Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Predictions #8
saatvik102 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, India 8 89

Hey guys, sorry for the really late post. I have been extremely busy this weekend. I still don't have time to calculate the standings of the previous one. Will post it soon.
This week in the Champions League we have some really exciting matches, including last season's semi final.

Champions League

Dortmund vs Real Madrid

• Tuesday at 2:45 PM USA EST

Leicester City vs Porto

• Tuesday at 2:45 PM USA ESt

Atletico Madrid vs Bayern Munich

• Wednesday at 2:45 PM USA EST

Overall Standings

Jimbet : 34
Liomessi10 : 34
Marcus2011 : 33
JuanMata10 : 33
Croatian : 32
Gustavo : 30
Novaruk : 30
Emobot : 29
Saatvik : 28
KTB: 28
Dynastian98 : 26
Gonzi: 24
Ashwin1729 : 22
Aiden_Finland: 20
Oturan: 19
Decentk : 15
Phenohyte: 15
Louis Van Gaal: 10
Tikitaka: 10
Rayrex7 : 10
Amerr30 : 5
Chucksea: 4
ayable11: 4
igorblue: 3
Lilywhite: 2
Crazyboss : 2
bluezz: 2
Golefty: 2
RBcity: 1

September Standings

Jimbet : 25
Juanmata10 : 24
Liomessi10 : 23
Croatian : 22
Novaruk : 22
KTBFFHSWE : 22
Ashwin1729 : 22
Gustavo : 21
Dynastian98 : 20
Marcus2011 : 20
Emobot7 : 19
Saatvik10 : 17
AidenFinland : 15
Gonzi : 15
Decentk : 15
Phenohyte : 15
Oturan: 12
Tikitaka: 10
rayrex: 3

(updated)

Point System

Example: Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid

3 points for correct score-- if you predicted Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid

1 point for guessing which team won or if it was a tie-- let's say you predicted Barcelona 3-1 Real Madrid

1 point for predicting how many goals a team scored (or if they didn't score)-- let's say you predicted Barcelona 0-0 Real Madrid
So you can get 2 points from one game. Let's say you predicted Barcelona 5-1 Real Madrid

1 point for predicting that Barcelona beat Madrid. And one point for predicting that Barcelona scored 5 goals.

You can't predict after the game starts. You can change your predictions as long as it's not after the start of the game.

Note: Please put a single prediction in number and if you want to add your thought on the match, do so in parentheses like this:

Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid (I think Barca will win this game by a big margin because Lionel Messi has been in great form and both Ramos and Casemiro are injured)

This will make it easier for us to calculate your point, thank you! :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hey guys, sorry for the really late post. I have been extremely busy this weekend. I still don't have time to calculate the standings of the previous one. Will post it soon.
This week in the Champions League we have some really exciting matches, including last season's semi final.

Champions League

Dortmund vs Real Madrid

• Tuesday at 2:45 PM USA EST

Leicester City vs Porto

• Tuesday at 2:45 PM USA ESt

Atletico Madrid vs Bayern Munich

• Wednesday at 2:45 PM USA EST

Overall Standings

Marcus2011 : 32
Jimbet : 32
Liomessi10 : 31
Gustavo : 30
Croatian : 29
JuanMata10 : 29
Emobot : 26
Novaruk : 26
Saatvik : 25
Dynastian98 : 25
KTB: 25
Gonzi: 22
Aiden_Finland: 19
Ashwin1729 : 19
Oturan: 16
Decentk : 12
Phenohyte: 12
Tikitaka: 9
Rayrex7 : 7

September Standings

Jimbet : 23
Gustavo : 21
Juanmata10 : 20
Liomessi10 : 20
Croatian : 19
Marcus2011 : 19
Novaruk : 18
KTBFFHSWE : 19
Dynastian98 : 19
Ashwin1729 : 19
Emobot7 : 16
Saatvik10 : 14
AidenFinland : 14
Gonzi : 13
Decentk : 12
Phenohyte : 12
Oturan: 9
Tikitaka: 9

(not updated)

Point System

Example: Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid

3 points for correct score-- if you predicted Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid

1 point for guessing which team won or if it was a tie-- let's say you predicted Barcelona 3-1 Real Madrid

1 point for predicting how many goals a team scored (or if they didn't score)-- let's say you predicted Barcelona 0-0 Real Madrid
So you can get 2 points from one game. Let's say you predicted Barcelona 5-1 Real Madrid

1 point for predicting that Barcelona beat Madrid. And one point for predicting that Barcelona scored 5 goals.

You can't predict after the game starts. You can change your predictions as long as it's not after the start of the game.

Note: Please put a single prediction in number and if you want to add your thought on the match, do so in parentheses like this:

Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid (I think Barca will win this game by a big margin because Lionel Messi has been in great form and both Ramos and Casemiro are injured)

This will make it easier for us to calculate your point, thank you! :D

Comments
NovaRuk 8 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

@Jimbet

You're right. Dortmund has a fast pace attacking football so that'll be the most interesting to watch. Although, I'd also like to see how Leicester perform against Porto. ;)

Amerr30 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Dortmund v Real started really really well. This'll be a good game. Hope we come out on top!

Amerr30 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Real started with James - Kroos - Modric midfield trio. Very attacking midfield from Zidane, this game should yield plenty goals.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Stupid goal to concede. Danilo making mistakes that lead to goals once again. He charges out and Ramos is forced to follow the other striker and cover Danilo's position, which leads to just Carvajal and Varane in the middle. F.uck this guy someone get rid of him please. This was such a winnable game that we blew once again because of one mistake.

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Borussia Dortmund LATE - LATE Real Madrid

Leicester City LATE-LATE FC Porto

Atletico Madrid 1-2 Bayern Munich

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Nah, for real though, I'm not sure I've ever seen Navas catch a shot. The ricochet off of Varane was 110% avoidable.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

Have you seen that shot from Schurle though? It was great. :D But to be sincere, I think it was a good results for Real, they lacked Pepe and aren't in the best form while BVB have been very impressive recently. I really think a draw was a decent results considering they were playing away.

• History

Have you seen that shot from Schurle though? It was great. :D But to be sincere, I think it was a good results for both team, Real Madrid lacked Pepe and aren't in the best form while BVB have been very impressive recently. I really think a draw was a decent results considering they were playing away.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The game was in Madrid hands, it felt so for à long period of the game, not saying BVB were poor its the opposite but Madrid looked experienced ( in fact They are ) And good in midlefield transitions Modric Motm without any problem, but They lacked a confident GK ( first Navas game ) And the second best player of the Euro if not the best Pepe. Dortmund did exactly the game expected from them to play, talent And ambitious youngsters rolling, but inexperienced " Dembele's game " is a perfect example. Did wonders but lacked sharpness.
I supposed a start of the game where Madrid intensity would be lower than Dortmund at the incredible Iduna park atmosphere, BVB scoring first then goals from side to side. But it wasn't the case, Madrid played well from the start and in big games they usually don't need many chances to put one through...
I think Dortmund are happy with the draw, no matter what is the form of the club in CL, experience matters more.

I don't know how Good Dortmund youngsters season would be, rulling them out of the CL race considering Madrid weaknesses would disappear on March, Navas and Pepe will be fit, Benz physically 100% and maybe a better CR then now. Madrid could only go better injuries aside, Dortmund will get Reus back but showed some limits vs Bayern and yesterday to claim winning CL, doesn't mean they won't go far but it's quite impossible to lift the trophy this season.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Modric made so many interceptions to counter attacks but BVB always tackled him down. Ronaldo best match this season by far, helped in defense and midfield. Danilo started bright, stopping dembele and giving some sweet long balls but he than returned to his normal self and fcked up. Benzema, absolutely horrendous performance, he needs to get his sht back. Bale was avergae, Kroos played great as well. Varane was making aubamayeng brake, his speed is underrated. But still, he needs to work on his positioning off the ball. Carvajal, nothing to say about him, this guy is one of the best RB in the world, in fact the best. Without our fullbacks and Modric we are basically an average team. We miss Marcelo's penetrating runs and Casemiro's physical appearance in midfield. Navas made some great saves however the FK could have been easily saved even by a handicap with no hands, he should have known better not to rebound the ball back to the 18 yard box. He should've caught it or pushed it above the net for a corner.

Ousmane dembele, I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is the best youngster in the world and this time, finally a youngster has the full potential to win a Balon D'or, Only Ronaldo and Messi were better at his age. Castro and Guerriro were also sensational, Guerriro especially. This BVB had more possession and attacks, not surprised though cause they also had more attacks and possession against Bayren as well. They lack experience, other than that, they have the squad to win this year's UCL.

Great game from both teams overall, wish them the best for the upcoming matches

saatvik102 8 years ago

Great game to watch, was end to end throughout. Dortmund and Real both started well, and Keylor Navas did make some good saves, even if he was not willing to catch the ball.
Ousmanne Dembele was good, but as Tiki said, he lacked sharpness. Weigl was also another player for Dortmund who excelled. Real's squad is more experienced than Dortmund's and maybe that made the difference. But Dortmund do have the squad to go far this season.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@saatvik From what I saw, I agree, was a great game, BVB sured seem dangerous but Navas was very good and made some very altetic save. Too bad his handling and decision making wasn't as good as his reflexe but he is still one of my favorite RM player. :D Dortmund had tons of decent chance but at the end of day, they were kind of lucky with the results as Real Madrid finishing was much better. Great game by Ronaldo, he is finally getting back to his best form after his injury in the Euro. Benzema is unsuprisingly still inconsistent as a drunk ninja from what I heard and I really hope Bale can get even better performance for the team in the future. :D Modric my man was good on the job as well it seem, that is also good to hear. ;D Still, happy for the results since I would like to see both team out of the group stage and onto the knockout phase. :)

Dynastian98 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

What we need is our two Brazilian starters back. Miro and Marcelo make such a huge difference on the team. When our starting XI is fully fit, we are probably the most balanced and most dangerous outfit in the world...

EDIT:: Let's not forget my boi Pepe.

• History

What we need is our two Brazilian starters back. Miro and Marcelo make such a huge difference on the team. When our starting XI is fully fit, we are probably the most balanced and most dangerous outfit in the world...

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Dynastian Pepe, he is such a idiot when it come to diving but such a genius when it come to defence, this guys is so solid at the back. :D Whenever him and Marcelo are not playing, there is a big difference in how RM play. And that because the real 3 amigos of Real Madrid are Pepe, Marcelo and Ronaldo. ;P

• History

@Dynastian Pepe, he is such a idiot when it come to diving but such a genius when it come to defence, this guys is so solid at the back. :D Whenever him and Marcelo are not player, there is a big difference in how they play. And that because the real 3 amigos of Real Madrid are Pepe, Marcelo and Ronaldo. ;P

RzaliLive 8 years ago
Inter, Argentina 0 2

Dortmun-4 Franko team 0

saatvik102 8 years ago

It was an exciting Champions League round, with good matches all over Europe.
Results -
Borussia Dortmund 2-2 Real Madrid
Leicester City 1-0 Porto
Atletico 1-0 Bayern

Round 8 standings

Rayrex7 : 5
KTBFFHSWE : 5
JuanMata10 : 5
Ashwin1729 : 4
Jimbet : 4
Croatian : 4
Novaruk : 3
Gustavo : 3
Gonzi : 3
Tikitaka : 3
Dynastian98 : 3
AidenFinland : 3
Saatvik10 : 3
Marcus2011 : 3
Oturan51 : 3
Emobot7 : 2
Decentk : 1

Overall Standings

Jimbet : 38
JuanMata10 : 38
Marcus2011 : 36
Croatian : 36
Liomessi10 : 34
Gustavo : 33
Novaruk : 33
KTB: 33
Emobot : 31
Saatvik : 31
Dynastian98 : 29
Gonzi: 27
Ashwin1729 : 26
Aiden_Finland: 23
Oturan: 22
Decentk : 16
Rayrex7 : 15
Phenohyte: 15
Tikitaka: 13

September Standings

Jimbet : 29
Juanmata10 : 29
KTBFFHSWE : 27
Croatian : 26
Ashwin1729 : 26
Novaruk : 25
Gustavo : 24
Liomessi10 : 23
Dynastian98 : 23
Marcus2011 : 23
Emobot7 : 21
Saatvik10 : 20
AidenFinland : 18
Gonzi : 18
Decentk : 16
Phenohyte : 15
Oturan: 15
Tikitaka: 13
rayrex: 8

JuanMata10 climbs up to joint first place after getting five points. This means that we have two winners of September, Jimbet and JuanMata10!! Congrats to both of them.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Dammmmn