and Torres ? Walk in the park doesn't mean only goals, Eden is having easy seasons at times due to his potential, doesn't mean he scores 30 goals, Antoine is a complete player, dribbles, Vision, technical ability, Football intelligence, positioning...
He is simply not a poacher, he is way more, modern 10.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Pogba is a fantastic player! He will shine if you put him next to a maestro someone like fabregas or pirlo.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@legends maybe i was exaggerating a bit with the whole half the season part but the point is ibras age makes him more prone to injury which was the main reason for his absence

also costa didn't have to score as many goals per game as there were more top goal scorers in the team like hazard and pedro...ibra was the only major goalscorer for us so he shud have been scoring more goals per game than costa

@amir I understand it is unlikely with mou's very defensive mindset when putting together the team-sheet but it would be very effective were it to happen

regarding the price element i dont see it being a problem as we have over 200mil to spend this season along with any funds from players we sell which may include an over 60mil de gea